how?

GloriousGamer321
57 minutes ago, GloriousGamer321 said:

idk buying something that is overpriced? would you be happy

they will be over paying tho

what are they gonna do with them?

because they are desprite and impatient

Do you actually know what's going on in the market right now? Do you really think it's only gamers paying scalpers for graphics cards? The people happy to pay 2-3x msrp are the ones using the cards to make money off of them, the cards are paying for themselves, markup doesn't matter. Scraps are going to gamers who have the pocket book to pay scalpers instead of waiting and being lucky for a card they want in a store.

one got to wonder there got to be a flood of gpus at some point? witch in tern will make people not want to buy new? unless the new gpus are so good in value or they lock out serten games to need a serten gpu?

how are people making money mining with an rx470? thing is old...or 1060? are they mining other cons with it in hopes it gos mane stream?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

9 hours ago, GloriousGamer321 said:

ok you don't agree with me, what do you think we need to do to get cards back at msrp

Well, they are at MSRP. MSRP = Manufacturer Suggested  Retail Price. Meaning that retailers (who buy cards from importer or manufacturer) can decide price where they have some profit margins. Scalers are 3rd party sellers who can also add their own margin to price.

Both scalper and retail prices are controlled by free markets. So most effective way to get prices to drop is not buying stuff. Get masses to stop buying, leads to more products than buyers and eventually sellers start liquidation of their stock by lowering prices until they get buyers.

If you want something else than free markets, that's possible. Though because of historical reasons, not very desired. It's called "communism". Might want to look it up. We can't delve further that side of this discussion here.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

nVidia has no control over how retailers sell their gpus - even if they wanted to, they couldn't do anything about this.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

13 hours ago, GloriousGamer321 said:

ok you don't agree with me, what do you think we need to do to get cards back at msrp

Maybe "msrp" has been inflated for a long time in certain regions? Maybe you will not be able to buy electronics at dumping prices made by cheap labor anymore in the future? Maybe this is the standard going forward?

I'm not saying scalpers arent a problem,  but they are a symptom of much bigger underlying issues. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

30 minutes ago, GloriousGamer321 said:

if that is the only way... i will gladly do it

"The inherent virtue of communism is the equal distribution of misery"

Just now, IPD said:

"The inherent virtue of communism is the equal distribution of misery"

i will do what I must to get a gpu at  its intended price

7 hours ago, GloriousGamer321 said:

Not gonna derail further.  It will insure intended price.  It will not ease supply issues.  You need to study history.

8 hours ago, GloriousGamer321 said:

There is no "intended price."

Nothing that's sold is meant to be any particular price beside what market forces determine it is worth. Nothing has inherent retail value besides "what people are willing to pay." MSRP is just a figure that means "here's what we think we can get people to pay for this item based on market conditions at this particular moment in time that won't result in us or anybody in our supply chain losing money." Nothing more. If retailers marked it down to less than MSRP would you demand they stop discounting it and return to the "intended price"? No, of course not.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

26 minutes ago, Middcore said:

There is no "intended price."

Nothing that's sold is meant to be any particular price beside what market forces determine it is worth. Nothing has inherent retail value besides "what people are willing to pay." MSRP is just a figure that means "here's what we think we can get people to pay for this item based on market conditions at this particular moment in time that won't result in us or anybody in our supply chain losing money." Nothing more. If retailers marked it down to less than MSRP would you demand they stop discounting it and return to the "intended price"? No, of course not.

ok smart man

4 minutes ago, GloriousGamer321 said:

ok smart man

5qc696.jpg.da31a5d8123069a99901be0142bcc159.jpg

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

9 hours ago, GloriousGamer321 said:

if that is the only way... i will gladly do it

WOW... just wow... I feel really sad for the future of humanity now.

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

5 hours ago, Jtalk4456 said:

Don't be. They might mean that they will invent new material to replace silicon. And startup GPU manufacturing business capable of competing with AMD/Nvidia while still selling midrange GPUs for $300.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

People really think the shortage of CPUs/GPUs to the consumer is due to scalpers (or even miners)?

We've been in a pandemic since early 2020, people were forced to work from home (and some still are, at least partially), or if that wasn't possible, forced to kill time at home.

Lots of big corporations had to adapt fast, and LOT of them switched to cloud solutions. My company (one of the biggest IT service company in France) switch completely to Microsoft 365 instead of in-house solutions because it's a PITA to manage and resources hogs. My current client, Airbus, switch completely to Google Workspace for the same reason. We are using Teams (and Meet with the client), video-conferencing ALL THE TIME, that require LOT of resources in datacenters. You probably cannot fathom the extra load those datacenters had to absorb since 2020, they bought CPUs and GPUs by the tens of thousands directly from manufacturer, while we, the consumers, only got the leftovers.

Add to that the increase of usage in VOD services (Netflix, Disney, etc.), the fact that services like GeForce Now have more users than ever. People stuck at home use the cloud all day long!

Foundries produce more chips than ever before, we just don't see them much because professionals are buying the vast majority of them to keep all the online services working...

