Secret Lab - Silent changes to castor specs

Posted (edited)

Name of Brand:

Secret Lab

Description of your issue:

Covered back in the mega thread but was given the feedback that Secret Lab was not a current sponsor. Today I see a video and WAN show sponsored by Secret Lab 馃槥

Summary: Castors for the secret lab chair were silently updated in spec to not support XL chair, and weights 30kg less than originally stated.

Existing customers of castors were not informed of the changes and likely have lead some customers not to contact support.

Have you tried solving your issue through the brand's customer support channel? If so, what was the result?

It took a couple of weeks of going back and forth. Eventually they did:

1. Refund me for the castors,

2. Replacement of the wheel base

But they still do not acknowledge the position they put customers in and they were so happy to close my tickets multiple times...

What would an ideal resolution of your issue look like?

Acknowledgement of the specs changes via email to all customers who have bought castors.

Recall / refund to those who have been affected (looking online, there were people who were also affected by this, but likely didnt push support as much as I did / threaten with consumer guarantees which exist in Australia).

Edited by Fjjfjfj
Added extra to result of the support

dont even bother with secret lab support, they're the worst I've ever experienced in my entire life. I'm still convinced they are beaten or lashed if they give customers money back聽

Hey @Fjjfjfj,

Thank you very much for your post!聽

Firstly, I'm glad that even though it took a lot of back and forth with their support team, you got a refund and a replacement. I'm also happy that you voiced your concerns on our forums. It allows us to hold our partners accountable to their actions and see issues that otherwise would not be apparent to us.

When you had first posted in the previous open thread, we were either on pause with Secretlab or heading towards that direction. One of the stipulations to the resumption of our partnership was a stronger, renewed effort in customer service, and after speaking with them, their vision matched ours in terms of a customer first approach.

Let me reach out to them regarding the spec change in the castors, and see if they have taken action to be more transparent about future changes, as well as the addressing of that specific scenario.聽

As your concern and the resolution is communicated very clearly, I'll be locking this thread. However, I'll send you a DM when I hear back from Secretlab, just to update you, the affected party, as to what their response is.

Thank you again. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and does make a difference.