Wave 1 Backpack Shipping Update?

4P3t3sSake

Has there been any update on the Wave 1 shipping timelines since the 18th email from @nicklmg

I know there's nothing that the team can do about the delays at port, but I'm surprised another update hasn't been formally sent either via an email from LTTStore or here on the forum. 

Even if there's not a ton of new info to be shared, keeping the buyers in the loop is probably the best way to prevent frustration (or worst case a wave of cancelations or chargebacks). 

@LinusTechdisappointing but understandably out of your control. Had to deal with this in the past when I worked for Sega

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

15 hours ago, LinusTech said:

Hoping to have 10 containers to ship by Oct 10.

Thank you for responding! I know it's out of your control and appreciate the transparency! 

On 9/26/2022 at 3:31 PM, LinusTech said:

Hoping to have 10 containers to ship by Oct 10.

knowing this and i will still check my order page daily

Maybe I missed it in the last episode but does the carabiner change delay the shipping?

4 hours ago, botto said:

Maybe I missed it in the last episode but does the carabiner change delay the shipping?

There hasn't been anything officially announced that I can find. I would assume that wave 1 orders would be sent the "care package" at some later date based on how quickly they can source the parts. Subsequent waves may have the pulls swapped before shipping. Given the engineering that has to go into the new pulls and the custom tool to help with disassembly/reassembly, I wouldn't bet on finalization before the end of October.  Maybe @nicklmg knows more? I hate to see another hurdle in the launch, but so far it looks like they have a plan to tackle it. I'm personally more worried about the stress on the metal on the zipper bases themselves based on prying them open. Linus implied that it can really only be done once, so I'm think it's a safe assumption that it will impact longevity. 

3 hours ago, 4P3t3sSake said:

There hasn't been anything officially announced that I can find. I would assume that wave 1 orders would be sent the "care package" at some later date based on how quickly they can source the parts. Subsequent waves may have the pulls swapped before shipping. Given the engineering that has to go into the new pulls and the custom tool to help with disassembly/reassembly, I wouldn't bet on finalization before the end of October.  Maybe @nicklmg knows more? I hate to see another hurdle in the launch, but so far it looks like they have a plan to tackle it. I'm personally more worried about the stress on the metal on the zipper bases themselves based on prying them open. Linus implied that it can really only be done once, so I'm think it's a safe assumption that it will impact longevity. 

Yeah, the fatigue of the metal is a bit concerning, maybe there is a way to avoid too much degradation of the metal (only opening it a bit to let the existing carabiner out)

I do hope it’s a care package for wave 1.

I've seen some updates on the LTT Reddit about other Wave 1 orders shipping out, but I was at tail end of wave 1 (around the 8,000 mark) and haven't seen any notifications yet. Anyone else having any luck?

5 hours ago, 4P3t3sSake said:

I've seen some updates on the LTT Reddit about other Wave 1 orders shipping out, but I was at tail end of wave 1 (around the 8,000 mark) and haven't seen any notifications yet. Anyone else having any luck?

Yes, I posted in a separate shipping related thread.  I received both backpack and screwdriver shipment notifications yesterday.

6 hours ago, 4P3t3sSake said:

Pretty sure I was around ~6500 in wave 1 and haven't received shipping notification yet. With the (US) holiday today, I'm assuming we will see a bit of a delay over what was stated. 

Wave one as well and nothing as of yet

In fact the last email I got was on August 7th and that was my Hoodie that I ordered at the same time. Nothing on the delay and no shipping notice in the last couple of days like others have gotten. 

On 10/10/2022 at 4:57 PM, descendency said:

Pretty sure I was around ~6500 in wave 1 and haven't received shipping notification yet. With the (US) holiday today, I'm assuming we will see a bit of a delay over what was stated. 

Hey man! Just got my notification. I feel like I ordered around that period too. What time did your order confirmation email arrive? Might give us a clue. I ordered mine at around 10:20 pm (22:20) EST August 3rd.

Hopefully you get yours soon!

57 minutes ago, Jenos_Idanian said:

Hey man! Just got my notification. I feel like I ordered around that period too. What time did your order confirmation email arrive? Might give us a clue. I ordered mine at around 10:20 pm (22:20) EST August 3rd.

Also ordered on the August 3rd at 10:11pm EST and haven't heard about anything shipping so far.

2 hours ago, detroitwraps said:

Also ordered on the August 3rd at 10:11pm EST and haven't heard about anything shipping so far.

My order went through at 8:14pm EST, and I haven't heard anything since the first shipping delay email.

Mine was 7:05pm (Pacific, I'm in LA) August 3rd and still absolutely nothing

My order was at 9:52pm EST August 3rd and like everyone still no shipping email or update... ☹️

Work in progress: AMD FX-8350 / ASUS Sabertooth 990fx / ASUS GTX 770 2GB / Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866 MHZ / Cooler Master V-Series 700W /Samsung 840 Pro 128GB / WD Caviar Blue 1T 7200rpm / Corsair H100i / Fractal Design Define R4 / 

I was around 9:42 CST on August 3rd just to add some context. Nothing as of today. @nicklmg or @LinusTech are there any further updates ya'll can share? 

Order number 332345 order placed 7:30PM EST Aug 3rd. still haven't received shipping.

21 hours ago, Jenos_Idanian said:

Did your order require a partial refund for shipping charged for the stickers? I wonder if those refunds caused a problem?

So I got my tracking on the 10th. Part of wave 1, however UPS still shows they didn't receive the package. Anyone else?

44 minutes ago, Beerbuddy said:

Did your order require a partial refund for shipping charged for the stickers? I wonder if those refunds caused a problem?

That's an interesting theory, my order was partially refunded too for the shipping error. I think that, the other big factor for delaying the shipping is the change (recall) for the carabine zippers, maybe they are changing it before it shipp.

Work in progress: AMD FX-8350 / ASUS Sabertooth 990fx / ASUS GTX 770 2GB / Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866 MHZ / Cooler Master V-Series 700W /Samsung 840 Pro 128GB / WD Caviar Blue 1T 7200rpm / Corsair H100i / Fractal Design Define R4 / 

No partial refund on mine and still no email

Order         Date                       Payment status  Fulfillment status
#335070    August 03, 2022    Paid                    Partial