Why The US Law Is Retarded

Snapy1

You had to have done something to piss him off somehow. You also had other options and you did dare him to punch you again. You could have rightfully left the fight.

IMHO, you both deserved the punishment. But what kind of school in the US FINES a minor for fighting on school property lol? Never heard that one before.

Fines again? LOL..

Either OP is lying or the school has some tight connections to the police department, because regularly the police department would laugh in the school's face if they were asked to get involved in something like this.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Thats why I am planning to change the world. This is way out of hand, right. Its time for WWIII. Ok I am bored...

Odd... Here in Scotland nothing like that would happen it would just be a case of shake hands and forget about it unless you severely injured the other person.

Yeah I agree on this, I've seen kids at school hitting each other with belts and sticks etc but nothing more than a forced apology, maybe a referral or detention at the most unless they were injured pretty bad.  

The fact is you fought him and went down to his level making you a animal rather than a evolved human

Either OP is lying or the school has some tight connections to the police department, because regularly the police department would laugh in the school's face if they were asked to get involved in something like this.

I'm thinking the op did worse than he is saying

I told him do it again and ill set you straight

That's where you went wrong. Just leave it and walk away, it's not like he was mugging you. People don't seem to know the meaning of self defence.

All you ended up doing was provoking him.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

that's not self defense, you told him to do it again - basically picking the fight as much as him. And this just shows the problem with our mentality about the self defense laws.

imo you shouldn't have been fined (at my school there was knife fight and the guys were only suspended). however you definitely deserved a punishment.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

yea a bunch of bs, like I said, HAIL SCOTLAND!!!

HAIL SCOTLAND!!! You have been instated as an honorary Scotsman. Take your Uniform.

http://gyazo.com/4e3835c727da39402e2ee8f0f79f3dec

Case: Corsair 460X RGB bby, CPU: I5 8600K, Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH, RAM: 8GB Hyper X 2400MHz , Graphics Card: GTX1060 6GB, PSU: Corsair RM750x,

Cooler: BEQuiet!  Pure Rock Slim SSD: Kingston 240GB, HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

It doesn't sound too stupid, other than you getting fined even though no-one got any serious injuries and that happened in school. However you provoked him to fight, so your punishment is rightful to be as much as his.

And you think US laws are stupid? Here, for example if you get robbed, you can't defend yourself because if you even for example hit the robber, you'll get a longer jail sentence than the robber.

Something like this (what happened to OP) happened to me as well: I was 14 too at the time and in school, one guy (1 year younger than me) started randomly strangling me from my sweatshirt's hood, I punched him in the face (and his glasses broke because of that), I got a 60€ fine (and my behavioral grade (or whatever you call it) dropped by one grade) and he got that 60€ for new glasses. In this case it doesn't sound that stupid, but in some cases our laws can make these situations sound ridiculous.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

well considering now spanking your kid is considered physical abuse and can get you imprisoned, I'm not surprised.

That's because it is physical abuse.

Anyway OP, you're in a prison for children. Fight in the yard and expect a response.

Complain about it to the school and then to the police.

Compatible with Windows 95

i hit a guy in the jaw the other day, nothing happend. worst part, i screwed up my hand doing it and it hurts

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Okay so I got in a fight today at school, in gym class specifically, this kid (same age as me, 14) hit me in the gut and I told him do it again and ill set you straight, he did it again so I knocked his ass on the ground, we both got sent to the office and they called the police they came we both got fined allot of money. 

Its kinda of bs considering he hit me first and I hit him in self defense and I still got fined for it. 

Its not like I gave him a broken in nose or anything I just hit him in the gut and pushed him on the ground.  

according to the constitution this would be covered under the fighting words clause within the first amendment. basically, if someone attacks your person you are legally obliged to defend yourself as necessary, don't pay the fine. what are they going to do, imprison you? if that happens your father can contact the media and cause a shit storm. don't pay.

Complain about it to the school and then to the police.

not to the school, go to the school board, but beforehand, write down a well written documentation of what happened, and gather signatures on the documentation, teachers and adults will look better. go to the high school, with a written slip from your father requesting in writing the reason for the fine, once you have obtained the reason from them, take both documents to the school board with your father (and for god sakes make an appointment). explain to them how it is unjust that you are being punished for defending yourself and why you will not pay the fine. if they are deaf ears then just don't pay it and let the media handle it.

That's because it is physical abuse.

Anyway OP, you're in a prison for children. Fight in the yard and expect a response.

it's not physical abuse anymore than slapping someone in the face is.

