Wave 1 Backpack Shipping Update?

4P3t3sSake

Me too, my order was 334XXX, hope they shipped soon 

Work in progress: AMD FX-8350 / ASUS Sabertooth 990fx / ASUS GTX 770 2GB / Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866 MHZ / Cooler Master V-Series 700W /Samsung 840 Pro 128GB / WD Caviar Blue 1T 7200rpm / Corsair H100i / Fractal Design Define R4 / 

*** Thread cleaned ***

Some of the removed posts contained wording and meaning which doesn't belong on these forums. Some of the replies to those posts with quotes were removed as collateral. This is not a form of censorship by LTT Store. I bear no love to their communications or other methadology.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 minutes ago, Michiyo said:

336XXX Just got my shipping notification.

I’m close to the beginning of the 336xxx so hopefully I get mine soon too!

If you live in North America and you think that is slow, spare a thought for us Aussies. Look at this joke. One week later that’s the best they could do😂 This is as of today 18/10 in the evening local time.

C3191491-C3CF-48D2-A1F9-9BBC219B651C.jpeg

Battlestations

Spoiler

Clevo P775TM1 | i7-8700K Delidded | 32GB DDR4 2666MHz XMP | QHD 120Hz G-Sync | 1080 | 3TB NVMe

Lenovo Legion 7i | i7-11800H | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | QHD 165Hz G-Sync | 3080 | 4TB NVMe

PS3 Slim 320GB, Xbox 360 Super Elite FF XIII Special Edition 250GB, 1TB  SSD PS4 Pro, 2TB PS5, Xbox Series X

Mobile

Spoiler

Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Burgundy 1TB, M1 iPad Pro 12.9” 2TB

still prepared for shipping. no tracking or anything. Wed, Aug 3, 8:33 PM pst order wave 2.

Be prepared for it to take a while for the package to actually start moving. Mine is Wave 1 331xxx, and received shipping notification on 10/13, but UPS tracking still just showing label created and package not received yet. Wizmo finally shows a scan in Vancouver today 10/18, so maybe it is finally getting transferred to UPS and starting to move along.

I received the order tracking confirmation early AM. We'll see if the timeline matches the "3-9" days shipping estimate on the original order. 

52 minutes ago, 4P3t3sSake said:

I received the order tracking confirmation early AM. We'll see if the timeline matches the "3-9" days shipping estimate on the original order. 

Probly about as well as Sept 20th then oct 10th/ beginning of Oct estimates matched 🤣

49 minutes ago, 4P3t3sSake said:

I wouldn't count on it. I received my "shipping" notification last week on Tuesday with no movement. Just "Shipment Data Received" and "Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet." Like yourself, I had a trip planned for this week and will be out of the country for 2 weeks. I would have like to used this bag for that trip, but now with so few days left and it not showing any movement, it seems like a pipe dream at this point.

15 minutes ago, Professor Nope said:

I wouldn't count on it. I received my "shipping" notification last week on Tuesday with no movement. Just "Shipment Data Received" and "Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet." Like yourself, I had a trip planned for this week and will be out of the country for 2 weeks. I would have like to used this bag for that trip, but now with so few days left and it not showing any movement, it seems like a pipe dream at this point.

Yea, they keep saying a lot are shipping a lot but it seems like they’re just printing labels mostly still… I wish they would have held off on sending screw drivers early so they were able to do more backpacks, assuming they had enough on hand, screw drivers take up a lot less room to hold for a week, and, relative the the backpack, are cheap, and yes, I bought a screwdriver also 

As some have already mentioned here, all wave 1 (and most/all of wave 2) shipping notifications should be sent out by today 🙂 we appreciate your patience along the way here.

This process wound up being a bit crazier than we had hoped. Backpacks were supposed to arrive in relative "waves" with about 10,000 pieces arriving at a time, which would have given our distributor ample time to receive, sort, and ship in a timely manner.

Instead, due to port delays and other logistics issues, we've received about 25,000 in the span of 7 days, which has been extremely difficult to manage at our facility.

