TechTempest

Adding a list of Links of ATX 3.0 PSU sites:

Currently for sale:

Silverstone

MSI

Gigabyte

News:

Gigabyte

GIGABYTE GP-UD1000GM PG5 1000W PCIe 5.0 80 Plus Gold Certified Fully Modular Power Supply https://a.co/d/5bGwlk9

MSI

https://www.msi.com/Power-Supply/MPG-A1000G-PCIE5

------Original post--------

Hey all,

Work has approved buying me a 4090 which will be used for renderings purposes alongside a 5950x and I really want to use a proper ATX 3.0 PSU so I don't have to deal with adapters and can use the built in data port.

The problem is I don't see any ATX 3.0 PSU's for sale from any seller or a manufacturer. Am I missing something?

Can we use this thread to post ATX 3.0 PSU's that go up for sale?

Thermaltake GF3 is already out in EU, should be ok, but no testing yet (the 1650W model even has 2x Gen 5 16-pin plugs) Asus ROG Loki SFX-L is out next week in EU.

Problem is no 3rd party in the world has the capability to test ATX 3.0, PCIE Gen 5 yet. Very soon (within weeks), but not as of today.

(The new MSI AiP Ai1000P/Ai1300P and Corsair HXi series should also be full-spec, but not tested by 3rd party yet).

The only 3rd party testers will be Intel, Aris (HardwareBusters website and youtube, Techpower, Tomshardware). And Linus a bit later.

https://hwbusters.com/

https://www.youtube.com/c/HardwareBustersInternational/videos

spacer.png

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/600W-PCIe-5-0-12VHPWR-Type-4-PSU-Power-Cable/p/CP-8920284

Corsair cable is available for order (out of stock), and a nicer individually sleeved in many colors is coming as well. keep in mind this cable is only for newer Corsair PSUs and some newer from other manufacturers that use Type 4 (like XPG Reactor), Best to check with Corsair or Jonnyguru which ones, so u don't burn your PSUs xD

I think maybe the play is to use the adapter cable until the ATX 3 PSUs are all fully released and then switch. 

My only fear is I'm running a Seasonic gold 850w which is the bare minimum for a 4090. May have to reduce the power limit for a bit.

Isn't an an FE card supposed to come with a 12bhpwr adapter?

15 hours ago, TechTempest said:

I don't have to deal with adapter

There should be new cables available that plug directly into current PSUs, without having to use an adapter, and decent PSUs should most likely be fine. 

15 hours ago, TechTempest said:

and can use the built in data port.

The four small pins on the 12+4 pin are just shorted to ground to indicate that the PSU can deliver more than the base 150W. They are not transmitting data other than that. If you are referring to data ports going from the PSU to the motherboard for software control, those exist for current PSUs, and are not required for ATX 3.0 PSUs. 

Also be aware that a PSU claiming ATX 3.0 compatibility does not mean that it's actually fully compliant, especially when it's from a more sketchy company, like Seasonic or Gigabyte. 

The highest end Seasonic Prime TX-1600 is only compliant up to 1000W, and is only rated for 1280W output at 50C. 

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/seasonic-prime-tx-1600-power-supply-review

Gigabyte's UD-GM ships with the new 12+4 pin connector, but fails shuts down when loaded to the ATX 3.0 requirements. 

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gigabyte-ud1000gm-pg5-review-the-first-pcie-gen-5-compatible-psu

:)

19 hours ago, Eigenvektor said:

I wasn't really looking for snark. Just trying to group up places that are selling and potentially selling for people like me to find. Thanks for stopping by. 

Whatta late appearence in general though.

Will there be an introduction to PSU tier lists as soon as the PCIE 5.0 cards with 12+4 pin arrive?

I edit my posts more often than not

Seems more and more are popping up over time. If you find one that's actually for sale please post it and I'll add it to the list above.

Seems so soon for the ATX power supplies barely any available for the ones that are they haven't been extensively tested.  I picked one of the best 1000w power supplies I found.  I'll probably have to use an adapter for a bit but EVGA will likely offer a cable soon.  BTW I hear a lot of the first round on the new power supplies ignores the sense pin they are not fully compliant.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

On 9/29/2022 at 12:09 AM, ewitte said:

barely any available for the ones that are they haven't been extensively tested. 

So far only Silverstone Hela 850R and Corsair HXi 2022 series have been tested and passed Intel testing. Still waiting on different 3rd party (Aris).

Keep in mind this does not mean they will 100% work properly with 4090. Still need it to launch to see how exactly all the various ones behave xD

we can't even buy them in europe yet
I hope they get released before november 😢

The MPG A1000G PCIE5 says 3.0 compatible and MEG Ai1000P PCIE5 says it's 3.0 ready. Should the MPG be avoided?

@MysticLTTJust wait for 3rd party reviews from Aris (TomsHardware, TechPowerup, Cybenetics)

ATX 3.0 requirements are not relevant for GPU behaviour.

I'm waiting for the release of the MSI MEG Ai1300P, since Corsair messed up and updated their PSU without the new GPU connector.

35 minutes ago, HumdrumPenguin said:

I'm waiting for the release of the MSI MEG Ai1300P, since Corsair messed up and updated their PSU without the new GPU connector.

I would personally get the new Seasonic one coming out in December over the MSI one

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

1 hour ago, CHICKSLAYA said:

I would personally get the new Seasonic one coming out in December over the MSI one

That was my second option actually. The reason behind the MEG Ai13000P is that I'm updating my whole computer, and since today I got a 4090 SUPRIM X from MSI, I might as well splash dragons all over the other components. The MEG also comes out in October based on MSI's own twitter response to a user, which helps considering that my PSU, albeit high-end, has just enough juice for the 4090.

My MSI MPG A1000G PCIE 5.0 from Newegg has been shipped. I've seen reports that 4090 with the top CPU doesn't pull more than 596watt from the wall.

10 hours ago, HumdrumPenguin said:

Didnt Corsair intentionally not put 12VHPWR on their HXi(2022)?

10 hours ago, CHICKSLAYA said:

I would rather wait for the be quiet! Dark Power 13 if you don't like the MSI(which is essentially a HX1300i).

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

You could just buy a crimping tool and make your own adapter cables ... cheaper than buying a new power supply.  Or buy a ready made adapter cable.

The high power connector is 6 12v wires, 6 ground wires ... and the 4 small wires get connected to ground to signal the cable is good for up to 600w

The connector is half a dollar : https://www.digikey.de/en/products/detail/amphenol-cs-fci/10161719-124GLF/15789337

The pins are around 10-20 cents each in low volume

the bigger thicker ones :  https://www.digikey.de/en/products/detail/amphenol-icc-fci/10132447-121PLF/7590955

the small ones : https://www.digikey.de/en/products/detail/amphenol-icc-fci/10161952-1210LF/15789385

SO you could easily get a a couple ready made  pci-e 8 pin female - pci-e  male extension , cut the pci-e male connector and crimp the pins to where the male connectors were.

Example of such extension is $10 : https://www.amazon.com/CableMod-ModFlex-8-pin-Extension-White/dp/B077QR27ZC/