What did Steve Jobs do at Apple?

TheWall

Steve Jobs did a lot of work. He could code. He could design. He could build computers. But he was a business man- a really good one at that. He just paid other people to do stuff for him because it made him more money. That's kinda how it works.

Steve Jobs was a visionary, and there's no other better way to say it; he envisioned how people would use computers and he made that happen. I can't stand it when people say he stole ideas, the bigotry is beyond belief. Like every other company in the world, he picked up ideas and put them together. Without him the markets me see today wouldn't exist. He pioneered the GUI. No he didn't invent it no, however he made it happen. He didn't invent the touchscreen or the smartphone, but he invented the touchscreen smartphone with the help of his team. The work he has done for the computing word is astounding. Whether you agree or not, which I hope most of you do agree, it's the truth

He was an overrated thief who basically stole ideas and got famous because there are way too many tech illiterate people in this world who could not see through his bulls**t.
In my country a famous university organized an international science fare and Steve jobs was placed in the same category with Albert Einstein, Nicolas Tesla, Issac newton and Stephen hawkin .That totally pissed me off i knew this international science exhibition was organised by bloody morons with apple laptops and i was correct and it was less about science and more about advertising. Bloody apple fanboys are Ruining international science exhibition.

Get out.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M

Read his biography. It's quite thick and tells you quite a lot. Not an apple fan but still a nice read

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

The only reason I didn't comment on it is because I hadn't seen it. I wouldn't be able to, either; the horse is too high. Only significant thing I know of concerning that movie is that Ashton Kutcher got hospitalized for doing a fruitarian diet. Only hospitalized...

So he was a patent troll that stole credit for other peoples' work, profited from it, and got put in the history books. Gotcha.

Funny you say that, I did mean it like that. 

The Apple hate flows strongly through the butthurt nerds in this thread. The pure jealousy is lulsy. QQ moar :D!

Steve Jobs was a visionary, that was very good at seeing unused markets and then make products to those markets. While he might not have invented much, he knew how to put existing things together and make new products. 

Not really.  The only "unused" market he took advantage of is the iTunes offering and working with the iPod.  Outside of that pretty much everything apple has done has just been yuppy styling on existing products.  The iPhone was a good leap in usability but it was certainly not an unused market.  The smartphone market was rapidly growing already before Apple jumped in with the iPhone.  

I would recommend that you see the movie about him. It explains a lot..

This is probably the worst movie I have seen in about 10 years. And I watch a lot of trash.

It ends at 1999. WTF?

Even Woz said half the stuff in the movie never happened.

Reas "Jobs" by Walter Isaacson. Awesome book and you'll know how it worked ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...