Gqgwgqgqgq
12 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Geesh, yet another wall of text.

and a boring story too

I don't see an issue with this. I also don't believe you, as a front line employee, have anywhere near the insight into the company you believe you do.

Even if they were to hold them for that program, it's their decision. They paid for the inventory, they're free to do with it as they wish.

If they're withholding "thousands of dollars of GPUs"....that's what. Maybe 6?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

16 minutes ago, ImNotKorean said:

I'm not sure how to word this as I've never done anything like this before but here goes. I am unfortunately an employee at a Canada Computers (CC) and lets just say I am beyond fed up with this company. When the new GPU's first launched we where able to place backorders for any of the cards. Now things have changed and we are no longer able to place an order for anything. At first retail staff thought it was just because we didn't want to sit on a lot of money while we waited for the cards to come in. In actuality our head office wanted to stop back orders so they could sit on top of a stockpile of them and introduce a new money grab custom build program. This new program is aimed at anyone wanting to build a new PC through our company and no one else. Basically if you want us to build you a new PC, you just give us a part list plus the GPU you want and we build it for you. This sounds amazing! Until you realize how we get the GPUs and where they build them. Firstly the GPUs are hoarded from our normal inventory and ever since this program started a lot of stores are no longer getting shipments of 30 series. Meaning that anyone wanting to buy a GPU to throw in their build and more importantly the people waiting patiently for their backordered card have become an afterthought. CC is sitting on thousands of dollars in unfulfilled GPU backorders that they CAN fulfill, I cant stress how fed up staff has become trying to explain why someone who dropped a thousand dollars on a 3080 strix haven't gotten their card yet. All this to push labor dollars into head office and away from its stores. Worryingly our own in house prebuilds are manufactured with haste and I'm seriously scared for anyone who decides to build "custom" with our head office. I'm writing this as sort of an outlet but also a PSA to anyone who has ordered a card or is wondering why we never have stock. WE HAVE STOCK, its just not at the stores where it should be.

Canada Computers Is Withholding GPUs : bapccanada (reddit.com)

*i work for a company that want to sell prebuilt pc's while holding on giving gpu's to customers that have a old preorder and i'm sad*

I tried the read the wall of text, and what I got from it was the retailer has backorders from customers, but the retailer also builds custom PC's, so they'd rather hold a stock of GPU's for the custom built pc's instead.

I think it kinda sucks they don't want to fulfill the orders people submitted, but I can't blame the retailer for wanting to put the GPU's into custom built PC's instead, that way they can profit more to get customers buying a whole gaming PC.

2 hours ago, ImNotKorean said:

I'm not sure how to word this as I've never done anything like this before but here goes. I am unfortunately an employee at a Canada Computers (CC) and lets just say I am beyond fed up with this company. When the new GPU's first launched we where able to place backorders for any of the cards. Now things have changed and we are no longer able to place an order for anything. At first retail staff thought it was just because we didn't want to sit on a lot of money while we waited for the cards to come in. In actuality our head office wanted to stop back orders so they could sit on top of a stockpile of them and introduce a new money grab custom build program. This new program is aimed at anyone wanting to build a new PC through our company and no one else. Basically if you want us to build you a new PC, you just give us a part list plus the GPU you want and we build it for you. This sounds amazing! Until you realize how we get the GPUs and where they build them. Firstly the GPUs are hoarded from our normal inventory and ever since this program started a lot of stores are no longer getting shipments of 30 series. Meaning that anyone wanting to buy a GPU to throw in their build and more importantly the people waiting patiently for their backordered card have become an afterthought. CC is sitting on thousands of dollars in unfulfilled GPU backorders that they CAN fulfill, I cant stress how fed up staff has become trying to explain why someone who dropped a thousand dollars on a 3080 strix haven't gotten their card yet. All this to push labor dollars into head office and away from its stores. Worryingly our own in house prebuilds are manufactured with haste and I'm seriously scared for anyone who decides to build "custom" with our head office. I'm writing this as sort of an outlet but also a PSA to anyone who has ordered a card or is wondering why we never have stock. WE HAVE STOCK, its just not at the stores where it should be.

Canada Computers Is Withholding GPUs : bapccanada (reddit.com)

Guess you should have stuck with Reddit.

Who would have thought that Reddit would be more polite and receptive than LTT?

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

4 minutes ago, wONKEyeYEs said:

Guess you should have stuck with Reddit.

Who would have thought that Reddit would me more polite and receptive than LTT?

I wonder if people are getting tired of these threads?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Besides the points everyone else brought up...Probably not a good idea to be talking about your employer on a public forum since people have been shit canned and sued for a lot less. 

Edit: Not saying what they're doing is right or anything like that but you're on a slippery slope with this one.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

Surprised at the indifference here, this company has agreed to provide a product and the fact they can are choosing not to so they can profiteer while screwing the original customer is pretty crappy behaviour. I'm not sure that would be legal where I live but I'm sure they would find a way to wriggle out of it but still terrible practice. 

