Why The US Law Is Retarded

Snapy1

Okay so I got in a fight today at school, in gym class specifically, this kid (same age as me, 14) hit me in the gut and I told him do it again and ill set you straight, he did it again so I knocked his ass on the ground, we both got sent to the office and they called the police they came we both got fined allot of money. 

Its kinda of bs considering he hit me first and I hit him in self defense and I still got fined for it. 

Its not like I gave him a broken in nose or anything I just hit him in the gut and pushed him on the ground.  

Odd... Here in Scotland nothing like that would happen it would just be a case of shake hands and forget about it unless you severely injured the other person.

Case: Corsair 460X RGB bby, CPU: I5 8600K, Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH, RAM: 8GB Hyper X 2400MHz , Graphics Card: GTX1060 6GB, PSU: Corsair RM750x,

Cooler: BEQuiet!  Pure Rock Slim SSD: Kingston 240GB, HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

i do not think you should have gotten suspended for a week that is a bit excessive, but since you did it in self defense you really should not have gotten that kind of punishment at most maybe 1-2 days of suspension

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Meh, imo you hit harder which means you wanted to prove a point and come out as victor. But the fines were extremely stupid too...because seriously wtf. You're only 14.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Penal Code:

PC  415.5, 00415.005

(a) Any person who (1) unlawfully fights within any building or upon the grounds of any school, community college, university, or state university or challenges another person within any building or upon the grounds to fight, or (2) maliciously and willfully disturbs another person within any of these buildings or upon the grounds by loud and unreasonable noise, or (3) uses offensive words within any of these buildings or upon the grounds which are inherently likely to provoke an immediate violent reaction is guilty of a misdemeanor or punishable by a fine not exceeding four hundred dollars ($400) or by imprisonment in the county jail for a period of not more than 90 days, or both.

(b) If the defendant has been previously convicted once of violation of this section or of any offense defined in Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 626) of Title 15 of Part 1, The defendant shall be sentenced to imprisonment in the county jail for a period of not less than 10 days or more than six months, or by both that imprisonment and a fine of not exceeding one thousand dollars ($1,000), and shall not be released on probation, parole, or .any other basis until not less than 10 days of imprisonment has been served.

© If the defendant has been previously convicted two or more times of a violation of this section or of any offense defined in Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 626) of Title 15 of Part 1, the defendant shall be sentenced to imprisonment in the county jail for a period of not less than 90 days or more than six months, or by both that imprisonment and a fine of not exceeding one thousand dollars ($1,000), and shall not be released on probation, parole, or any other basis until not less than 90 days of imprisonment has been served.

(d) For the purpose of determining the penalty to be imposed pursuant to this section, the court may consider a written report from the Department of Justice containing information from its records showing prior convictions; and the communication is prima facie evidence of such convictions, if the defendant admits them, regardless of whether or not the complaint commencing the proceedings has alleged prior convictions.

(e) As used in this section "state university," "university," "community college," and "school" have the same meaning as these terms are given in Section 626.

(f) This section shall not apply to any person who is a registered student of the school, or to any person who is engaged in any otherwise lawful employee concerted activity.

(Amended by Stats. 1988, Ch. 1113, Sec. 3.)

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

Schools suspend kids for the same amount of time when they do shit like that because parents act like more of children than the fucking kids in trouble and throw a fit like "WHY DIDN'T THAT STUPID BOY GET THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME?!?!?".

Getting fined though is fucking ridiculous and if it is seriously a decent amount of money then do not pay it and tell them to fuck off.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Zero tolerance policy at schools at it's finest guys. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

Here you can't even hurt someone who's in your house threatening you with a gun.You'd get in jail for that.Really,it's even worse. D:

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

It really depends on the School, every one has its own rules and if it says you can't fight at school, then don't do it, also why did you punch him back, i would just leave him if he is the one who started it.

Also why did you get fined, i have never heard of it.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Odd... Here in Scotland nothing like that would happen it would just be a case of shake hands and forget about it unless you severely injured the other person.

That's what happens in this pc bullshit lawyer country. Unless the fight actually resulted in injuries (broken ribs or something) I don't see why this couldn't just be dealt with by the school themselves. 

I got into fights a couple times as well and back then they would never call the police. Worst that could happen is you get yelled at by the director and you have to apologize for the trouble you have caused. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

This is USDA Certified, Grade A, Cage Free, Organic, Sustainably Farmed bullshit.

You were just going about minding your own business and he started the physical part. You were just defending yourself, which is a natural instinct since we were cavemen. You should have received an apology letter from the kid and they should have put the kid on the telephone with your parents and have the child apologize to your parent. You should not have received so much as one minute of suspension. The child who provoked you should have.

Tough luck, man. :(

It really depends on the School, every one has its own rules and if it says you can't fight at school, then don't do it, also why did you punch him back, i would just leave him if he is the one who started it.

Also why did you get fined, i have never heard of it.

to me it sounds like the op is only telling his side of the story.

