Wave 1 Backpack Shipping Update?

4P3t3sSake
2 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

Sooo many backpacks arriving... They are doing their best to chew through the backlog.

Seems like they started at the wrong end of the log. 🙃 NBD just don't want to miss the window and get stuck waiting 3 more months for the next delivery lol.

1 minute ago, Beerbuddy said:

Seems like they started at the wrong end of the log. 🙃 NBD just don't want to miss the window and get stuck waiting 3 more months for the next delivery lol.

It shouldn't be that long regardless, but I totally understand your anticipation. it's been a longer wait than expected for us too 😞

3 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

It shouldn't be that long regardless, but I totally understand your anticipation. it's been a longer wait than expected for us too 😞

Thanks for the Update Brotha

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

15 hours ago, Beerbuddy said:

Did your order require a partial refund for shipping charged for the stickers? I wonder if those refunds caused a problem?

No, I didn't have the stickers in my order. I didn't want anything weird to hold it up, so it's just the back pack itself.

15 hours ago, tylerwatt12 said:

So I got my tracking on the 10th. Part of wave 1, however UPS still shows they didn't receive the package. Anyone else?

That is how all of my orders have been. I'm in Michigan and it seems like it takes a couple days for shipping to the US and customs, then once it's through that, UPS picks up the rest of the leg stateside.

Yeah hoping the refund and the stickers didn’t cause any issues. I’m in the 336 range and haven’t heard anything.

I ordered in wave 1 & a co worker ordered in wave 2, I received a $6 & change refund & he didn't but he got his shipping notification today.

I wonder if the refund is causing delays while people who didn't get a refund aren't being delayed?

I also picked the GPU Wasteland postcard so maybe that has something to do with the delay? IDK I'm just ready to replace my 4 year old North Face Backpack with something that can actually hold my all the stuff I need for work while I travel.

I put in a support ticket this morning but no reply as of now.

"Oh, you don't say? Go ahead and die, then." Motoko Ghost in the Shell-SAC-2nd Gig Episode 1 

The greatest anime moment of all time.

9 minutes ago, Atropos said:

I ordered in wave 1 & a co worker ordered in wave 2, I received a $6 & change refund & he didn't but he got his shipping notification today.

I wonder if the refund is causing delays while people who didn't get a refund aren't being delayed?

I also picked the GPU Wasteland postcard so maybe that has something to do with the delay? IDK I'm just ready to replace my 4 year old North Face Backpack with something that can actually hold my all the stuff I need for work while I travel.

I don’t think the refunds had anything to do with it, I’m middleish wave 1, no refund, and still haven’t got a notification either. Even if the wave 2 notifications are just a label was printed, kinda concerns me because a lot in wave 1 have heard absolutely nothing for almost a month since the first delay email, both ones who got the refund and ones who haven’t 

52 minutes ago, Atropos said:

So they're shipping (or at least notifying) wave 2 before finishing wave 1? Very confused by their logic here... My order had a hoodie and stickers in it that were already shipped immediately at the time, so the backpack is the only thing left to fulfill.

My old backpack of almost 10 years is starting to fall apart. After the first delay announcement, I've been holding out hope of replacing it in time for a trip abroad this weekend. :T

29 minutes ago, zvarri91 said:

So they're shipping (or at least notifying) wave 2 before finishing wave 1? Very confused by their logic here... My order had a hoodie and stickers in it that were already shipped immediately at the time, so the backpack is the only thing left to fulfill.

My old backpack of almost 10 years is starting to fall apart. After the first delay announcement, I've been holding out hope of replacing it in time for a trip abroad this weekend. :T

What it seems like they’re doing from what nick has said is just printing a ton of shipping labels to be ready when the containers get in, but for some reason wave 1 isn’t getting any notifications about it… So I don’t know what’s going on with wave 1, he said on Twitter some possibly got skipped somehow but they’re going to do an audit and get it figured out? But  an update would be nice

Just got my wave 1 Screwdriver and got the shipping notification for the backpack a few minutes ago!! Super excited and the screwdriver feels great so far!

I understand growing pains. But this is pretty annoying considering they've had extra months to figure out the logistics. Preprinting labels is asking for problems. If you simply misplace or accidentally lose a stack, it's very difficult to audit. 

Yeah it’s a bit annoying tbh. Originally I was in wave 1 cause there was still orders left and now it seems like I somehow got pushed back to Wave 2. No notification yet on shipping. Definitely has to be some rhyme or reason to it. Maybe doing all the ones shipping to a geographic area first?

