This PC took 600 HOURS to Build! (SPONSORED)

SeanLMG

Surprised by the lack of jigs or tooling to assist with the bending of tubing to be more precise.

Maybe a tour of a factory assembling hard lined watercooling could be a good video to see how the masters do it?

I LOVED this video and the outcome of that build. Im not even a cyberpunk guy in regards to the game or the style but that was a fantastic looking art piece in the end.

Okay, I need this but like a “parking structure” for hot wheels. Can anyone make one for a 4000d? 

I love this build. I hope it nakes it to ltx 2023. I'd easily pay $8k USD for it. Hope they do an online auction to go with it, as I can’t say for sure if I could attend, due to work.

Amazing looking case, I've not played cyberpunk myself but this looks slick.

love the build, its really impressive how it is done!

quick question tho, where can we find the wallpaper you see in the LTT video? kinda want to use it as wallpaper 🙂

tried finding it but couldnt. could be me tho lol

(this one)

image.png.01b12b18abc6c4fb54e5b9a648344596.png

36 minutes ago, sugargibbon374 said:

quick question tho, where can we find the wallpaper you see in the LTT video? kinda want to use it as wallpaper 🙂

(this one)

I believe it might just be this wallpaper except with distortions from colour correction, though I could be totally wrong. @AlexTheGreatish is the wallpaper in the finale the LTT Lan Cave Wallpaper or is it a new LTT wallpaper and if it is new could it be posted on the forums?

599 hours... linus dropping 1 hour of building....

wait....  for once. this was not the case....

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

Can't think of a more impressive "case mod" that I've seen. A work of art in every sense. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 hours ago, ToboRobot said:

Surprised by the lack of jigs or tooling to assist with the bending of tubing to be more precise.

they have the jigs just decided not use it,

my favorite line ever to describe the relationship between Linus and alex.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

It would have been amazing if the watercooling tubing could have been integrated into the building, but I imagine that would be really difficult.

I’m absolutely floored by the end result of this build. The attention to detail is just incredible! 

Freelance Photographer & Videographer// VR Enthusiast // Purple Reign  - 7700K @5Ghz, Asus Strix 1080Ti, Asus Strix 1070, Corsair Dominator Platinum LE (chrome) 32GB RAM, Corsair 450D, Corsair H115i AIO, Corsair AX860i, Corsair Maglev fans, Samsung 850 500GB SSD, Corsair Metallic Graphite cables, MNPCtech Aluminium cable combs.  

I hadn't seen any of Nerdforge's videos before so I wasn't sure what to expect, but this looked so much better than I could have imagined. They did an outstanding job on the case. B roll shots were great too. Easily one of the better collab videos.

Will recommend checking out Nerdforge's video building it as well, and there's even a small LTT easter egg that wasn't picked up in the LTT video.

Spoiler

image.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I really enjoyed the video, but that's because watching NerdForge has been a guilty pleasure.  She and her team puts out amazingly stunning videos.

I like the look of this, but I think her other PC case looked a whole lot better (but that is also because it hid all of the internal components).  It would have been amazing if they could have incorporated the water loop on the outside of the case somewhere, but I guess that would have made it into like a 700 hour build.

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I hadn't seen any of Nerdforge's videos before so I wasn't sure what to expect, but this looked so much better than I could have imagined. They did an outstanding job on the case. B roll shots were great too. Easily one of the better collab videos.

Honestly, it was stunning and people should watch the video of hers you posted...but this one is the one that made me think that LTT and her should originally do a collab like a year ago.  The thing I must say, she is wicked talented.  I could never build something like that even if I was given years to work on it.

Spoiler

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

Transcript of the essay, if anyone's interested (as seen at 23:18):

As much as I respect CD Projekt Red and their ambitions with Cyberpunk 2077 I dislike how the game has become the defacto standard for the Cyberpunk aesthetic. I'm sure this would be okay if the game wasn't a steaming pile of excrement on release, but unfortunately it was, forever tainting a very fun look by having Keanu Reeves T Pose when he should be delivering a heart felt speech. I also really hate how they killed of Jackie and Dexter waaaay too early in the game. Like oh fantastic storytelling, let met get attached to these characters over the first 4 hours of play and then just blap them both in a cutscene. I was SOOOOO excited to double cross Dexter and take over the mob or something, instead it's just like BOP he's gone, now suddenly your best friend is Keanu Reeves and you're supposed to like it because there was a 5 minute bit where you played as him and were super OP. Also he's in a band and we're supposed to be like "oh wow Keanu Reeves is in a band how we're besties" NOOO I'm friends with Jackie and we did the big come up together. Now that I mention that though, most of the rags to riches with Jackie also was in a cutscene, there are few things I hate more in a video game than when they take away control and just are like "here is a cool thing that is happening lol wouldn't that be fun to do? Too bad just watch it." Like the occasional cutscene works, but there is a reason people love Half Life 2 so much and I think a lot of that has to do with never leaving the first person perspective.

