Getting sick of your s**t, LTT Forum.

SpaghettiCarbonara

So this is going to be a bit of a rant. If you're one of those people that rush to reply to something with a one line reply, move on.

When I first joined this forum, I joined with the impression that it was a place full of smart people who knew what they were talking about and took the time to explain stuff and help guys like me (complete noobs) out. That's exactly what I got. The first few topics I posted had some really good replies IIRC, I was really impressed with this forum and I was recommending it to anyone with computer-related problems, after trying to help them out myself, of course.

However, over time, I noticed more and more people were not reading what I had said and really seemed like they were just rushing to get an answer in. I started seeing responses that didn't make sense, responses that weren't even relevant to what I had asked and really short, one line replies.

For example, here's my first post and here's my most recent post.

As you can see on my first post, the very first reply was not something I would consider "half-assed". It was a simple question, so it's a simple answer. The amount of effort that guy went to to actually answer my question is a lot more than he could have. He could have just said "No." or something similar, but he went and got a picture to illustrate his point.

My most recent post, however, is not like that at all. It's a question that required in-depth answers and I didn't get that. I got off-topic answers, short answers and just general comments. I got one good, detailed reply and a reply with a lot of effort put into it, but it was off-topic.

Now you could argue that those are two very different questions and I agree. One is a simple question, the other is a more complicated and specific one. It's about the level of effort that goes into the responses compared to the nature of the question for me.

I'll admit that my posts are bad examples but I used them because I could easily find them as opposed to random bits and pieces of bad responses all over the forum.

It's getting really bad guys, I see this all over the place and waaay too much. If you can't be bothered reading the post, don't respond to it.

Edit for clarification:

Because people obviously didn't read what I was saying, I'm complaining about people rushing to answer something just to get their post count up without even reading OP's post or giving much thought to it.

I know my examples are bad, I used them because they were easy to get to. I know full-well that most of the responses in my posts were good.

Thank you to the people that took the time to read this and understand what I'm saying. You don't know how much better you make my experience on this forum (a lot better).

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

Well there's a report button for 1 reason.

Emmh... Maybe consider killing yourself before you talk to me?

Pople on this forum though some of them had a brain, turns out, no.

Sorry to see you go, and sorry for posting a one word response, I thought it was clear that the standoffs would prevent it.

Also as for the most recent post, personal taste is something hard to explain.

cheap lancashire kitchens

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I'm sorry that you failed to see the clear answers given to you in both of your examples. Not everyone is going to be able to help you always and not everyone is willing to give a whole bunch of time to give a step by step methodical answer. I think your being too picky. If you dont like our answers, then dont come back. Try to find some place else that is as good a community as us and that respond as fast as we do. If you do leave, dont come back. We dont need people that arent appreciative of help when they get it.

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

Not every question requires an essay length response.

People on this forum enjoy helping others, but they also have lives. Not everyone has the knowledge or the time to research answers for your questions and post little pictures to make it look pretty. They throw in their two cents on the topic and there is nothing wrong with that.

New PC Build - Build Log - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/276039-project-swift-force/

[spoiler=]

• Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
  • CPU: Intel i7-4790K
  • GPU1: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • GPU2: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red, 16gb (2x8GB) @1600mhz
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W 80+ Gold
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB 7200RPM
  • SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 250GB
  • Monitor: Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 144hz G-Sync
  • Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 600 OHM
  • DAC/AMP: Mayflower Objective2 + ODAC Combo
  • Mouse: ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical
  • Keyboard: KBP V60 - Cherry MX Brown

We should have @LinusTech chime see if he replies with one sentence or an essay.

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

For example, here's my first post and here's my most recent post.

As you can see on my first post, the very first reply was not something I would consider "half-assed". It was a simple question, so it's a simple answer. The amount of effort that guy went to to actually answer my question is a lot more than he could have. He could have just said "No." or something similar, but he went and got a picture to illustrate his point.

My most recent post, however, is not like that at all. It's a question that required in-depth answers and I didn't get that. I got off-topic answers, short answers and just general comments. I got one good, detailed reply and a reply with a lot of effort put into it, but it was off-topic.

Now you could argue that those are two very different questions and I agree. One is a simple question, the other is a more complicated and specific one. It's about the level of effort that goes into the responses compared to the nature of the question for me.

