Pure sine wave UPS. Please help.

Mahbub

So i heard that UPS even if it says sine wave and when switched to battery can become stepped or something. https://www.apc.com/in/en/product/SRC1KUXI/apc-smartups-rc-1000va-230v-no-battery-4x-india-3pin-6a-outlets/

Can someone check this link and tell me if this UPS is pure sine wave even on batter or not.

I have a nr 1500g which isint sine wave and its causing shutdown even tho wattage is lot more. So i am planning to buy the one in the link. Kindly help if the linked ups is pure sine wave or not.

when APC says "sine wave" they mean sine wave. they have a bunch of marketing terms for when it's not a sine wave.

5 minutes ago, manikyath said:

when APC says "sine wave" they mean sine wave. they have a bunch of marketing terms for when it's not a sine wave.

okk, my pc has started shutting off, made a mistake by buying non pure sine wave

2 hours ago, Mahbub said:

I have a nr 1500g

No idea what that is.

1 hour ago, Mahbub said:

okk, my pc has started shutting off, made a mistake by buying non pure sine wave

Wow, you sure it's due to pure or non pure ?, so far even my 2 budget UPS can keep my PC up under load (3080 and 5900x), not even from APC.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

6 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

No idea what that is.

Wow, you sure it's due to pure or non pure ?, so far even my 2 budget UPS can keep my PC up under load (3080 and 5900x), not even from APC.

sorry i mean i have the apc br1500g pro ups, its good but non sine wave and out of 10 times I did plug pull test to simulate a power outage, 4 times its shutting off and restarting, I have 5600x and 3070ti, I am guessing that active pfc psu doesn't like non sine wave ups, because batteries are fine, wattage of is double of what ups gives...

1 minute ago, Mahbub said:

sorry i mean i have the apc br1500g pro ups, its good but non sine wave and out of 10 times I did plug pull test to simulate a power outage, 4 times its shutting off and restarting, I have 5600x and 3070ti, I am guessing that active pfc psu doesn't like non sine wave ups, because batteries are fine, wattage of is double of what ups gives...

Dunno.
My budget UPS are just :

https://macrotronics.net/upload/prolink-pro1201sfcu-pdf.pdf

and

https://www.cyberpower.com/ph/en/product/sku/ut2200e#specification

Not that I know much about UPSes, but at the price I bought them, I doubt their graphs are smooth.

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

4 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Dunno.
My budget UPS are just :

https://macrotronics.net/upload/prolink-pro1201sfcu-pdf.pdf

and

https://www.cyberpower.com/ph/en/product/sku/ut2200e#specification

Not that I know much about UPSes, but at the price I bought them, I doubt their graphs are smooth.

its not that it wont work, u can make it work but its risky, what psu do u have? some psu will accept a non sine wave current and work with it, in which case u will get away with it, but some psu are bitch mode type, they will shut off or at least not like something which isn't sine wave, mine is cooler master v750sfx and its like bitching cz my psu ain't pure sine wave, I can change psu and get away but its agamble.

2 minutes ago, Mahbub said:

its not that it wont work, u can make it work but its risky, what psu do u have? some psu will accept a non sine wave current and work with it, in which case u will get away with it, but some psu are bitch mode type, they will shut off or at least not like something which isn't sine wave, mine is cooler master v750sfx and its like bitching cz my psu ain't pure sine wave, I can change psu and get away but its agamble.

Previously SuperFlower Leadex II Gold 750w

Now Corsair HX1000 Platinum, ran it on single rail and multi-rail.

Refresh before you reply

3 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Previously SuperFlower Leadex II Gold 750w

Now Corsair HX1000 Platinum, ran it on single rail and multi-rail.

hm from this i guess we can conclude that corsair psu are more accepting to non sine wave dirty current, my coolermaster is sensitive af, snowflake, I can get a corsair psu but its risky, maybe even other corsair psu won't be as accepting, u r lucky its working, plus I guess u have a full sized atx psu, mine is sfx, which are even more sensitive to dirty power