Any product that requires multiple factories/assembly points will add to the issue.  As someone on youtube was pointing out, if there's a 1% chance your factory will close on any day, and it's the only factory that is involved in your product, then your product has a 1% chance of hitting a snag.

But if there's like 30 factories involved in various steps of the process, and each of those has a 1% chance, then the chance of your product hitting a snag on any given day--is almost 1 in 3.

6 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Don't be. They might mean that they will invent new material to replace silicon. And startup GPU manufacturing business capable of competing with AMD/Nvidia while still selling midrange GPUs for $300.

using something thats not silicon would be stupid. 

edit: this is considering were working with only research we have and are not going to develop it.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

On 10/12/2021 at 4:24 PM, GloriousGamer321 said:

idk buying something that is overpriced? would you be happy

i "OverPayed" for my 6700XT i got i for 900$ usd (i got mine Brand new From New Egg ) the msrp is 479$ and im more then happy with my buy i use arch BTW and NVIDIA isnt the best on linux (very bad.) and im glad i could upgrade from my 2060 super with out paying an arm and an leg, its all about what your wiling to pay

see card here (the price went up but still good)
https://www.newegg.com/xfx-radeon-rx-6700-xt-rx-67xtytbdp/p/N82E16814150854?Description=6700xt&cm_re=6700xt-_-14-150-854-_-Product

KanyeWestLover911
Reminder

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

I Use Arch BTW

my PCs 

these are my Pcs 

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/mtj08/saved/

6 hours ago, POG Gamer said:

i "OverPayed" for my 6700XT i got i for 900$ usd (i got mine Brand new From New Egg ) the msrp is 479$ and im more then happy with my buy i use arch BTW and NVIDIA isnt the best on linux (very bad.) and im glad i could upgrade from my 2060 super with out paying an arm and an leg, its all about what your wiling to pay

see card here (the price went up but still good)
https://www.newegg.com/xfx-radeon-rx-6700-xt-rx-67xtytbdp/p/N82E16814150854?Description=6700xt&cm_re=6700xt-_-14-150-854-_-Product

that link, has a 6700xt which is triple the msrp

9 hours ago, ZeblodS said:

People really think the shortage of CPUs/GPUs to the consumer is due to scalpers (or even miners)?

We've been in a pandemic since early 2020, people were forced to work from home (and some still are, at least partially), or if that wasn't possible, forced to kill time at home.

Lots of big corporations had to adapt fast, and LOT of them switched to cloud solutions. My company (one of the biggest IT service company in France) switch completely to Microsoft 365 instead of in-house solutions because it's a PITA to manage and resources hogs. My current client, Airbus, switch completely to Google Workspace for the same reason. We are using Teams (and Meet with the client), video-conferencing ALL THE TIME, that require LOT of resources in datacenters. You probably cannot fathom the extra load those datacenters had to absorb since 2020, they bought CPUs and GPUs by the tens of thousands directly from manufacturer, while we, the consumers, only got the leftovers.

Add to that the increase of usage in VOD services (Netflix, Disney, etc.), the fact that services like GeForce Now have more users than ever. People stuck at home use the cloud all day long!

Foundries produce more chips than ever before, we just don't see them much because professionals are buying the vast majority of them to keep all the online services working...

did i say that?

its not just because of them, but they are also contributing to the problem

18 hours ago, Jtalk4456 said:

its called a joke, have you ever heard of that?

18 hours ago, Middcore said:

5qc696.jpg.da31a5d8123069a99901be0142bcc159.jpg

you don't want me to call you smart?

15 hours ago, IPD said:

Not gonna derail further.  It will insure intended price.  It will not ease supply issues.  You need to study history.

i have and i don't want to get in to this conversation

15 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

New material to replace silicon, great. Adopting communism to get a gpu cheaper still makes me sad for humanity though

6 hours ago, GloriousGamer321 said:

its called a joke, have you ever heard of that?

I'd love to believe you meant it completely in a joking manner, but that wasn't the only comment you made that showed you cared far more about the price of your gpu than anything else and you were willing to "do what I must" for that goal. You might have been joking for the most part about the communism, but your other comments seem to suggest you weren't fully joking and think there would be some worthwhile benefit. I hope I am wrong about that, but that's what your comments sounded like

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

Nvidia and AMD have no worries, they will sell everything they make. Why would they care honestly? It's a business

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

7 hours ago, GloriousGamer321 said:

that link, has a 6700xt which is triple the msrp

Your point? , its still a good card and i enjoy it, and the it went up because i got one of the last ones(see photo)

The Better ArcoLinux_2021-10-14_17-55-34.png

KanyeWestLover911
Reminder

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

I Use Arch BTW

my PCs 

these are my Pcs 

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/mtj08/saved/

5 minutes ago, POG Gamer said:

Your point? , its still a good card and i enjoy it, and the it went up because i got one of the last ones(see photo)

The Better ArcoLinux_2021-10-14_17-55-34.png

Was the PSU bundled with the card? I wouldn't pay that much for a 6700XT but its hard to find a gpu that isn't from a scalper.