I'll admit that my posts are bad examples but I used them because I could easily find them as opposed to random bits and pieces of bad responses all over the forum.

It's getting really bad guys, I see this all over the place and waaay too much. If you can't be bothered reading the post, don't respond to it.

sorry but a case is a case. To it's core, it's just an enclosure with a button to turn your computer on. 

There just isn't too much to it. You can look at the specs as far as the size, the amount of hard drives you can put in and the form factor and appearance, but apart from that there isn't too much to say about one. 

For cases it's mostly about the form factor and size and the appearance as well as how much you trust the manufacturer. You can't really write a whole huge essay comparing similar cases. Most of the stuff that's different is already on the spec sheets of each respective manufacturer (hard drive bays, dimensions, weight, radiator support etc.. )

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

We should have @LinusTech chime see if he replies with one sentence or an essay.

That's different. We all know that he has little time for personally answering questions and threads. It makes perfect sense that he gives short posts unless it's his own thread.

I hate it when people post responses under 10 words. Or ones that include an image macro or meme.

Dont post if you cant be bothered writing something worth reading.

You. You get me. :)

I personally am fine with an image macro/meme or under 10 words, as long as it is topical and humorous. I mean really, for that one thing, I find it acceptable. Beyond that, no.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I can sometimes relate to silly replies some individuals may make in regards to some topics. However looking at some of the replies from the topics pointed out they seem to be pretty much on the ball. Sometimes a quick answer, however many sentences it takes is all that is required.

Core - EVGA Classified 3 | i7 980x | 12GB Corsair Dominator GT | Lian Li P80 | Corsair 128 Neutron GTX | 2 x WD 500gb Velociraptor | Asus Xonar Xense | 2 x EVGA 590 | Enermax Platimax 1500

Water Cooling - Alphacool NexXxos 360 Monsta | TFC 360 | Alphacool D5 Vario | Alphacool 250 Tube res | EK Supreme HF Nickle Plexi | 2 x EK Nickle Plexi 590 WB | Aquaero 5 XT

22545-iTAmcGIF-D3Mb.gif

yeah, Im not going to read all that. too long mate. maybe shorten it up a lot. 

also, WHO ARE YOU? I havent seen you around. and Ive been around a while.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

To make this simple, its because some people are more worried about how many post they can immaculate in the shortest amount of time instead of actually helping people "like the LTT forum should be"  I see when an OP ask a simple question and 30 people will repeat the correct answer after it has been answered already. Like some have said though in this thread, it is the internet. I have to say though the LTT community is far better then any other Tech forum I have seen and I have been to alot of them.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I hate it when people post responses under 10 words. Or ones that include an image macro or meme.

Dont post if you cant be bothered writing something worth reading.

W3hhgIb.gif

A picture is worth a thousand words, no? 

Hate to say it but that's the very reason I gave up on neowin along with the blithering idiots who would reply with images after someone posted a good few paragraphs.

Well, this is the internet after all, buddy. You gotta learn to deal with

some of the shit people do here. Now, I'm gonna go a bit @alpenwasser

on this one, and format it so it's a tad bit easier to read, since I'm nice.

Anyway, you have to remember, unless you pull a Nazi and just go

ballistic trying to form people into what you think are perfect internet

peeps, chances are, some things might happen that you don't want

to. And you just have to suck it up and deal with it, since nobody on

the internet is perfect.

/rant

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I see NO difference between the first thread and the last thread. In fact, the first thread has some shorter responses than the last one. I feel you're whining and complaining when someone doesn't bend over for you and take the time out of THEIR day to be generous to you and explain something. Your last thread's topic was comparing two similar cases. Pick one for Christ's sake! They both seem to be excellent cases spec wise and appearance wise. It's personal preference. That's like asking someone if they prefer Chicago-Style pizza or New-York style pizza. If one swears by it, it may not be the right choice for you!

If you're expecting an essay-length response to every thread you post, you have a seriously mistaken idea of what tech forums should be. Hell, I have two threads that NO ONE has answered. It sucks, but I don't complain.

I'm not trying to say there aren't people here who should probably just keep their hands off the damn keyboard instead of typing nonsense, because there are plenty. You have to deal with this within such a large community.

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

You asked what case lol case is personal preference maybe if u were comparing a low quality case and a high quality case there would be more to say but fractal and corsair comes down to personal preference the 350d would be better for watercooling slightly but the rest is up to you.