Anyway, back to the Cyberpunk aesthetic, I really wish that we could create art using neon, purple and rundown city without everyone thinking it is about the game. IT ISN'T. Sure not everyone is going to immediately think this build is about Cyberpunk 2077, like my nan definitely wouldn't think this is about the game but at the same time she never even played the Witcher 3. Actually I never played the Witcher 3 either, I found the controls kinda clunky and couldn't quite get immersed. Maybe the Nerdforge people played it though, I don't want to talk crap about the Witcher because lots of people I respect really liked it. Back to Cyberpunk 2077 tho, no one I know liked it at launch. Has it gotten better? Maybe, but at the same time I have like 200 other games in my Steam library I could be playing. Like Prey. Heard that is fantastic and it has a super cool futuristic aesthetic but no one thinks you're making a Prey PC every time something looks like the inside of a spaceship.

Hello, it's Nerdforge, and yes we did play the Witcher 3 and it has turned out to be Martina's favorite game of all time. I mean, sure, the controls might be a bit wonky, but once you get used to it and get immersed in the game it's absolutely incredible! Definitely recommend, 11/10.

But anyway, they should've just dropped the whole Cyberpunk 2077 thing and moved straight on to making the Witcher 4, would've been time way better spent and also it wouldn't have ruined an entire aesthetic and genre for everyone else. I mean did you really have to use the word "cyberpunk"??? There are so many words to choose from that wouldn't have such dire consequences. I mean just imagine a game called "Steampunk 2377" that flopped and now the whole thing is ruined, or if Van Gogh just called his paintings post-impressionism?? Now it's impossible to create anything with this aesthetic without someone being like "oh iT loOks likE thE gAme CybERpUnk iT sUcKEd lulLLLllzzZZ" ... THANKS A LOT CDPR. I love you though, I'm extremely excited for the Witcher 4. Just don't rename it "Fantasy 1272".

While I like the case, since it's on the typical high level of quality and detail Nerdforge are known for, I have to say that essay is cringeworthy. It comes off as written by someone (or in this case, multiple people) who hasn't heard of "cyberpunk" as a genre before the game was announced and in fact doesn't know that the reason they called it "Cyberpunk 2077" is because it's based on a tabletop RPG called "Cyberpunk" (often referred to as "Cyberpunk 2020"). If the video game has tainted your view of the genre or if you're afraid that it did so from the perspective of your audience, you clearly have no frame of reference of the genre, and I suggest you start off by watching Blade Runner and reading Neuromancer and its sequels and continue from there. 

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

3 hours ago, kleines Filmroellchen said:

Transcript of the essay, if anyone's interested (as seen at 23:18):

I would argue that Cyberpunk 2077 was not as bad on release as people act like it was (except on the legacy consoles it really shouldn't have been released on), I enjoyed my playthrough. 

That said, yes, it's extremely annoying that there is a whole cohort of people who have literally no awareness of or experience with the small-c cyberpunk genre and compare everything to 2077. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

23 hours ago, ToboRobot said:

Maybe a tour of a factory assembling hard lined watercooling could be a good video to see how the masters do it?

We have the jigs but in my experience the results turn out worse (i.e. a 90deg bend will become a bit less than 90deg after cooling).  If I was doing a production run tho I'd definitely use the router to create a jig like Bob and Rod.

21 hours ago, sugargibbon374 said:

(this one)

Tbh just googled LTT Background, here is a link

4 hours ago, Avocado Diaboli said:

While I like the case, since it's on the typical high level of quality and detail Nerdforge are known for, I have to say that essay is cringeworthy. It comes off as written by someone (or in this case, multiple people) who hasn't heard of "cyberpunk" as a genre before the game was announced and in fact doesn't know that the reason they called it "Cyberpunk 2077" is because it's based on a tabletop RPG called "Cyberpunk" (often referred to as "Cyberpunk 2020"). If the video game has tainted your view of the genre or if you're afraid that it did so from the perspective of your audience, you clearly have no frame of reference of the genre, and I suggest you start off by watching Blade Runner and reading Neuromancer and its sequels and continue from there. 

Lol the whole point of the essay is that every time Nerdforge do something "Cyberpunk" people get really mad in the comments thinking it is about the game and only the game.

next up a puzzle case, unlock the puzzle, unlock the insides.

To an game on case? like if using hotwheel cars that can physically move around the outside and inside of the case?

*creates a fan for the car to RGB racing inside the fan housing by 3D printing*

although cool art, but doesn't seem very PC case friendly? or takes away from the PC itself?

10 minutes ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

We have the jigs but in my experience the results turn out worse (i.e. a 90deg bend will become a bit less than 90deg after cooling).  If I was doing a production run tho I'd definitely use the router to create a jig like Bob and Rod.

Lol the whole point of the essay is that every time Nerdforge do something "Cyberpunk" people get really mad in the comments thinking it is about the game and only the game.

Ok, cool! Thanks for the update.

More people need to read William Gibson novels...

Just got around to watching this one, and I have to say the cinematography on the final reveal montage was outstanding.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Is it just me, or was there some...erm... tension between her and Alex during this?

Keep in mind that I am a socially inept weirdo who doesn't understand how human interaction works.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

Serious question, how would one go about getting in on bidding for this when it goes up for auction?  Is this only for people attending LTT 2023 to bid on?