Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

Hey

I help a lot of people choosing a monitor for work, they often have poor eye sight, or are light sensitivity but other with normal eyesight too

But what I often need, are the size of letters on different monitors, 24" vs 27" vs 32"  250ppi vs 400ppi, and with 1080p ore 1440p messure in mm or cm

then I often need to explain, on a simply term why and what the different tech mean.1 ms, 144Hz last time it took almost 1 hour, and Im not sure the understod it all   

Can you make a video about monitors for office work and and give som showcase with different programs, office software , video software and others, not only for gamers and youtubers.

remember there are a lot more normal workers than gamers

I often use Asus monitors, and many times there gameres monitors, they have a lot of models, newer had a bad model, and I can always find a model suited the user, but some times have to try 1-2 models before finding the right one 

I making a test room, with 6-7 differnt models 24",27" 32" 34" with 1080p, 144p and 2160p and UW, to test, to show, and educate how much the right monitor matters.

I always say the Monitor, mouse, and keyboard are the most importen part of the pc, if you have the wrong one it will have a impact on you 

using a old monitor 6-10 years old, for 6-8 hours a day, 5 days a week , can be hard on yours eyes, bad for you, headache, dry eyes, but bad for workplace also, you cant work efficent

if you change to a new better monitor or 2 monitors, I can have a good effect on you, not so tired, no headache, my boos had a 11 years monitor, and the hole team, had the monitor from when they had started working there,

I changde her monitor, and when she could se it help a lot I gave alle 2 new monitors, and they all say it easy to work with because the have many program open and now they can se the hole screen and clear picture, the price pr monitor is 120 dollars, but for 240 dollars pr. user we get more done and less sickdays, this is just true from our department, but I se a lot of department where it is the same old monitors, they get new pc when it´s 4-5 years old, but monitor no one gets new only when broken or they demant it

I see al lot off your videos, but most fore gamers and your funn to watch. 

you need more about normal stuff and not super cheap and what you find in aliexpress

maby make ANTHONY YOUNG 🙂 host      

hope you can use this ideer.

Claus       

You're making it way more complicated than it needs to be.  Office staff get a 24" 1080 screen, engineers get dual 27" 1440 screens.  If someone wants to order from the Dell catalog to get a 32" 4K screen or something then they need to do it themselves on their department's budget.

Response time is irrelevant for office work.  Even color accuracy is pretty irrelevant.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

@Planetalfmerged your topic in the official video suggestions thread.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I personally think that the Intel Upgrade Service was a crazy thing that happened years ago with which you could essentially enable hyperthreading on certain cpus, just by buying a code. additionally theres a history of people 'freeing' cores on triple core cpu's (i do have a phenom II x3 which you could try to unlock?) and loading different bios' on videocards, creating 'free' upgrades when it worked. all that by somehow inserting microcode i guess, pretty crazy in my opinion

I would absolutely love to see a video about the Varjo XR-3 with your guys new racing setup. I watch a VR channel that does news every week and the second I started watching the racing setup video I thought about one of the last episodes about a new feature the headset. It's called Real-time Mixed Reality Masking. It allows you to paint in real world objects and see them in real-time within VR games. I am sure you can see where I am going with this. Use that to see the steering wheel on the racing setup and still be able to see the game in a incredible headset.

Here is a link to the feature I am talking about:
https://varjo.com/product-updates/feature-preview-masking-with-varjo-lab-tools/

Hi there,

After spending some time on Amazon intentionally looking for strange PC components, I came across a very clearly fake GPU, titled as:

Graphics Card, 128Bit 4GB DDR5 1250MHz Automatic Recognition Gaming Graphics Card PCI Express 2.0 Slot 640 Stream Processor Unit Low Noise Portable Supports Online Download Video Card for Desktop

I will leave a link to it here (it will appear as Amazon.co.uk as that is where I'm from): https://www.amazon.co.uk/Graphics-Automatic-Recognition-Processor-Portable/dp/B09G3GM5SP/ref=sr_1_20?crid=1IRXAIPWX50WK&keywords=rtx+2060&qid=1640607031&sprefix=rtx+2060%2Caps%2C87&sr=8-20

I thought it would be good if a video was made on this, firstly to educate people of the risks when shopping for PC components on a huge online marketplace, and secondly to try and identify what GPU it is, and maybe see how it holds up in gaming workloads as well as maybe some workstation benchmarks? It's very clear that it won't compare to anything released in the last few years!

3 minutes ago, HF1sher said:

I thought it would be good if a video was made on this

They've already made videos about fake GPUs, I believe more than once

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Hey! I was looking into sound proofing doors/rooms recently and I think a video on acoustic blankets would be real neat; and to clarify I'm not talking about acoustic panels to reduce reverb but actual products attempting to block sound completely.