I'm sure they're both equally responsible.

some random kid doesn't just "hit you in the gut" for no reason. 

Think about that. 

Penal Code:

PC  415.5, 00415.005

(a) Any person who (1) unlawfully fights within any building or upon the grounds of any school, community college, university, or state university or challenges another person within any building or upon the grounds to fight, or (2) maliciously and willfully disturbs another person within any of these buildings or upon the grounds by loud and unreasonable noise, or (3) uses offensive words within any of these buildings or upon the grounds which are inherently likely to provoke an immediate violent reaction is guilty of a misdemeanor or punishable by a fine not exceeding four hundred dollars ($400) or by imprisonment in the county jail for a period of not more than 90 days, or both.

( B) If the defendant has been previously convicted once of violation of this section or of any offense defined in Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 626) of Title 15 of Part 1, The defendant shall be sentenced to imprisonment in the county jail for a period of not less than 10 days or more than six months, or by both that imprisonment and a fine of not exceeding one thousand dollars ($1,000), and shall not be released on probation, parole, or .any other basis until not less than 10 days of imprisonment has been served.

© If the defendant has been previously convicted two or more times of a violation of this section or of any offense defined in Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 626) of Title 15 of Part 1, the defendant shall be sentenced to imprisonment in the county jail for a period of not less than 90 days or more than six months, or by both that imprisonment and a fine of not exceeding one thousand dollars ($1,000), and shall not be released on probation, parole, or any other basis until not less than 90 days of imprisonment has been served.

(d) For the purpose of determining the penalty to be imposed pursuant to this section, the court may consider a written report from the Department of Justice containing information from its records showing prior convictions; and the communication is prima facie evidence of such convictions, if the defendant admits them, regardless of whether or not the complaint commencing the proceedings has alleged prior convictions.

(e) As used in this section "state university," "university," "community college," and "school" have the same meaning as these terms are given in Section 626.

(f) This section shall not apply to any person who is a registered student of the school, or to any person who is engaged in any otherwise lawful employee concerted activity.

(Amended by Stats. 1988, Ch. 1113, Sec. 3.)

I'm confused though?

According to this since they're both registered students of the school nothing should have happened.

But he says he got a fine, meaning the police actually felt something wrong happened.

I'd go to court for this fine, seems unlawful.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

oh Scotland the real mans country, I wish America were more like you...I'm way older than op, I a actually have a kid lol but looking at it as a parent school should be more like this...kids are gonna be kids and kids fight, they should teach them to solve their problems afterwards instead of teaching them to resort to legal matters

I'm confused though?

According to this since they're both registered students of the school nothing should have happened.

But he says he got a fine, meaning the police actually felt something wrong happened.

I'd go to court for this fine, seems unlawful.

Precisely my point in providing the actual penal code. Now this can change from state to state - this is the federal penal code.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

oh Scotland the real mans country, I wish America were more like you...I'm way older than op, I a actually have a kid lol but looking at it as a parent school should be more like this...kids are gonna be kids and kids fight, they should teach them to solve their problems afterwards instead of teaching them to resort to legal matters

well considering now spanking your kid is considered physical abuse and can get you imprisoned, I'm not surprised.

well considering now spanking your kid is considered physical abuse and can get you imprisoned, I'm not surprised.

yea a bunch of bs, like I said, HAIL SCOTLAND!!!

okay , ya'll want to hear a really funny story, my friends ryan and cody were messing around in the halls one day at their lockers and they were kind of like play hitting each other, like tapping each other, but ryan accidentally hit him in the mouth and chipped codys tooth, they called the cops and they both agree'd it was an accident and apologized to each other other and Ryan got arrested and Cody got a fine. 

Think about that. 

I don't care if he had a reason for punching him or not, a fine is highly excessive as punishment for a juvenile for a school fight that resulted in no serious injuries.

Precisely my point in providing the actual penal code. Now this can change from state to state - this is the federal penal code.

Glad you did, I don't know maybe I'm missing something but I've never heard of anyone being fined as a juvenile for an innocent playground brawl.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

okay , ya'll want to hear a really funny story, my friends ryan and cody were messing around in the halls one day at their lockers and they were kind of like play hitting each other, like tapping each other, but ryan accidentally hit him in the mouth and chipped codys tooth, they called the cops and they both agree'd it was an accident and apologized to each other other and Ryan got arrested and Cody got a fine. 

I couldn't stop laughing after reading that.

Linus Sebastian said:

Think about that. 

I got hit randomly in the guts and other body parts a good amount off times before I smacked his face into a wall. I was being bullied by him for like 5+ years and the school was aware of it. He did stop to physically hit me, I did had to stay late on wednesdays for 8 weeks and he had to stay late 16 weeks. 

He just did it because he knew I wouldn't do anything back. I warned him multiple times and the teachers saw it a couple of times and he got a detention a few times. He just did not care about it. 

No fines ever happened tho. Police was never involved.  

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

They involved the police? o.0 That's pretty stupid for something that can and should be dealt with by the school.