what are your most played games? why? any regrets?

what games have you spend most of your time on? was it worth it? how so?

for me it would definitely be war Thunder, in 2 years i managed over 2,5k hours and counting, i play it nearly everyday with an active squadron and am still not finished with one of the 8 nations, it combines my love for aviation and military history with a fun and very realistic game *spits on world of tanks/warships/warplanes* 

tho ive spent countless hours and about 200 euros on it its my favourite game and has been since I started playing, defo no regrets

Left 4 Dead 2 -  got to the point where I decided to stop playing it for around 1 year when it was still popular because I kind of got addicted to it, played almost 8-12h each day until it got around 3k hours. Started playing it again for a few weeks but all the people I used to play against moved on to other games so it was no longer fun.

Fallout 3 ,  F3 New Vegas ... loved exploring, discovering new locations, stories, tried several times to play as a "bad" character" in New Vegas, to align with the legion, but couldn't do it, still going for good guy helping everyone.

Shame the technology wasn't there to make deeper stories with more game lore.

Fallout 4 is Ok, but it's more "linear", not so much consequences to what you're doing, choices have less meaning...

Half-Life series ... played it several times, Half-Life 1 was one of the first games I played on the first computer I ever owed.

Transport Tycoon Deluxe / Open TTD ... used to play A LOT in single player / random scenario, alternating with my brother, building train tracks and airports etc etc.

I also remember playing a lot of Dungeon Siege (the first games), the latest one sucks, totally different art and gameplay. 

Im a mobile so ive only played mobile games but im most addicted to mc bedrock, basically just go on cubecraft for a few hours and completely decimate everyone

Mobile is crippled compared to pc but just using a key mapper for semi togglesprint (sometimes it just cuts out and doesnt sprint) and a high fov and i completely obliterate most mobiles and consoles, even the pc players have a hard time, unless its a sprint jumping pc player that is good at combos i can pretty much obliterate them cause i can aim everywhere but pcs and consoles can only aim with the crosshair

if you have seen me on cubecraft in ctf, battle arena (1v1 or 2v2), or skywars (ign dremurrboi) then yea no sht why mojang crippled mobile controls, if mobiles had togglesprint then theyd annihilate everyone

I think at most i do a 6hr session but i dont really play that many games anymore cause i have better things to do like f ing around with computers, i still play mc once in awhile tho

Only other games that i mostly play are rally fury and street racing

rally fury cause i like smashing s class cars with a b class (around 3hrs max a session)

street racing because i actually race and decimate everyone in a rather insconspicuos 240sx that doesnt even shoot flames and also because i find some random car meet and ram everyone and just piss the whole room off and make everyone freak out xD (around 3-4 hours max a session)

Edit: forgot about another game that i play frequently, russian car rider, basically just play the bomb minigame for awhile and also troll ppl by having the car horn always on w an input bug and esp the guy with the bomb, ill just follow em around honking my horn and keep teasing the sht out of the poor dude with the bomb (~3hrs max a session)

Valorant

lts fun, I have friends that play it. It hasn’t gotten old for me like fortnite did (only after like 600hr but I’m not going to talk about that)

halo mcc

it has halo games, I like halo games

halo 5

i really love the combat here, story is meh, but it plays a lot. People find this to be a controversial game but I like it.

Doom Eternal

this game plays like a dream. It is smooth, the  music is amazing, and the fast pace combat doesn’t get old. I’ve played through the campaign like 7 times. Horse rush is cool to, played that a couple

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

would chess count?

ive played a lot of chess over the last few years, (mostly last year tho, when there was a crazy hype over chess cause of that Netflix show, i didnt start playing because of it) anyways, no i dont regret it, i would have probably watched anime instead.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

Apart from MMORPGs my most played games ever are 7 Days to Die (Steam) and probably Diablo 3. 7 Days is one of my favorite games, and I used to administer a server on it, and as far as Diablo 3 goes I got pretty invested in it a few years back. Haven't played it since though.

Including games when I was a kid, probably Halo 3 and COD MW2 multiplayer. 