As I was researching around on the googles a bit I feel there's a good amount of content that could be covered like STC vs NRC ratings, your own measurements of some popular products on Amazon (or wherever), and different benefits like mounting options and portability. There's some neat products I saw too for people to create their own cheap "sound proof" rooms by using a frame and a blanket that wraps the entire thing.

I realize this isn't super tech related but with tons of people wanting to stream now and increase in people renting it could be a real useful video. (and you do have an existing video on the elgato wave panels so it isn't totally out of left field 😛)

17 hours ago, HF1sher said:

Hi there,

After spending some time on Amazon intentionally looking for strange PC components, I came across a very clearly fake GPU, titled as:

Graphics Card, 128Bit 4GB DDR5 1250MHz Automatic Recognition Gaming Graphics Card PCI Express 2.0 Slot 640 Stream Processor Unit Low Noise Portable Supports Online Download Video Card for Desktop

I will leave a link to it here (it will appear as Amazon.co.uk as that is where I'm from): https://www.amazon.co.uk/Graphics-Automatic-Recognition-Processor-Portable/dp/B09G3GM5SP/ref=sr_1_20?crid=1IRXAIPWX50WK&keywords=rtx+2060&qid=1640607031&sprefix=rtx+2060%2Caps%2C87&sr=8-20

I thought it would be good if a video was made on this, firstly to educate people of the risks when shopping for PC components on a huge online marketplace, and secondly to try and identify what GPU it is, and maybe see how it holds up in gaming workloads as well as maybe some workstation benchmarks? It's very clear that it won't compare to anything released in the last few years!

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Hello, I do a lot of long distance (ie. ~50 miles 1 way) driving and was wondering, if I connected a solar panel to the roof of a plug in hybrid car if that would extend the milage available or leave extra to be used by any added entertainment systems. Thanks!

Ref the refrigerated cooler project

Instead of smearing petroleum jelly everywhere to prevent condensation shorts

Why not run rig in a dry atmosphere?

Eg a big box (case) flooded with Nitrogen or use dry ice to expel the (humid) air

Natch a liquid cooled GPU would be required

Would mean no messy (and irreversible) preparation

Sealing would not be challenging as pressure differential would be small

Testing could be done by running the cooler inside the box and seeing if ice forms

There are dessicant materials which could be used as well

I just saw the video about watercooling a pc with a kitchen sink. And that made me think.

Wouldn't it work quite well to have a large water reservoir and connect that to your watercooled pc?
Obviously it wouldn't be easy to do, but it sounds like it would give way better performance, cause heating up like 100 liters of water is going to take quite a lot of energy.

And when you are done gaming, it'll cool down by itself, or maybe some extra cooling added to it.

Also, would LTT be crazy enough to try this out?

Yes a bigger thermal mass would mean it would take a lot of time for it to all heat up, but if you can keep the water cool by exchanging the heat in it with air by using a radiator then there really isn't that big of a difference.

Lol ive actually seen some random youtube vids where ppl just hook an f ing bucket to their ghetto loop and somehow get good temps, i agree its gonna take awhile for it to heat up but really were talking like 20$ for the cheapest 240mm chinese rad vs a 3$ bucket, me being me ill take the bucket option but the bucket is massive and water is freaking heavy, not to mention you gotta find a way to cover it so it doesnt turn into a mosquito breeding ground

@Estorio I have merged your thread into the LTT video suggestion thread. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

dongle life, now with "wireless audio dongle".

Experience the new Wi-Fi audio dongle for your TVs and LG Sound Bars | LG WOWCAST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b_DRT76HsA

Metaverse aka facebook gloves for VR.

holographic like Ipad too, might be lower res than the 3D hologram/looking glass (LTT video). to future light field technology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgiyoweaPb4

to the "future gen of AR"

Edited by Quackers101

What happens if you don't peel of the plastic on the cooler before installing it !

About 6 ago, I made a post about how LTT should make a video about 3d printing a computer case. I was super happy to see the idea used, even if it wasn’t from my post specifically. I think I have an even better video idea this time! I really love the occasional LTT 3d printing video. 

This kid made an incredible video about how to 3d print a guitar hero guitar (using cherry MX switches). When I watched it, I learned a ton about how custom controllers work, and the end result is impressive looking. It’s the perfect combination of easy and flashy. 

I think LTT should take on this topic and make their own version! Not only is most of their audience likely nostalgic about Guitar Hero games, but this project looks really easy, and is flashy enough to generate clicks. It’s both a learning experience for the audience, and something I could see a lot of people trying after seeing the video. I have personally ordered a 3d printer just because I want to do this. I also think LTT could add to the topic in a way not already covered in the video above.