I've been in close contact with the team throughout the process, and the thing we've clarified above all else is that shipping in order is top priority, and that has been confirmed time and time again. There has been some discussion around some wave 2 & 3 backpacks shipping before wave 1. Based on our direction, this should only be happening in cases where those "wave 2 or 3" bags are actually wave 1 buyers who have had to change address (unfortunately due to tax compliance we have to actually cancel & re-order each time someone required an address change). I need to look into this a bit more on my side to ensure that is the only time that these out of order shipments have happened, as anything outside of that would certainly be a mistake.

Due to a few changes in how they have printed labels, there were a number of shipments which received notifications out of order, but we've maintained throughout the process that shipments should happen in order no matter what.

Overall, definitely a lot of lessons learned through the process, and I'll be working on improving our systems moving forward to better manage process & communication in a situation like this in the future.

The team is still working hard to get all pending backpack orders out as quickly as possible. Hopefully all pending shipments will start to see updates very soon, though that obviously depends on a few parties outside of our control (UPS, USPS, etc.) and their processing times.

I'll try to check in throughout the next few days here and answer any pending questions as they come up.

I feel a lot of people in this thread are putting a lot of faith into consumerism as if it will fix a problem they have at home.

If you are severely upset about shipping delays that are outside of their control then you might have to look inwards instead of lashing out.

It's a backpack. Whatever goes on in your own house won't be solved by it's existence or coming to you any faster.

It's okay to be upset that you haven't gotten it yet, given what you paid (me included). But to lash out at staff for something that is literally outside their control won't help you and certainly won't expidite your transaction any faster.

5 minutes ago, Omni-Owl said:

I feel a lot of people in this thread are putting a lot of faith into consumerism as if it will fix a problem they have at home.

If you are severely upset about shipping delays that are outside of their control then you might have to look inwards instead of lashing out.

It's a backpack. Whatever goes on in your own house won't be solved by it's existence or coming to you any faster.

i totally share your opinion, i think that a product delay shouldn't be a major disaster. But in my opinion the problem with the delays was primarily the lack of communication and the broken expectation that people have with delivery estimates. 

Work in progress: AMD FX-8350 / ASUS Sabertooth 990fx / ASUS GTX 770 2GB / Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866 MHZ / Cooler Master V-Series 700W /Samsung 840 Pro 128GB / WD Caviar Blue 1T 7200rpm / Corsair H100i / Fractal Design Define R4 / 

11 minutes ago, Omni-Owl said:

It's okay to be upset that you haven't gotten it yet, given what you paid (me included). But to lash out at staff for something that is literally outside their control won't help you and certainly won't expidite your transaction any faster.

I don’t think a lot of the people are upset about the delay, more the big gabs between updates, given what was paid like you said 

4 minutes ago, urdaneta88 said:

i totally share your opinion, i think that a product delay shouldn't be a major disaster. But in my opinion the problem with the delays was primarily the lack of communication and the broken expectation that people have with delivery estimates. 

4 minutes ago, ndratz91 said:

I don’t think a lot of the people are upset about the delay, more the big gabs between updates, given what was paid like you said 

Right but here is the thing; Most people would not have been happy either with with tweets saying "No updates" every week. The lack is not due to no transparency. It's that there is nothing meaningful to say. Would you rather they had kept posting a delivery date they knew they couldn't guarantee and then keep pushing it until the waves were done?

There is no winning for LMG in this one. They could have been the most talkative group on the planet, and people would still have thrown mud at them because their backpack was not sent yet.

Like yeah, I'm upset too that my backpack has not been sent yet, despite being Wave 1 (only a label printed). But even then it's not LMGs fault this ended up a mess. There was a plan, outside forces made those plans invalid, LMG now just have to roll with what they can. That's not their fault and they don't deserve the vitriol they get for that.

2 minutes ago, Omni-Owl said:

Right but here is the thing; Most people would not have been happy either with "No updates" every week. The lack is not due to no transparency. It's that there is nothing meaningful to say. Would you rather they had kept posting a delivery date they knew they couldn't guarantee and then keep pushing it until the waves were done?

There is no winning for LMG in this one. They could have been the most talkative group on the planet, and people would still have thrown mud at them because their backpack was not sent yet.