3 minutes ago, ccs46 said:

Yeah it’s a bit annoying tbh. Originally I was in wave 1 cause there was still orders left and now it seems like I somehow got pushed back to Wave 2. No notification yet on shipping. Definitely has to be some rhyme or reason to it. Maybe doing all the ones shipping to a geographic area first?

They said they’ve reiterated to the distributor and shipper to make sure they’re going in order of purchase, but it still doesn’t make sense to me how wave 2 are getting notifications, even if it’s just labels printed, when some of wave 1 has heard nothing at all for almost a month when they’ve said they have enough on hand or close to being there to get all of wave 1 and most of wave 2 shipped soon

Wave 2 getting notices before some of us in wave 1 is quite off-putting 

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

2 hours ago, Shin-Gouki said:

Wave 2 getting notices before some of us in wave 1 is quite off-putting 

I just want to be able to carry both my laptops in my backpack lol. Tired of carrying my corpy and MacBook bag separately.

11:33pm est  8/3 Wave 2 order. Haven't even gotten a prepaid label lol. 

Also ordered one for somewhat frequent travel to see family. Not easy to shove a work laptop and personal laptop and  a steam deck/switch in my current backpack. 

Personally I don't care if I have to wait or if there is a delay or if someone messed up, I just want to know what is going on.

"Hey Guys we messed up & shipped out some Wave 2 before Wave 1 sorry you are going to have to wait or whatever"

is much better imo than *crickets

I work in warehouse automation so I visit a lot of warehouses allover the country & I've seen mistakes be made, orders put on the wrong truck, left in a corner of the warehouse whatever, organizing thousands of orders, keeping them in the order they were received, making labels, sending notifications, all this is a very complex process & I'm sure the community as a whole will understand if some mistakes were made.

We just want to know that you know mistakes were made & that you are working to correct these mistakes.

All we can do for now is wait for a reply/update like we've been doing lol this post is probably pointless but it makes me feel better to just say something.

"Oh, you don't say? Go ahead and die, then." Motoko Ghost in the Shell-SAC-2nd Gig Episode 1 

The greatest anime moment of all time.

4 hours ago, Atropos said:

Personally I don't care if I have to wait or if there is a delay or if someone messed up, I just want to know what is going on.

"Hey Guys we messed up & shipped out some Wave 2 before Wave 1 sorry you are going to have to wait or whatever"

I work in warehouse automation so I visit a lot of warehouses allover the country & I've seen mistakes be made, orders put on the wrong truck, left in a corner of the warehouse whatever, organizing thousands of orders, keeping them in the order they were received, making labels, sending notifications, all this is a very complex process & I'm sure the community as a whole will understand if some mistakes were made.

We just want to know that you know mistakes were made & that you are working to correct these mistakes.

All we can do for now is wait for a reply/update like we've been doing lol this post is probably pointless but it makes me feel better to just say something.

Totally agree with this. Having to watch twitter for updates is frustrating. I know that shipping physical goods isn't LMGs primary focus and that their team is overwhelmed, but clear, transparent, and consistent communication is the best way to combat this frustration. I work with high-touch clients and luxury goods. We always try and anticipate and communicate issues before they occur and then have a proactive communication cycle. In this case, one email and a couple of forum posts just isn't enough when mass email communication is easy to draft and send. 

40 minutes ago, Omni-Owl said:

Got an email today saying my backpack is being sent now \o/ (wave 1)

Hopefully I’ll get mine today. 

1 hour ago, Omni-Owl said:

Got an email today saying my backpack is being sent now \o/ (wave 1)

Do you know your order number so we can guesstimate ours

7 hours ago, Atropos said:

I will be lying if i said that i don't care about delays, but i totally get and share your point. It's really annoying when i have to look on the threads, look on twitter, to have any update or any words. The last update was on sept 18, after that, radio silent...

Work in progress: AMD FX-8350 / ASUS Sabertooth 990fx / ASUS GTX 770 2GB / Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866 MHZ / Cooler Master V-Series 700W /Samsung 840 Pro 128GB / WD Caviar Blue 1T 7200rpm / Corsair H100i / Fractal Design Define R4 / 

6 minutes ago, ndratz91 said:

Do you know your order number so we can guesstimate ours

Not a clue. And even if I could I doubt it would help anyone else. I doubt they would send these out in order. Probably just wave based and then whatever orders they get to they send.

40 minutes ago, Omni-Owl said:

Not a clue. And even if I could I doubt it would help anyone else. I doubt they would send these out in order. Probably just wave based and then whatever orders they get to they send.

Nick has said several times they are sending them out in purchase order