Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

isn't it just a fan made mod? if so then it wouldn't be part of the actual story so he isn't missing out on anything story based

Yeah but it still helps fill in a gap in the story imo

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

It is but it is damn good and greenlit on steam so it has that going for it.

ok

Yeah but it still helps fill in a gap in the story imo

still its not an official story so it cant actually fill in the gaps unless valve says otherwise

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

ok

still its not an official story so it cant actually fill in the gaps unless valve says otherwise

Agree, fanfic is fanfic. Personally I have a dislike for story related fanfic, that's why keep my distance from such Content no matter how "good" it is.

It didn't look bad I wouldn't mind seeing how it goes when it isn't dodger playing as a pacifist.

damn it @helping I'm watching dodgers SATURDAY MORNING DOOGER vod and she isn't going to play fault milestone 2 :(

yeap, she said that at the end of FM1

i blame shit taste

hence why last time I cited "meanwhile Dandelion"

Amnesia is also stomach churningly bad

@CatCloud

Agree, fanfic is fanfic. Personally I have a dislike for story related fanfic, that's why keep my distance from such Content no matter how "good" it is.

wat

do you actually mean what you say or is that a convenient situational statement?

that basically violates a concrete principle of arts, including all forms of story

that sounds audaciously misguided to say you don't like fanfic simply because it's fanfic/non-cannon

ok

it doesn't have to be official to fill in gaps, if it completes a story it completes a story.

that's all there is to it.

nothing differentiates it if Valve says that's the end or someone else did.

the fact that Valve won't do anything else with it actually gives Mel more validity.

If the story is good, that's all that matters, because nothing changes the nature by who it comes from.

you play the game because it's a good story, you don't play it because Valve makes it. If the story is good then there's no problem if it's not Valve because it still fulfills the original purpose.

both of you guys are lurking near close to saying indie as a whole is invalid.

Error: 410

6ad82c07b0597c9c9cf0ccfa1e35bf7513209778

dirty job ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

but seriously i dont get how dressing up as an anime charactor and singing is a dirty job even if she hates anime, and for those unaware yes thats what she did and that anime is Oreimo

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

yeap, she said that at the end of FM1

i blame shit taste

hence why last time I cited "meanwhile Dandelion"

Amnesia is also stomach churningly bad

I thought she said before that she may not so I had hope :( but maybe i just remembered wrong

@helping too many advance words.

When I say I dont like fanfic story i mean that. Fanart and whatnot is not included unless it's one of those where the artist puts himself into it as Mc or someone important.

Another example: all those Dragonball and sonic characters makes me cringe.

I don't like fan made stories with made up BS and especially not the ones where the author is a character in said story.

The author might be one damn good writer... But I can't dig his content that is "his own story" of something.

I respect his skills but not his content I guess you could say.

And yeah.. Canon material is what I prefer because I want the true story, not someone else made up dream scenario.

it doesn't have to be official to fill in gaps, if it completes a story it completes a story.

that's all there is to it.

nothing differentiates it if Valve says that's the end or someone else did.

the fact that Valve won't do anything else with it actually gives Mel more validity.

If the story is good, that's all that matters, because nothing changes the nature by who it comes from.

you play the game because it's a good story, you don't play it because Valve makes it. If the story is good then there's no problem if it's not Valve because it still fulfills the original purpose.

both of you guys are lurking near close to saying indie as a whole is invalid.

i play any game that is good and i can get, but you cant just say a story made by a fan can fill in gaps because it was not made by the creators of the game unless they say otherwise, it may be good and may theoretically fill in gaps of the story but it doesn't because its fan made and will never actually be part of the story/fill in gaps unless the creators of the game says otherwise

Spoiler

@helping too many advance words.

When I say I dont like fanfic story i mean that. Fanart and whatnot is not included unless it's one of those where the artist puts himself into it as Mc or someone important.

Another example: all those Dragonball and sonic characters makes me cringe.

I don't like fan made stories with made up BS and especially not the ones where the author is a character in said story.

The author might be one damn good writer... But I can't dig his content that is "his own story" of something.

I respect his skills but not his content I guess you could say.

And yeah.. Canon material is what I prefer because I want the true story, not someone else made up dream scenario.

well that rules out most of the starwars books that are now no longer cannon

Canon material is what I prefer because I want the true story, not someone else made up dream scenario.

6v60OAx.png?1

I don't understand. They're all made up regardless. What's the difference? Who's to say the original author's story isn't already fanfic (this happens VERY often) since a vast magnitude of works are derivative and many classical texts (like maybe the bible) having been word of mouth first and then written down, essentially fanfic'd to hell.

you've lost me completely now that exclude fan art.

just to be clear if it sounds like it, i'm not trying to start an argument here.

genuinely doesn't make sense to me.

one of the best things about art and story is that the audience can become the artist

Of course, that doesn't excuse material that's objectively bad to everyone else. Maybe that's why you have an aversion? Though it contradicts you saying that even if it's good fanfic you won't like it, I get the feeling that the scope of the way you use the term "fanfic" is small and specific.

Otherwise what you're saying is foreign to the point of more or less being in orbit.

The way it is now, if you put two similar stories next to each other and I told you the original was the fanfic, you'd like the actual fanfic version more, wouldn't you?

i play any game that is good and i can get, but you cant just say a story made by a fan can fill in gaps because it was not made by the creators of the game unless they say otherwise, it may be good and may theoretically fill in gaps of the story but it doesn't because its fan made and will never actually be part of the story/fill in gaps unless the creators of the game says otherwise

@themaniac

dude, sit down and think about this

Does it matter who tells the story? the story matters, not who it comes from. Like I said you follow the story for the story, you don't follow the person that tells it. You play games and listen/read stories for entertainment, if the story is completed by someone else and it's entertaining and you enjoy it, then there isn't an issue.

what you guys are telling me is that you're judging something based off of authenticity and values that aren't intrinsic and are more or less imaginary. The Mona Lisa isn't any less visually impressive if it's a molecule to molecule cone of the original. There is a point where the "fake" fanfic can supercede the original.

