whats a country you always wanted to go to?

adarw
1 minute ago, Benji said:

That would most likely be something I'd avoid there, lol. I know, it's rare that somebody is interested in culture anymore, but anime is not the only thing that exists in Japan. And certainly not the most interesting.

yea lol, me too, i would be more interested in the food. but going to japan isnt that high on my list, it seems depressing.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

22 minutes ago, adarw said:

japan and no anime? 

Yeah, anime not my thing. I will now run for cover...

Germany. I would like to go once during Wacken Open Air and another during October fest and go see the country.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

51 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

Japan. The food, the car culture, the video gaming culture, the chance to eat bear meat.

Mmmm. Tokyo Drift. Japan would also be on my list but I am afraid I would be too tempted to be purchasing something from the car auctions and ship it over to Canada.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

I have three places I still want to visit.  Antarctica...I'd like to see Shackleton's camp.  Sweden to go see the old Saab factory.  Australia to play with all the things that can kill you.

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

gap of dunloe ireland

Spoiler

image.jpeg.f1a919333b49d0b9ea8f4474e9194f8c.jpeg

Sheep Grazing in the Gap of Dunloe Mountain Valley, Ring of Kerry, Ireland  Stock Photo - Image of killarney, landscape: 141699064

Gap of Dunloe - Wikipedia

Winter in the Gap of Dunloe, near Killarney; County Kerry, Ireland - Stock  Photo - Dissolve

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

Germany. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Canada if places that I've been to already count as well, otherwise Japan.

Though mostly out of pure curiosity, I have to admin that I have my doubts if I'd enjoy it too much (Japan, not Canada, that I know I'll enjoy). There's a huge language barrier and Tokyo just seems to be way too crowded for me to enjoy. And with the aforementioned language barrier I think visiting the more remote and interesting places in Japan will get progressively more complicated.

For somewhat more specific places Hawaii, New Zealand and some of the Tropical Islands have a spot on my bucket list as well, but not sure if I'll ever make it there...

23 hours ago, Mel0nMan said:

It's not terrible, the worst thing in China is the 600kbps down, 300 up WiFi - I assume it has to do partly with the government's filters and stuff and partly with there being so much interference from so many radio signals of the same frequency. The air quality isn't great either but you don't immediately die. 

The air (at least in Beijing) has gotten epically better in the past few years. 

21 hours ago, Benji said:

That would most likely be something I'd avoid there, lol. I know, it's rare that somebody is interested in culture anymore, but anime is not the only thing that exists in Japan. And certainly not the most interesting.

Tbh I think Japan is overrated, especially how backwards thinking they are, you could argue some of it is culture and tradition but most of it is outright racism

I would to visit some pacific island nations with lots of sunshine and shiny waters. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested in Iceland, Ireland, Britain. Could find neat things to do in any European country. Want to visit Amsterdam for the Van Gogh museum there.

5600x/RTX 4080

“1. Never tell everything at once.” - Ken Venturi's Two Great Rules of Life

At this point in time Im hoping to at least make it to Canada. I live 28 miles from Detroit, the border is like right there. Still haven't gone. Partly because we used to be able to cross the border with our birth certificate as proof, but some a hole messed that up. I dont have a passport and didnt feel like going thru all the shit to get one. But I did end up getting an enhanced license, so now I can at least go to Canada. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

3 hours ago, Donut417 said:

At this point in time Im hoping to at least make it to Canada. I live 28 miles from Detroit, the border is like right there. Still haven't gone. Partly because we used to be able to cross the border with our birth certificate as proof, but some a hole messed that up. I dont have a passport and didnt feel like going thru all the shit to get one. But I did end up getting an enhanced license, so now I can at least go to Canada. 

tbh your not going to find anything so different in toronto and ottawa but they are less noisey. Something that was interesting when i went to Michigan was that theres a lot of black people than in toronto or ottawa for example, which makes sense since Michigan was the place they all went back to after the civil war. 

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

Eesti!

That's Estonia, seems like a nice smol country with history that many people don't seem to know exists.

Japan, mostly cos of the food and traditional culture (not too into anime to be honest).

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, Finland, Sweden, Ireland, Chile well you get the point i could do this all day.