Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

Hello. I don't know if anyone has ever suggested this. I've enjoyed your content for years. I have an interest in seeing a video made about the concept of crypto mining using a  jackery or serveral for a mining setup with out the environmental and monetary costs.

Thanks for all you do. 

Implement new Graphics card hardware in old PCIE-E compatible desktop machines, imagine running a 3070TI on your old PC with a CRT and DOS Quake. Or Win95 on modern hardware.

The Youtube channel "People make games" have done a two part series on the dangers of Roblox to children and It's quite the harrowing tale of pedophilia, gambling and work exportation of minors
Hopefully blow up and bring some change to online safety in games like this.

I recommend that you start at part 2 for a bigger and quicker picture.
Part 1

Part 2

Hopefully this can get the attention of the Team of LTT.

QoS / Fq_codel / CAKE explanation video (Probably a techquikie at first because way too easy to go too deep).

dtaht would probably be willing to contribute (as would I, FWIW) , although this would have to be done carefully to avoid spreading (even more) misinformation. 

What protocols to look for, what hardware to get... how to test it... how to avoid  router CPU bottlenecks, etc.

Take a 48 inch OLED and change the settings to where you get a screen size of 32 inches, then try to game on it to see how a 32 inch oled would be. 

You have done a few various "extreme" cooling, trying to use AC.  But what about a still crazy but slightly more practical option, a water chiller.  I have one that I use on my laser cutter and it refrigerates the water and has a built in pump.  Can one of these be used on a computer.  

Searching Amazon for CW-5200 brings up a few various models.  Here is one, but there are several options of different sizes:

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B09M9WK94Z

Seems like it would be a better fit than the AC unit, if it can actually keep up with the needed cooling and get enough water flow.  

Could be fun and interesting.  

Matt

build a pc in a ps5 optical disc drive spot on the ps5 digital

Linus! Pls react to TailosiveTech’s PC build stream. I need your insight!

2 minutes ago, Mcrich said:

Linus! Pls react to TailosiveTech’s PC build stream. I need your insight!

I have added your video request to the LTT video suggestion thread. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Try making & updating an old Storm style water block for new CPUs

Compare a current TOTL water cooling setup, a current TOTL AIO, and a TOTL water cooling setup from 20 years ago 

And what are you doing messing with that AC unit without trying to build a Cascade system?

Sup y’all, here is an idea I got after watching the video "Lower your heating bill... with GAMING". I liked the idea and that it has the potential to reuse the energy from the computer to heat up a room or a house. I think that idea can work if they use a new “clean” radiator or have two closed systems, one for the computer and one for the radiator with a heat exchanger in between the loops. Also, the placement of the radiator is important and should be placed under a window so you get convection that heat up the room and cool the radiator.

But here is my idea and I think it could be a fun test for Linus and Alex. Linus showed in the video "It Took Me a YEAR to Get This" that in the new house they are going to have the computers in a different room in a server rack that is water-cooled. My idea is to connect the water-cooling loop to a Hot water storage tank and reuse the heat to tap water or to pre-heat the water in the heating system or both. See my paint illustration of how it is going to work. 

image.png.2bb2718d9c3c76c17c59ab1f4f2c4cbb.png

The hot water tank is filled with water that the loop from the computer is going to warm up from the bottom. The water in the tank is warmer at the top and when you need tap water to wash your hands or shower you can reuse the heat. You can also hook up the tank to your heating system. My idea is the same as if you would heat up your house with solar energy but instead of solar panels you use waste heat from computers.

If you want to test it in a LTT video, you can build your own tank with a Blue Industrial Plastic Drum and run a heat exchanger spiral in it and fill up the barrel with water and connect the spiral to a computer and see how hot the water in the barrel is going to be. 

Hi there,

I was wondering if you could come up with some sort of dual gaming/work from home setup idea video. Currently have a work laptop and I was looking into getting a kvm switch but I dont want to throttle monitor. I'd like to use both of my monitors for work but I dont really want to use a virtual machine for this. If not, it would be really nice to see some gamer style home office setups, I couldnt find that many online.

portable mini/small-ish PC with portable GPU.

while this isn't quite the LTT content, and a huge undertaking, but "could be done".

About using a lower powered card + PCIe extension (maybe upgraded and maybe in cable form than as a flat bond).