It's an undeniable truth that someone could, in theory, repaint the Mona Lisa and do it in such a manner that more people find the "fanfic" more visually pleasing. If you refute that I can tell you with absolute certainty that you're wrong.

What you've said means that SO many amazing pieces of literature and stores are now illegitimate because the first person to think of it didn't give it an "ok"

it's just an expansion anyway, it adds, it doesn't change things.

I literally cannot even

if it's good, it's good. Enjoy it and don't force yourself to say you don't want it or don't like it because it doesn't have a picture of a guy with a nozzle on his head stamped to it.

Hell, typing this up, I vaguely remembered Nisemonogatari echoing a similar sentiment

This also means you both consider FMA unwatchable, because that's fanfic, along with COPIOUS amounts of anime.

Well, this looks interesting.

It does. But I think someone was saying it was pretty bad.

Can someone confirm?

@helping

On one hand its kinda like SAO 16.5. Original author writes it then realizes it is shit and calls it fan fic.

On the better hand it means that a story is actually fleshed out more and in the case of portal probably better because I legitimately don't think valve has the capability anymore to actually make another game with a good story.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

don't worry apparently its only in the intro... no one will even see that... lol

If that's the case I'd have never known that scene existed.

If that's the case I'd have never known that scene existed.

I tend to watch the intro the first episode and last episode and anytime I notice it change in between

It didn't look bad I wouldn't mind seeing how it goes when it isn't dodger playing as a pacifist.

when i finished pacifist i tried going to genocide. couldn't do it lol it was too depressing and lonely. 

it looks hilarious from what I've seen so far.

yeah it's pretty funny. 

I don't know why, but One Punch Man is super underwhelming to me.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

Hey

You there

Stop spreading your heresy

You want to see heresy?

Praise the Lord Almighty, Evangelion 3.33 finally has a US release date. Freaking finally. Can't wait to get it.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2015-10-10/funimation-evangelion-3.33-blu-ray-dvd-slated-for-february-2-2016/.94064

meh I don't really care for evangelion anyways

well that rules out most of the starwars books that are now no longer cannon

ill cover this in a sec....TL;DR only read 1-2 chapter/s, Magazine version, not the Book version. 

Well, this looks interesting.

aaah...Rokka, me And Bash have been ranting on this. TL;DR: Looks Great, Interesting characters, Had potential.
But in the end it felt rushed and some moments were really dragged out. Result: Sad face.

6v60OAx.png?1

Oblk5Nm.png
(i should just post this image and leave this discussion as is for lols ;D) 

Ok helping Slow down, you went AWOL there. 
Let´s rewind a bit and let me re explain things now that i am back in front of my Computer. 

First of..not going to talk about the Bible and whatnot...nope nope and nope.

I get the feeling that the scope of the way you use the term "fanfic" is small and specific.

Yes and no, the scope is only aimed against Anime and (story rich) Games (like Dark Cloud 2), i notice i didn't mention that so i do so now.
Literature ...i honestly don't even remember what is literature lol, that some fancy words i haven't heard since School almost a decade ago. I forget things easy.

Fan Art is, IMO. Just a restyling of something else, its still stays true to the original design in terms of details, Horo is still a brown wolf that likes Apples for example. 
Fanfic on the other hand, might keep design details the same but the story is where IMO the problem is.

When i say i don't like Fanfic even though its good i mean well written, like...hmmm stuff are explained well, like characters details, objects, places, The overall Details in the world. Them deep rich details Yo!
What part of this fanfic i dont like is the Story and how it plays out. 

For example: Let´s take Spice and wolf, we know Person A travels with Person B for reasons.
Fanfic edition; 

Version 1: Suddenly there is a Person C involved, came out of nowhere, Person A dies just for the sake of dying, Person C decides to stay with person B and stuff happens and then happy ending. (the original plot goal is gone in some cases)
Version 2: a different Person C shows up in the story, apparently Person B knows this Person C and adventure happens, then because poorly explained reason they love one another and stuff happens, Person A is left out so the author makes a Person D for whatever reason, apparently A and D knows one another some random events happen aaaand Happy/sad ending.
Version 3: Half the original story is changed into something completely different and has no connection to the Original at all, Original plot is gone and changed into something else.

Good details, shit story. I´ve read too many stuff like this in the past i could puke. And they are always so similar and poorly "story wise" written.

This is the type of fanfic i don't like. Fanfic flavored to the Authors personal liking and little regard to the original story.

subjective ofc, but thats how i find them at lest.

Yes, the original story can be shit as well, but then i just don't like the whole thing as is its and will just scoop it under the carpet and i could care less of the fanfic eitherway. 
sure, maybe someone put some pixie dust on there fanfic of said shitty story but i would never know of it as i have probably forgotten about the whole series.

Another thing, Original Author "accepted" Fan fic (FMA i guess? or Star wars as @Charger mentioned) is not automatically ignored, afterall i have to check it out before i can judge it, you could call this "official fanfic" in this case.

Fan made Fanfic, is the stuff i avoid, lets say FRED made his own version of an ending of Hyouka and it went super romancy...yeah not sure how i would feel about it.

A fanfic story that turns out better than the Original...well that subjective, just like my Dislike for Fanfic, i might hate something someone else might love.

@helping if you're still mindfucked lets just put it this way: i have read so many shitty Fanfics i have an allergy for them.

so that idea i had ages ago to illuminate the back compartment of my pc was genius  

P7Uhzu0.jpg

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky