Gqgwgqgqgq
2 hours ago, TheDuke77 said:

im afraid to post and have my post removed again for putting facts out here.

Did someone at LTT remove your post? As far as I can tell, your original post on page 2 is still there.

Here's proof

"What does this mean for businesses?

The penalties under the Ontario Act for violating the new Ontario order are steep. If convicted, a company director or officer could face a fine of up to CAD 500,000 and up to one year in prison, while corporations may be fined up to CAD 10 million. Any individual engaged in price gouging may face a ticket of CAD 750, or, if charged and convicted, a fine of up to CAD 100,000 and up to a year imprisonment."

Pricing Goods and Services in the Time of COVID-19: Canadian Government Measures Against Price-Gouging | Insight | Baker McKenzie

That's not proof - as others have pointed out, I don't think GPU's are on the list of essential goods.

Tell me again im full of BS.... you're pathetic

You're personally attacking them again. Don't do that.

Forums are meant for people to discuss things. I didnt start out like this, you got me here with your attitude of "im a mod and untouchable"

I don't recall him saying he was untouchable.

Argue his points, don't attack his character.

Aside from that, no, GPU's are not "essential" for graphic design (especially if we're talking 2D designs such as creating signs, like your example). I can do graphic design on my laptop with an Intel CPU and an iGPU. Publisher still works. Illustrator would work if I owned it. Photoshop and GIMP still work.

Would my productivity still be affected negatively? Yes, perhaps. It depends on the type of work I do precisely.

Furthermore, the primary reason GPU prices are fucked is because of massive stock issues. COVID has certainly contributed to that, but is hardly the cause (stock and pricing was already fucked before COVID started).

IF Canada Computers is really guilty of some of the things accused, that's bad. But there's definitely not concrete proof of it. Them prioritizing their PC Building business is not inherently bad. It's only bad if no backorders are being fulfilled, and I sure as heck haven't seen good proof of that yet.

9 hours ago, ITScary said:

I hope not. My son eventally wants to get his card or his money back. 

I'm fairly sure CC has already started offering refunds those those who don't want to wait. Your son can get his money back right now, today, if they called CC and canceled their pre-order.

Of course, they'd lose their spot in line. Whether that's a problem or not is up to the individual to decide.

9 hours ago, ITScary said:

Would be a real kick in the face  to wait 2-6 months only to find out they went out "NCIX style",  took the deposits with them, and personal data gets released through the sale of their servers.

I don't think CC is going out of business anytime soon. I mean sure it's possible - any business can fail suddenly, but I think that particular worry is most likely unfounded.

There are a few other PC Component businesses in Canada - Memory Express in particular is a good alternative. NewEgg Canada is decent (customer service is a bit iffy) if you're shopping online - just make sure to sort by products sold by NewEgg only.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Former CC employee here.

CC's Always been a bit shiesty.

edited to remove pic. i think i could be identified from it.

They sell (or sold, i cant say for sure they used to) greymarket parts during black friday / boxing day sales, without informing the customers of the issues that would pose for warranty claims. i have proofs.

3 minutes ago, Kazlehoff said:

Former CC employee here.

CC's Always been a bit shiesty.

edited to remove pic. i think i could be identified from it.

They sell (or sold, i cant say for sure they used to) greymarket parts during black friday / boxing day sales, without informing the customers of the issues that would pose for warranty claims. i have proofs.

Can you clarify this last point?

You're saying that what, they sell items that don't include North American warranties?

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

13 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Can you clarify this last point?

You're saying that what, they sell items that don't include North American warranties?

That is what was explained to me. some items that were sold during black friday / boxing day sales (door crasher specials generally) were items imported from other regions. they were designated to be sold in those other regions, and claiming warranty on them would be problematic at best. this wasnt disclosed to the client, and the only way to know the item was grey market was a sticker placed over the UPC Code of the item with a slightly different internal Canada Computers 10 digit item code.