Spanking is not the same as punching and does absolutely NO physical damage. Again, not any different than slapping someone (except spanking is even less problematic because it doesn't leave red marks on your face)

I'm not one to advocate punching your kid, but once in a while a good spanking is necessary to teach your kid some manners. 

according to the constitution this would be covered under the fighting words clause within the first amendment. basically, if someone attacks your person you are legally obliged to defend yourself as necessary, don't pay the fine. what are they going to do, imprison you? if that happens your father can contact the media and cause a shit storm. don't pay.

again, you assume the op is perfectly in the right. The kid certainly didn't punch him for no reason and the op is only telling his side of the story. 

Besides, it's not defense since the op was asking for it. He dared the other guy to punch him again. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

that's not self defense, you told him to do it again - basically picking the fight as much as him. And this just shows the problem with our mentality about the self defense laws.

imo you shouldn't have been fined (at my school there was knife fight and the guys were only suspended). however you definitely deserved a punishment

I said it as a warning.

What the actual fuck. 2 teens that hit each other a few times get the cops called on them? Bullshit, also, defending yourself also shouldn't be punished. Glad I dont live in the States.

it's not physical abuse anymore than slapping someone in the face is.

Spanking is not the same as punching and does absolutely NO physical damage. Again, not any different than slapping someone (except spanking is even less problematic because it doesn't leave red marks on your face)

I'm not one to advocate punching your kid, but once in a while a good spanking is necessary to teach your kid some manners. 

again, you assume the op is perfectly in the right. The kid certainly didn't punch him for no reason and the op is only telling his side of the story. 

Besides, it's not defense since the op was asking for it. He dared the other guy to punch him again. 

Slapping someone in the face is physical abuse as well. Regardless of the "physical damage" done, spanking is an abuse that ends up being both physical and mental on the child. It doesn't teach manners, it conditions through violence. Violence is not how problems are solved or people are taught. Perhaps this could be another topic, though.

You see one day, Lady Liberty and Uncle Sam with their baby US were strolling in the park. US slipped from Lady Libery's arms, dropped to the ground and it landed on its head.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Depending on state, you can shoot someone trying to break into your house in this country and get sued..by the filthy crook..and actually lose. GG America.

Remember kids, always shoot to kill. Doesn't matter if your life is threatened, you'll face a lolsuit.

Back to OPs topic, I think it's utterly pathetic we even need cops at SCHOOLs to begin with.

I'm thinking the op did worse than he is saying

No shit:P

I said it as a warning.

That doesn't matter.

"I told him do it again and ill set you straight, he did it again so I knocked his ass on the ground"

This was where you lost any self defence argument. He hit you first, and was a dick first, but you didn't exactly deescalate the situation. The fines are BS but the 1 week suspension is fine.

You could have ignored him, pointed out what happened to a teacher and watched his ass get suspended.

But that being said, I find the fact that you have cops at school and fines to be utterly insane.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Depending on state, you can shoot someone trying to break into your house in this country and get sued..by the filthy crook..and actually lose. GG America.

Remember kids, always shoot to kill. Doesn't matter if your life is threatened, you'll face a lolsuit.

Back to OPs topic, I think it's utterly pathetic we even need cops at SCHOOLs to begin with.

Yep in PA you can shoot someone on site if their on your property. 

Yep in PA you can shoot someone on site if their on your property. 

There is a difference between shooting on site vs shooting someone physically forcing themselves into your home in the middle of the night, though. Laws are dumb in the country since if you shoot someone in the leg as to not kill them if they were being a threat, you get in trouble and the thug can sue you. That's messed up. it's like you're required to kill.

becuase you give a bunch of people who never had a real job and tell them to manage all this and they get this power ego and dont know how to handle power and you also have parents are either give a rats rear about their kid and ones that dont, we get a society that would rather throw their hands up in the air, tell the government to handle it, aka cops. back in my day, if you got in trouble at school, the principle had a wooden paddle. this wooden paddle had holes in it so the user could get more velocity into the paddle. I am happy to say I was never paddled.

I did get in trouble in highschool and had a dispute between me and another kid. we both ended up in the principle office but my principle is nice and he had us work things out. we didnt even get a slap on the wrist. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Kids in my class I peer tech for got in a fight. Instead of sending then down and getting suspended, my engineering teacher (who is very scary when he yells) just yelled at them for a few minutes in front of everyone and then made them hug :P

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/