45 minutes ago, Ar558a said:

Surprised at the indifference here, this company has agreed to provide a product and the fact they can are choosing not to so they can profiteer while screwing the original customer is pretty crappy behaviour. I'm not sure that would be legal where I live but I'm sure they would find a way to wriggle out of it but still terrible practice. 

depends on the terms of the preorder and a lot of other things.  

Memory Express is currently doing something similar. They will full fill backorders  but any "extra cards" they get will not be sold to customers a la carte, only used in complete builds from their store. They will not sell any over the counter. Its unfortunate but within their right as a retailer

21 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

Memory Express is currently doing something similar. They will full fill backorders  but any "extra cards" they get will not be sold to customers a la carte, only used in complete builds from their store. They will not sell any over the counter. Its unfortunate but within their right as a retailer

I don't think its really comparable. They stopped taking preorders a long while ago but I don't think they're hoarding a bunch of stock waiting for bundles. I would imagine their back order list is still lengthy so there's really no sense on trying to back order any more cards. They also haven't taken money from anyone on those back order lists.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

Not really surprised.

It's also one way to prevent scalpers from getting the cards while providing new systems to people who need one.

At least they are not withholding them to sell at massively inflated pricing.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

43 minutes ago, trag1c said:

I don't think its really comparable. They stopped taking preorders a long while ago but I don't think they're hoarding a bunch of stock waiting for bundles. I would imagine their back order list is still lengthy so there's really no sense on trying to back order any more cards. They also haven't taken money from anyone on those back order lists.

Yea I think OP should have explained it better. Canada Computers took full deposits for backorder. Instead of filling those backorders they are holding them for high margin systems. So CC is holding a ton of money from customers with zero intention of ever giving them the product.

2 minutes ago, KingslayerNana said:

So CC is holding a ton of money from customers with zero intention of ever giving them the product.

That's fraud...

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

2 hours ago, Ar558a said:

Surprised at the indifference here

Why? What do you expect anyone here to do? It's not like anyone here can do jack shit about some Canadian business. Or do you just want this to be yet-another fucking echo chamber? If so, well, too fucking bad, because at least I'm not into echo chambers. Besides which, this stuff is happening everywhere, so this ain't news or noteworthy, either.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

4 hours ago, dizmo said:

I don't see an issue with this. I also don't believe you, as a front line employee, have anywhere near the insight into the company you believe you do.

Even if they were to hold them for that program, it's their decision. They paid for the inventory, they're free to do with it as they wish.

If they're withholding "thousands of dollars of GPUs"....that's what. Maybe 6?

Thats not the problem. The problem is a lot of those cards have backorders for them with FULL deposits

It's more likely that these are designated OEM cards that do not come in standard retail packaging.

Remember when the 30 series launched and newegg shipped out a bunch of OEM cards and they got damaged in shipping?

8 hours ago, ImNotKorean said:

..We have stock..

I dont disagree with them sitting on stock to fulfill more profitable business...

Capitalism.. its how we ride.. :')

but i do disagree with them taking my sons $1500 dollars up front, 60+ days ago, while doing said sitting.  

He's a real gamer, who's been saving his Mcd's pay cheques to buy and assemble his own killer machine direct from c.c.

He's the exact person who C.C. supposedly wants to try to put the cards into the hands of...

They actually called and tried to cancel the order due to stock and time delays but my son said he'd wait.

And it doesnt surprise me if its true, as  C.C. head office hasn't had any real drive to maintain customer loyalty for years (i've been buying from them 25-30 years)

Its a shame on current C.C. head office culture as there are some good people working in the trenches

If you have proof, go to your local consumer protection agency. They have more power than random people on random forums. This is, if you are one of those who have been billed for pre-order. If you haven't been billed, you have little to no leg in this race. You have place on queue essentially, the company has no legal obligation to fulfill your order. They probably will just cancel it instead.

And if you are just outsider, then whats your issue? Company exercising capitalism essentially? Join the club. And the dozens of threads posted complaining about it since last year.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

People who give deposits for a card and those buying complete systems should be put in the same queue. It would also be more transparent if they used a system where you could check your position in the waiting list.

If they want to prioritize full builds, then don't take deposits for single cards.

And people putting down 1500$ deposits should invest that money instead. By the time there's stock, you'll be able to afford a better card! 😄

Any Canadians that has dealt with Canada Computers and has had to order stuff knows they're very bad at fulfilling orders when they actually have stock, now imagine when there's a shortage (last one I did in store took almost 2 months to get, even though the warehouse HQ had stock and a few other shops in my area received stuck of the part I ordered).

Accusing them of fraud is a stretch, they have a PC build program, so of course they'll keep GPUs so that those PC can be built, if they didn't and sent all the GPUs they received to stores and the online warehouse, then they would have a dead PC building system because of no GPUs available.

Also, I'm on a Discord with an inventory bot and CC retail stores are still getting GPUs, between 2 to 10 show up everyday.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

13 hours ago, comander said:

tldr: there's a world wide shortage and the company is selling the product as part of a bundle. 

* while also not fullfilling backorders

you forgot to add

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux