What did Steve Jobs do at Apple?

TheWall

I'm wondering what Steve Jobs actually did at apple, as far as i know he didn't know how to code and he didn't build the computers, so what did he really do?

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

I'm wondering what Steve Jobs actually did at apple, as far as i know he didn't know how to code and he didn't build the computers, so what did he really do?

I would recommend that you see the movie about him. It explains a lot..

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

He was their Magical source of inspiration. BTW most CEOs don't do jack shit either. 

Steve Jobs was a visionary, that was very good at seeing unused markets and then make products to those markets. While he might not have invented much, he knew how to put existing things together and make new products. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Took drugs and came up with some ideas

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Created the apple fanboys 

He was a CEO. He did CEO things. That's pretty much the extent of what anyone can tell you.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

TBH Steve Wozniak was the true genius behind apple, Steve Jobs was just the figure head.

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V

He took drugs and told people to buy their shit very convincingly. I don't believe he knew what he was talking about!

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

Well he started Apple with Steve Wozniak, When they made the original Apple computer (The first one) and they where part of the Homebrew Computer Club, Wozniak wanted to share the blueprints and the OS but Jobs wanted to bring it on the market. He also could build computers, he designed one himself called "Elizabeth" i think. (I don't know anymore it was a girls name) but it totaly failed and had waay to much chips and wasn't a succes at all.. Let's just say Wozniak was the genius and Jobs was the maketing guy.

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Steve Jobs was a visionary, that was very good at seeing unused markets and then make products to those markets. While he might not have invented much, he knew how to put existing things together and make new products. 

Yep. This pretty much says it all. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

Steve Wozniak said that it was highly inaccurate so I wouldn't really trust it that much. 

Oh no no no, not that horrible load of Ashton Kutcher shit. Maybe watch Pirates of Silicon Valley or read Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

He gave ideas (or stole them according to many people) and was good at marketing.

He was part of the Homebrew Computer Club and they shared ideas and such and he did indeed stole ideas from them.

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

If you really want to know a lot about the early days of Apple and Jobs, i would reccomend reading the Steve Jobs Biografie by Walter Isaacson

Drugs kids, he did drugs. Claimed to of invented everything, he even invented the internet according to some fanbois on macrumors. He then died of cancer at a young age, real sad n **** but hey it happened. 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I would recommend that you see the movie about him. It explains a lot..

Steve Wozniak said that it was highly inaccurate so I wouldn't really trust it that much. 

The movie you want to see is 'Pirates of Silicon Valley'. That is the more accurate film (not perfect) and I think Woz agreed with that (but don't quote me).

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

If you really want to know a lot about the early days of Apple and Jobs, i would reccomend reading the Steve Jobs Biografie by Walter Isaacson

This^ i've read it 3 times personally, I have a first print run of the book I bought on day 1 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

He was a CEO and did CEO things. And he got kicked out of his own company once.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Oh no no no, not that horrible load of Ashton Kutcher shit. Maybe watch Pirates of Silicon Valley or read Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson.

The only reason I didn't comment on it is because I hadn't seen it. I wouldn't be able to, either; the horse is too high. Only significant thing I know of concerning that movie is that Ashton Kutcher got hospitalized for doing a fruitarian diet. Only hospitalized...

He was basically the Thomas Edison of the 20th century

So he was a patent troll that stole credit for other peoples' work, profited from it, and got put in the history books. Gotcha.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

The only reason I didn't comment on it is because I hadn't seen it. I wouldn't be able to, either; the horse is too high. Only significant thing I know of concerning that movie is that Ashton Kutcher got hospitalized for doing a fruitarian diet. Only hospitalized...

So he was a patent troll that stole credit for other peoples' work, profited from it, and got put in the history books. Gotcha.

Word on the street is that Sorkin and Bale are teaming up to do a proper Steve Jobs movie, one that follows more closely with the biography of Jobs than the stylized nonsense of the Kutcher film.

But yes, he was pretty damn aggressive in how he took what he wanted to make things happen, the irony is that he couldn't stand it when Google played him at his own game with Android and won.

He was an overrated thief who basically stole ideas and got famous because there are way too many tech illiterate people in this world who could not see through his bulls**t.

In my country a famous university organized an international science fare and Steve jobs was placed in the same category with Albert Einstein, Nicolas Tesla, Issac newton and Stephen hawkin .That totally pissed me off i knew this international science exhibition was organised by bloody morons with apple laptops and i was correct and it was less about science and more about advertising. Bloody apple fanboys are Ruining international science exhibition.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).