LTT could even take this a step further and do a part 2 where they make a custom cabinet for clone hero using a raspberry pi (or micro PC) and an LTT branded guitar. I’m getting excited just thinking about it!

I’d love to see a small startup as a result of this video selling high end custom guitars with cherry mx switches. I realize I am in a niche, but I would pay $500 or so for a really nice Clone Hero guitar with cherry mx switches. It doesn't even seem like it would be that hard once you have made a few by hand. I'm curious what other community members think about this idea. 

3 hours ago, Niidhogg said:

What happens if you don't peel of the plastic on the cooler before installing it !

I think you should do a collab video with rising YouTube channel Divetalk.

https://youtube.com/c/DIVETALK

I had emailed them info@divetalkmedia.com saying they should collaborate with LTT and Gus responded with how much LTT he watched while building his streaming computer setup and he would love to do a video with you building a high tech NAS for the channel and his setup, but feared their channel wasn't big enough. I love both channels and I would love to see a Mashup. 

I'm not affiliated with them, they just replied to my email and I'd love to see a collab!

Screenshot_20211230-214947_Gmail.jpg

17 hours ago, Redlantern said:

About 6 ago, I made a post about how LTT should make a video about 3d printing a computer case. I was super happy to see the idea used, even if it wasn’t from my post specifically. I think I have an even better video idea this time! I really love the occasional LTT 3d printing video. 

This kid made an incredible video about how to 3d print a guitar hero guitar (using cherry MX switches). When I watched it, I learned a ton about how custom controllers work, and the end result is impressive looking. It’s the perfect combination of easy and flashy. 

I think LTT should take on this topic and make their own version! Not only is most of their audience likely nostalgic about Guitar Hero games, but this project looks really easy, and is flashy enough to generate clicks. It’s both a learning experience for the audience, and something I could see a lot of people trying after seeing the video. I have personally ordered a 3d printer just because I want to do this. I also think LTT could add to the topic in a way not already covered in the video above.

LTT could even take this a step further and do a part 2 where they make a custom cabinet for clone hero using a raspberry pi (or micro PC) and an LTT branded guitar. I’m getting excited just thinking about it!

I’d love to see a small startup as a result of this video selling high end custom guitars with cherry mx switches. I realize I am in a niche, but I would pay $500 or so for a really nice Clone Hero guitar with cherry mx switches. It doesn't even seem like it would be that hard once you have made a few by hand. I'm curious what other community members think about this idea. 

Merged to video suggestions. But since this is fairly niche and detailed thing, you are free to have discussion about it (minus video suggestions bits) as own thread in Peripherals or Hobby Electronics. Or maybe even PC Gaming in order to see if there are many players still around.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I'd love to see LTT's take (maybe more like a roast) on the status of comment spam bots / moderation tools. (maybe just a wan topic idk...)

Idk if it's just me, but in the last several months I've seen a noticeable uptick in comment reply spam bots. I know this isn't a real new problem, but it does seem like it's getting worse. Maybe it's just for the holiday season, or maybe it's just normal fluctuation in the battle between the bots and the bot-blocking. I follow a bunch of channels, and it's pretty universal: replies to legit comments from sketchy nsfw accounts with exactly the same or very similar comments. It happens generally within an hour of the video going live, and videos eventually get cleaned up presumably by the channel owners over the next hours to days. I've tried searching for creators talking about the issue, and only have come up with a few smaller people (example). Perhaps larger channels are just used to it, and it doesn't seem interesting anymore? A common takeaway is that community moderation is basically broken. How does LTT address this? 1000 monkeys with typewriters in the cellar? Are the official YT tools just misunderstood? 3rd-party auto moderation tools? Can we put some of LTT's more considerable weight behind the issue to try and make it better?

Can linus and anthony plz to a react to litte big video The internet   or atleast comment the state of inernet theme

Gaming Computers and air quality within a home office / gaming room setup. 

I have recently purchased an air quality sensor that measures several types of air quality indicators - PM2.5, VOC, Co2, etc. I noticed that when 2 gaming systems are getting pushed the VOC would spike. I am not sure if this is causation or correlation with other factors. Heat and airflow may be putting off gases from the gaming rigs depending on the plastics, coating compounds within the case. A video looking at several air sensors in a typical home office space may help shed light on what types of gases / fumes gaming rigs could potential put off. Lower quality products like those scams from Wish may be even putting off worse fumes depending on their craftsmanship without users knowing. 

I think this video format would be similar to the video that looked at heat generation from a gaming rig in a small closet. In this case, a gaming rig in xyz cubic foot room with air quality sensors. I myself use AirThings, but there are several other consumer grade and high-end grade air sensors that have have different calibrations.