MAIN SYSTEM: Intel i9 10850K | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4-3600C16 | RTX 3070 FE | MSI Z490 Gaming Carbon WIFI | Corsair H100i Pro 240mm AIO | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSDs | EVGA SuperNova 850 P2 | Fractal Design Meshify C | Razer Cynosa V2 | Corsair Scimitar Elite | Gigabyte G27Q

Other Devices: iPhone 12 128GB | Nintendo Switch | Surface Pro 7+ (work device)

Current active gaming:

Azur Lane: Played daily since global launch (years). Good balance of progression and waifus. 

Blue Archive: Played daily since global launch (but it is only like 5 days). Looks interesting but remains to be seen how I go forward with this. Reminds me of priconne x girls frontline.

Genshin Impact: Started at launch and currently play daily, but did take a long break after launch period. It's grown up in a way even if the toxic parts of the fanbase haven't. Keep your focus and it remains a top tier game.

FFXIV: Waiting for the delayed Endwalker Expansion

No regrets on time spend on any of those. I do wonder what my progression might be like if I hadn't taken the break in Genshin.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

I took a look at my playtime in GOG Galaxy, since it can display all the other launchers' time as well, and picked out the games that had more than 20 hours of playtime.

757596881_games20hoursKopie.thumb.jpg.8d23ca5abd0494add5671f3e891f099c.jpg

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

859897315_Screenshot2021-11-12083016-Steammygamessorteddescendingplaytime.thumb.jpg.5b0c6faf282d2ee147f82844bebc8542.jpg

That's just on Steam (and only the first screenful of it, sorted by playtime in descending order) ... doesn't include the countless hours of games I played back in the 1990s (maybe as early as 1989) before I had steam, or the few games I've more recently played that aren't on Steam either.  (I don't, for the most part, have other launchers either.)  Nor does it include mobile (Android) or browser games.

BTW the 309 hours in 3DMark is in large part due to an issue my PC had last month for a couple weeks, where 3DMark hung and wouldn't shut down.  (It even resurrected itself after a reboot ... I forget now how I solved the issue but I think it may have involved some "drastic measures".)

Since everyone's posting Steam screenshots here's mine as well ... to be honest numbers are a bit low, because lots of these games I initially played pirated copies of them and then bought them on Steam when I got a paycheck and could afford to pay for them...

Surprising lots of puzzle quest... it's a connect 4 type of game...  and like I said, I was quite caught by the L4D2 for a while, to the point where it wasn't healthy.

image.png.2a8d9e038fd71cbeedc954503a7df8b7.png

image.png.6326857e77f692d71e3df245c0a4f626.png

image.png.be628880719742c6850fb21e6f9ffc7b.png

I've got 500+h in PUBG as the most hrs recorded, no regrets - cause fun time with friends.

Regrets - most mobile games, especially in the early days of iOS AppStore, including ports of Final Fantasy 1-4.

Resident Evil 5, beat the game ~50 times or so, also an ungodly amount of multi-player , for 2 years 5 hours/day , or more... 

Tekken 6, same story, probably beat it around 20 times, 10000 hours multi-player minimum...

Tekken Revolution,  10-20000 hours... 

Soulcalibur Lost Swords, ~4000 hours

Playstation Home,  50000 30000* hours? Probably more... i basically lived there! : p

And before you say anything,  keep in mind that was a time when free to play online games were actually fun, and didn't solely rely on "lootboxes" or didn't have them at all...

Especially PS home had tons of those kind of games , too many probably... several Japanese "samurai style " games, slot machines,  poker (in many versions/variants) old arcade machines with original games such as centipede etc, they even had stuff like Uncharted where you'd play with your own character instead of the original game's pre-made ones... red bull air race...  way too many to list! And about half of them were actually good lol.

That said i wasn't too much into that,  we made our own games most of the time...  😄

Also: Monster Hunter World,  around 7000 hours.

Spoiler

I realize this is hard to actually measure/calculate, especially Playstation home,  i would need to know how many years it was actually online, i think around 5...? So it definitely feels like 50000 hours, but it was probably less, since that's mathematical likely impossible - i do know my numbers aren't too far off though,  because some games like Tekken 6 actually had a playtime counter/ and i always had multiple accounts,  so I just had to add the times up... thats also how I could extrapolate the numbers for other games.

Lastly Steam counter isn't totally correct either,  as it doesn't count when you're offline (btw)

On 11/13/2021 at 1:10 AM, tkitch said:

All of you are absolute noobs!

image.thumb.png.d19fe8c157541d9d37329a87a38b0006.png

Hi! 👋

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Games I'm in the middle of:

on PC

FH 5

Outriders

Vampyr

Age of Empires 4

Death Stranding 

on PS5

Vigor

Ghost of Tsushima: Directors Cut

Miles Morales 

That lot keeps me fairly engaged, and I play Warzone a fair bit too.

the only game I fully beat was the half life 2 saga..but the most hours, thats easy crysis. over 14 years and I still love the game

10 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Hi! 👋

I've got some old games that also have stupid hours logged, but not tracked.

Starsiege Tribes 1&2, Starcraft 1, others....back in HS / College when I could actually play more!

19 hours ago, tkitch said:

I've got some old games that also have stupid hours logged, but not tracked.

I dont even wanna know how many hours I have in SFII/Turbo, we played that *all the time* when I was a kid...

(Sidenote: apparently Chun li and Blanka are "unfair" according to my friends... 👀 )

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 11/12/2021 at 7:10 PM, tkitch said:

All of you are absolute noobs!

No, I do not regret it.

My Fallout4 game is a bit silly.

It can only run smooth on a 5800x or a i9 10900k so far. 

It is a stuttering mess on a HDD. Not smooth on a SATA SSD but is fine on an M.2. It comes in at #2. 

Steamgames.thumb.png.9fd31900c935726341b8ab8ce6667e1f.png

I have most of the same mods on Fallout 4 VR now so I mainly play that. 

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

1 hour ago, jones177 said:

It is a stuttering mess on a HDD. Not smooth on a SATA SSD but is fine on an M.2. It comes in at #2. 

I played Skyrim VR on the PS4 a few years ago and it was kind of a cool experience, do you like it on PC? I am considering taking a break from multiplayer games and hitting up some good ol' immersive single player games like ES or FO series again. Oblivion and Skyrim both really did a lot for me and my love for game development. Love or hate them, they are staples for sure.

1 hour ago, jones177 said:

FO4 can run a kinda a potato at this point, unless you're stacking mods to hell and back....

Remember:  Fallout stops at 60fps.  Unless you mod it to go higher, which will (potentially) break the physics engine.  

Mine would be WoW from beginning nearly everyday yes no life to just before pandera loved it til i didnt 

47 minutes ago, OGKRG said:

I played Skyrim VR on the PS4 a few years ago and it was kind of a cool experience, do you like it on PC? I am considering taking a break from multiplayer games and hitting up some good ol' immersive single player games like ES or FO series again. Oblivion and Skyrim both really did a lot for me and my love for game development. Love or hate them, they are staples for sure.

I did not like the archery or the sword play but playing as a mage was great.

My main issue is getting it stable with mods since it seems more sensitive than SE.

17 minutes ago, tkitch said:

FO4 can run a kinda a potato at this point, unless you're stacking mods to hell and back....

With a 5800x and a 3080 ti it runs like a dream. 

17 minutes ago, tkitch said:

Remember:  Fallout stops at 60fps.  Unless you mod it to go higher, which will (potentially) break the physics engine.  

I run it at 120fps, 4k. 

What brakes is jump height and I fix that with a mod. 

I only started doing 120 since I got 30 series cards and so far it has worked out fine. 

I play a Minute Man game with the settlers killable so it is large forts with lots of guns.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

According to Steam I have 340 hours in Skyrim (single playthrough).

I've played Half Life 2 probably a dozen times.

Of course I've been gaming long before steam existed but I can't be bothered to remember that.

csgo wins at 3600+ hours since it came out. CS 1.6 and DoD were also very hard to put down in the early 2000s. Very much regret the excessive hours wasted on these games that should have been spent on studying and a good night's sleep, definitely a factor in my school and work failures. 

Played the death out of Half Life, Mass Effect, Stalker... Not as many hours spent compared to cs, nevertheless regret the excessive time spent in somebody else's virtual world.