That is plugged into a custom PCIe port onto the motherboard's slot for the mini PC. With a custom mount and more.

Could revisit the Best Portable Gaming setup? With newer integrated graphics, smaller and lighter gaming-centric laptops (with optional external graphics) becomes a lot more appealing. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Right so this isn't an entire video, but an issue that you might be able to get some info on for WAN Show or similar.  

Crucial has been screwing people over on mass lately.  I ordered over a month ago, and then recieved an email saying my order was cancelled today because they are "out of stock", however they are still selling the very same item just at a higher price. 

I ordered 32GB (2×16GB) of Ballistix 3200 CL16 for £86.39 just before black friday, and they still have the exact same item (code BL2K16G32C16U4B), selling for £118.99.  

I believe they are cancelling cheap orders and in effect scalping their own products because they realised they could sell them for more.  

There are masses of reviews about this online for example this one: https://uk.trustpilot.com/reviews/6165320fb873f1f75f5d668d (unknown time), this one: https://uk.trustpilot.com/reviews/6161a408b873f1f75f5b3cf6 (a month), and this one: https://uk.trustpilot.com/reviews/61b30b4f0b7cbbcbfe0787ea (only 24 hours, but still unacceptable). 

Here is the cancellation e-mail:  

Hello ---- ----,

Thank you for your recent order with Crucial.com.  We regret to inform you that due to high demand, the product you ordered is not currently available.  As a result, we have canceled your order.

Please visit our website and Select or Scan your computer to find other compatible products for your system.

Crucial.com strives to maintain 100% accurate stock information on our website and to fill all orders. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.   

Please contact us if you have any further questions about this order.

The Crucial Team
The memory and storage experts. ™
Micron Commercial Products Group
www.crucial.com 

I am happy to answer any more questions about this if you want to take a look at it.  

It would be interesting to see your team test the limits and functionality of the AGM Glory. Either in the studio’s controlled environment or a real world test in the BC mountains.

https://www.agmmobile.com/products/agm-glory

I’m also curious to see how the phone’s thermal camera compares to the ones you use in studio.

hey can y'all do a video about the long time issue of Google Play Games not working with Google family Link. my autistic son love playing war robots and other games but because he is on family link so we can regulate his screen time he now can not move he account over to a new device without us taking him off of family link. how can a tech giant mess something like this up. and they know its been a issue for a log time but they keep pushing for games to integrate the google play games into the game but they them selfs cant get it to work with family link. i dont know if yall can do much but maybe if you got the word out to more people then they might fix it

https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/07/31/google-play-games-still-doesnt-work-family-link/

https://support.google.com/googleplay/thread/3754613/how-do-i-get-google-play-games-to-work-with-a-family-link-account?hl=en

Hey guys, I came across something interesting and made an account to suggest you look at it.

Basically, this fella, Kyle Matthews at UltraPrecision, is selling "Fan Radiator Shrouds" (link here) and claims they significantly improve performance, with a link to this techpowerup writeup.

Matthews' claim on the product page:

The idea solution is to have air moving across ALL the finstack area of the radiator, removing as much heat as possible. My radiator fan shrouds move the fan away from the radiator fins, opening up a pathway for the air to flow behind the fan hub, maximizing cooling.

Here's a glimpse at the techpowerup test/writeup says:

Users with experience with fans and dust buildup quickly realise that the hub in the center of the fan leaves a dead spot where very little air flows.  You'll also notice that this dead spot is worse when a fan is pushing air vs. pulling air.  Then there are shrouds, many people have reported worthwhile improvements to installing shrouds on the radiator, but I'm not sure there has been any clarity as to where the shrouds help or what depth is optimal.

(They also make the claim that it reduces noise, but I considered that to be of secondary interest to the claim of improved cooling)

So, is that true? Are we leaving performance on the table? Could we be making our cases even cooler by using these shrouds? 

I took a look through LTT vids to see if you guys had already covered this, but didn't find anything about it. So if you guys haven't, I think it would be worth checking whether there's a worthwhile performance boost to using fan shrouds. 

Happy holidays!

A shaving contest, every host on the side panel has a beard movember is long gone.

Reward would be a dunk pool mid January in Surrey parking lot.