There’s been no ‘official’ update emailed since a month ago, a good number of people who ordered either don’t know/didn’t know or for whatever other reason about the forums to come check all the time, I know they are working hard, but a lot of the people would have just liked to have something official or the web page updated to reflect the fact we are passed the beginning of the month and they are still working through port delays or what ever, people just like to hear anything, but like you said, some people would still be unhappy unless Linus flew in to personally hand them the bag, there’s no winning it all

10 minutes ago, Omni-Owl said:

Right but here is the thing; Most people would not have been happy either with with tweets saying "No updates" every week. The lack is not due to no transparency. It's that there is nothing meaningful to say. Would you rather they had kept posting a delivery date they knew they couldn't guarantee and then keep pushing it until the waves were done?

On that point i disagree. I think being transparent is communicate the problems that are facing. Maybe like you said, a week of "No update" doesn't have any meaningful information, but checking that the last update was Sep 18, and we "have" the update here in the forum, and not all the rest of the buyers. That, to me is a lack of communication, that make everybody upset or disappointed.

12 minutes ago, urdaneta88 said:

On that point i disagree. I think being transparent is communicate the problems that are facing. Maybe like you said, a week of "No update" doesn't have any meaningful information, but checking that the last update was Sep 18, and we "have" the update here in the forum, and not all the rest of the buyers. That, to me is a lack of communication, that make everybody upset or disappointed.

That to me shows they are trying and currently still don't have a meaningful update to make.

You are being fed breadcrumbs because there's no bread.

4 minutes ago, Omni-Owl said:

That to me shows they are trying and currently still don't have a meaningful update to make.

You are being fed breadcrumbs because there's no bread.

No we aren’t being fed bread crumbs, those of us who know where to look are having to ask and wait to see if we might get one, I’m not saying I wanted an update every day or even every week, just one around the last guesstimate of shipping by, since the last one a month ago

2 hours ago, nicklmg said:

As some have already mentioned here, all wave 1 (and most/all of wave 2) shipping notifications should be sent out by today 🙂 we appreciate your patience along the way here.

This process wound up being a bit crazier than we had hoped. Backpacks were supposed to arrive in relative "waves" with about 10,000 pieces arriving at a time, which would have given our distributor ample time to receive, sort, and ship in a timely manner.

Instead, due to port delays and other logistics issues, we've received about 25,000 in the span of 7 days, which has been extremely difficult to manage at our facility.

I've been in close contact with the team throughout the process, and the thing we've clarified above all else is that shipping in order is top priority, and that has been confirmed time and time again. There has been some discussion around some wave 2 & 3 backpacks shipping before wave 1. Based on our direction, this should only be happening in cases where those "wave 2 or 3" bags are actually wave 1 buyers who have had to change address (unfortunately due to tax compliance we have to actually cancel & re-order each time someone required an address change). I need to look into this a bit more on my side to ensure that is the only time that these out of order shipments have happened, as anything outside of that would certainly be a mistake.

Due to a few changes in how they have printed labels, there were a number of shipments which received notifications out of order, but we've maintained throughout the process that shipments should happen in order no matter what.

Overall, definitely a lot of lessons learned through the process, and I'll be working on improving our systems moving forward to better manage process & communication in a situation like this in the future.

The team is still working hard to get all pending backpack orders out as quickly as possible. Hopefully all pending shipments will start to see updates very soon, though that obviously depends on a few parties outside of our control (UPS, USPS, etc.) and their processing times.

I'll try to check in throughout the next few days here and answer any pending questions as they come up.

Sir, I'm going to need you to get on your bicycle and hand deliver my package. That's all that I ask. Only a few states away in Pennsylvania. Thanks. 

3 hours ago, nicklmg said:

I am curious, how does everything show up/what is the logistics side of everything like? (It would be neat to see a video on some day).

I had figured it would just be 40' shipping containers sitting in the parking lot, though I suppose with limited parking, that may not work out so well.

11 minutes ago, Rikere said:

I am curious, how does everything show up/what is the logistics side of everything like? (It would be neat to see a video on some day).

I had figured it would just be 40' shipping containers sitting in the parking lot, though I suppose with limited parking, that may not work out so well.

Yeah everything's coming in 40' HC but we had like 21 containers arrive in the span of 7 days with only 3 available bays XD so it has been a bit of a shuffling crapshow.

Seems like there were some mistakes along the way on our distribution front. Full credit to them for their hard work, they are unmatched on that front. But we can refine some aspects for sure...

Me thinks there could be a video in the future showing a ton of shipping containers showing up at once 🤣

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys.