Sony Says Stop Using Your VAIO Fit... like...NOW

GoodBytes

Sony is issuing an alert to all Sony VAIO Fit 11A model users, to stop using your tablet convertible ultrabook immediately. The reason is a design issue with the Panasonic batteries used inside the device, which could make the device overheat, and catch fire.

Sony_Vaio_Fit_2.jpg

The company said that it has 3 received reports of batteries which caused partial burn to the VAIO Fit 11A. The company has stop selling the mobile computer since the beginning of this month.

That is a big issue, which Sony needs to address. Sony has been in big financial difficulty in the recent years, causing them to sale building, including the company' headquarter, fire large amount of employee, among other cuts, including the selling of its PC division.

The company states that they are working on a program to repair or replace the systems affected, and expect to have information with people with VAIO Fit 11A in 2 weeks times on their website.
In the meantime, don't use the computer.

The good news for Sony, is that they are only 25 905 units that was purchased worldwide, 500 in total sold in the U.S. Therefore, despite its abysmal sales, doing the recall should not be too costly for the company.

Last similar incident, was back in 2010, where 535 000 VAIO laptops worldwide were recalled to a temperature-control system had a defect causing the system to overheat and distort the plastic body of the laptop.

Sony said in a statement Friday it was identifying the affected computers by serial number and developing a program to repair or replace them. It said the company would provide details on its home page within two weeks.

The company said it had sold a total of 25,905 units of the Vaio Fit 11A world-wide since it first went on sale in February. Of these, nearly 7,000 were sold in Asia-Pacific, excluding Japan and China. About 3,600 were sold in Japan, 2,000 in China, 7,000 in Europe, 5,600 in Latin America, and 500 in the U.S.

Source: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303603904579494772786758600
Image source: http://www.technfacts.com/2014/02/sony-launches-vaio-fit-11a-13a-15a-flip_10.html

That's priceless! ^_^

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

very sour indeed

(DONT DARE CHANGE THAT TITLE)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I really liked this convertible... ;_;

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I really dont understand how this stuff happens like how doesnt panasonic test there batteries and how doesnt sony test it in there laptop before they put them for sale im getting really sick of companies getting lazy and not testing there product before they release it its happened way to often lately and things like this isnt just the product not functioning as it should it could actually become fatal!!!!

wait wait, i thought vaio got discontinued.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

It got sold.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

It still gets sold in some parts...

The only beautiful convertible and it explodes :(

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I've seen this with dell but sony :'o

Terrorists are gonna buy these now.

uh oh looks like sony thought again.

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

since the begging of this month.

Might wanna fix that...

Also, Sony really is starting to go down the crapper. :(

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

How the mighty have fallen, just from their overall business. Sony stagnated and got lazy and now they get to enjoy what happens to companies that aren't MS, Apple or Google. Those guys have the capital to screw around, Sony doesn't. Yet they do business like they still have it.

Thanks! Fixed.

No problem. :)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

hmm... ok then everyone go to ebay and buy knockoff batteries then. problem solved.

xD jk thats probably just as dangerous

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

hmm... ok then everyone go to ebay and buy knockoff batteries then. problem solved.

xD jk thats probably just as dangerous

if not more so

Well, what about people who want to live on the edge, Sony? Maybe some of us like the thrill of using a device that might blow up in our face. Inconsiderate bastards.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I really dont understand how this stuff happens like how doesnt panasonic test there batteries and how doesnt sony test it in there laptop before they put them for sale im getting really sick of companies getting lazy and not testing there product before they release it its happened way to often lately and things like this isnt just the product not functioning as it should it could actually become fatal!!!!

Out of 25,000 3 have caught fire. . . The chances of you testing this out is minimal

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Does anyone think that Sonny will go bankrupt. Things are just getting worse and worse every time. Their TV and laptop division which used to be their biggest are know not making at a loss. And the playstation division is broke even for the PS3, not sure about the PS4.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I've never thought about it this way, but why isn't it the battery manufacturers that should pay the penalties, in this case Panasonic? 

Out of 25,000 3 have caught fire. . . The chances of you testing this out is minimal

So your saying if someone dies its ok because its so hard to find?

Does anyone think that Sonny will go bankrupt. Things are just getting worse and worse every time. Their TV and laptop division which used to be their biggest are know not making at a loss. And the playstation division is broke even for the PS3, not sure about the PS4.

No.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15