Then theres the Ebay parts used for laptop repairs (thou only parts marked as "new" on ebay),data recovery actuailly being a third party data recovery with a markup. then theres also the way they treat the sales staff and techsupport staff. there are bonuses, but the company intentionally makes the bonuses incredibly hard to earn on a regular basis.

i was also told one time by my store manager that in order to book off two weeks of vacation time i had to use 14 days of vacation time, not 10, and that if i tried to only use 10 days of vacay time, he would book me on shifts the other 4 days.

1 minute ago, Kazlehoff said:

That is what was explained to me. some items that were sold during black friday / boxing day sales (door crasher specials generally) were items imported from other regions. they were designated to be sold in those other regions, and claiming warranty on them would be problematic at best. this wasnt disclosed to the client, and the only way to know the item was grey market was a sticker placed over the UPC Code of the item with a slightly different internal Canada Computers 10 digit item code.

Does Canada Computers not list warranty information for all products sold? What did they list for those items?

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Does Canada Computers not list warranty information for all products sold? What did they list for those items?

from what i remember, the grey market items had identical listings to the white market items in the system, so they showed up identically on the receipt, and the items linked on the website for the door crash specials were the white market items.

1 minute ago, Kazlehoff said:

from what i remember, the grey market items had identical listings to the white market items in the system, so they showed up identically on the receipt, and the items linked on the website for the door crash specials were the white market items.

Now that seems like far more serious allegations than what the OP is proposing (without solid proof).

If one could prove that, it seems like a pretty clear case of false advertising.

My evidence is an internal memo from a product manager to the various stores asking stores to sell the regular stock items and to hold the gray market items for boxing Day .

My issue with posting said information is that at the moment all I've done is talk which isn't really a big deal. If I were to post that documentation at that point I would have leaked an internal memo and heaven knows what cc would do at that point

I'm not going to post it for public dissemination just to protect myself but if LTT staff wanted to view it to corroborate my claim that such evidence exists I would be willing to talk to them about it.

Same for GN.

This got significantly more whistleblowery than I was expecting

IIRC in Ontario at least, it isnt the "scalping law" that pertains to gpu's. It's the price gouging law, "Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act on March 27, 2020 prohibiting retailers from selling necessary goods at ‘unconscionable prices’. An unconscionable price includes a price that grossly exceeds the price at which similar goods are available to like consumers." 

the problem is whether a GPU falls into Essential on its own. I believe a PC as a whole does, since so many jobs rely on it. also without a set mark up % in the law, good luck enforcing it. 

Now the personal side from waiting 6 months for a 3080. I did have pay 100% upfront, i even got told 4-6 weeks, AND that i am first on the list at my local store... while we can get our money back, most of the 30xx cards they have on list start for more than i paid in total. SO to hear they are withholding something i paid them for, so they can sell it to someone else for a higher price (in or out of a pc) is BS. getting a refund though means i will pay more, and still end up waiting possibly double the time. I keep waiting for 2 reasons: A) if they do finally do their jobs right, i get my card soon. B) i have heard from multiple people with business backgrounds that a law pertaining to interest on money given in advance for a service not provided may be subject to interest provided to the payee, Good thing if legal action forced their hand.

All in all though, i also cant find solid proof of fraud. So either wait for the GPU/ money back + interest, or demand a refund and light them on on google reviews and BBB...

Why does it say 1 now

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

Just now, davemc said:

Why does it say 1 now

Because OP doesn't want the mods to lock the thread or something...? I'm not sure.

elephants

2 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

Because OP doesn't want the mods to lock the thread or something...? I'm not sure.

Keeps the original content of the post from appearing on a possible Google search.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

11 hours ago, FakeKGB said:

OP also removed their post from Reddit. Which would indicate they are afraid of getting fired over this. The moderation team has agreed not to restore contents. But as without knowing where the discussion started, this thread has become pointless.

Edited by LogicalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv