Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

Does anyone at LTT play guitar?

Marshall JCM 800 100w TUBE amp installed into a case with pro-tools/logic capable components with all the correct instrument jacks and stuff installed in the front IO.

Allowing for it to be worked on / tubes changed would be awesome.

Cooling would be a nightmare, but that’s what you have engineers for right?

There are plenty of accurate schematics for this amp (a lot of mods available on it). It should make it fairly easy to Frankenstein the brains of it into a big case without ripping it apart too much.

I would love to see this happen. And watch it tested by Linus playing guitar out of an RGB amp through a full stack of cabinets.

Hi, I'd like to see a video about wether people can notice graphical changes during game play. To do it you'd need a way to change the settings during play without the player knowing or stopping the game. Suff like AA, RTX, shadow quality, even slowly changing the fps until the player notices. Would be good to have a few people and let some know before hand what's going on so they can talk about during play if they notice but have others not know and see if they say anything.

I may have suggested this already, but investigate using an HBA ($$$) vs PCIe to SATA adapter cards ($$) in performance for software RAID (Linux, TrueNAS, Unraid, etc) and how many PCIe lanes you actually need for that performance.

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

I was just watching a video about the engineering of the James Webb Telescope.  The cooling system of the most sensitive sensor is using a pulse tube cryo-cooler, which uses acoustic cooling to cool to ludicrous temperature with zero vibration.  It sounds very sci-fi and might be worth investigating.   Then again, it might be really noisy (not a problem in space) and be utterly useless.  🙂

https://www.cryomech.com/cryocoolers/pulse-tube-cryocoolers/

LTT please review this Canadian/American unlimited data plan!

There’s a Cellular company I found called fonus in us Canada and Mexico https://fonusmobile.ca/ I ordered there SIM card not of their official website but on ebay so I can get quicker shipping it’s 30usd a month around 40CAD I hope u see this 

-Bristle

64A7D6B6-05F9-482B-BD12-7C01EB6F7841.jpeg

90E48759-C724-4F89-9B23-D08F6D397EE8.png

Edited by LogicalDrm

It's nothing more than an MVNO, and like all MVNOs you're de-prioritized compared to the main carrier's traffic. And like most "unlimited" plans you only get 5G for the first 20GB of data, then it's 3G speeds.

There are several MVNOs in the US that offer unlimited data for that price too, or cheaper depending.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

6 minutes ago, Lurick said:

It's nothing more than an MVNO, and like all MVNOs you're de-prioritized compared to the main carrier's traffic. And like most "unlimited" plans you only get 5G for the first 20GB of data, then it's 3G speeds.

There are several MVNOs in the US that offer unlimited data for that price too, or cheaper depending.

How good is it he three g speed? If it reaches up to 10mbps, I consider it unlimited internet

Sudo make me a sandwich 

A computer take on forged in fire:

For Linus, Luke, Andy, Alex;

on a table are CPUs, motherboards, storage and GPUs . straws are drawn and they take turns choosing from the items. They then have to build a computer within a time frame; drawing from a pool of parts (cases, monitors, chairs, tables)

there are tests that they have to pass: certain games, rendering, video editing, comfort over time. reliability, style, cable management)

10 minutes ago, wasab said:

How good is it he three g speed? If it reaches up to 10mbps, I consider it unlimited internet

Depends on the throttling imposed by the carrier and who the carrier is among other things. Most say 3G and you're usually stuck at about 1Mbps or less but who knows.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Hey there, we would love to see video showing how performance is affected by using different sized RAMs in dual channel. If you have similar video already made you may link it here. 

I became curious about this when I saw laptops comming with 12Gig(4gb stick + 8gb stick in two slots) RAM configuration. I know that they work just fine with different sized RAM but how about performance difference? Will they perform consistently  under any amount of load? - given the load doesn't exceeds more than total RAM capacity.Would it be bad for longetivity of laptop? 

Thank you.

12 minutes ago, wasab said:

Just checked the site:

You will still have access to unlimited data, though speeds will be throttled to 512Kbps until your monthly cycle resets.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 hour ago, Bristle said:

LTT please review this Canadian/American unlimited data plan!

There’s a Cellular company I found called fonus in us Canada and Mexico https://fonusmobile.ca/ I ordered there SIM card not of their official website but on ebay so I can get quicker shipping it’s 30usd a month around 40CAD I hope u see this 

-Bristle

Merged to video suggestion thread. Though considering this is very much local thing, and that they haven't done reviews on so local services (apart from their sponsors), its unlikely this will be made as video.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Scrapyard Wars, but all the tech must be from the 90s, or maybe between 95 - 05

In your conclusion about gaming on Linux, you were obviously comparing it to the PC.  But I wonder what a gaming comparison would look like between Mac and Linux.  Mac is obviously more polished and out-of-the box for supported games, but the number of supported games on both platforms seems similar.  Mac also has dealt with games that were supported, and then later not.  And  like Linux, there's some janky workarounds you can do to get _some_ unsupported games to more or less work.  There are also controller issues on Macs (many of which may have been addressed though there's still a lot of confusing info out in the InterTubez.)

So how about a video about the overall state of gaming across all platforms: PC, Mac, Linux, and console?  And what their futures look like (especially given that the upcoming Apple chip is supposed to be some kind of GPU monster).

US $1,800.00 | BKNUC9i7QNB CPU - Central Processing Units NUC 9 Extreme Compute Element, NUC9i7QNB, single bulk pack
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrWp72s I saw this and wondered how it would work with a modern cpu if you could get any performance difference. I didn't see any videos on this... 

hi,

I've seen a lot a vids on youtube lately about the new unreal engine 5 with some impressive demos and wondered if you could do a video explaining its history,  what it is, how it works and what you guys think about the implications this new version could mean for the future of gaming.

Just thought it might make for some cool content.

Make a PC run or be cooled with Petrol. This is a idea from a Discord Server

oi guys , you should make a video with a aio cooler on a tower cooler,  like a NHD15 with a Corsair h110 cooler or something cool like that:D is it crazy good or stupid bad ? 🙂 temps and how would you fit it ? 🙂 good luck 

A collab with Mrwhosetheboss.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

Not sure if this has been done or suggested before, but I would like to see a video on water cooling loop configurations.  Specifically, different configurations and their performance results. 

• Single radiator serial
  • Single radiator parallel
  • Dual radiator serial
  • Dual radiator parallel
  • Dual radiator intercooler style

.  I suspect the performance results might end up being fairly predictable in terms of best to worst, but I think it would be an interesting test to see what performance gains can be had just by reworking a cooling loop, and what the price per performance marks are for each so viewers can see if it's even worth adding in that second radiator or if they need to even care how they components are connected.  

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X  | Motherboard: ASROCK B450 pro4 | RAM: 2x16GB  | GPU: MSI NVIDIA RTX 2060 | Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S | SSD: Samsung 980 Evo 1T 

I don't think I've seen this posted; sorry if I missed it.
I would be really interested in one of the Ch's doing a video on frequent or recent sponsors of videos; specifically where the sponsors aren't exclusively sending in products for review.  I understand that it may boil down to MONEY at some point but there is clearly thought behind what products you are willing to give your rubber brand approval stamp to.

So the video might list say, 5-10 sponsors from 2021 or the most frequent sponsors and why you guys chose them less the funding.  Knowing why you think they are useful/quality/worthy products or services would be great to hear.

Keep trying to sign this stupid screen but it wont work...

8 hours ago, Nbd508 said:

I don't think I've seen this posted; sorry if I missed it.
I would be really interested in one of the Ch's doing a video on frequent or recent sponsors of videos; specifically where the sponsors aren't exclusively sending in products for review.  I understand that it may boil down to MONEY at some point but there is clearly thought behind what products you are willing to give your rubber brand approval stamp to.

So the video might list say, 5-10 sponsors from 2021 or the most frequent sponsors and why you guys chose them less the funding.  Knowing why you think they are useful/quality/worthy products or services would be great to hear.

Likely will be part of the video they're going to do where they secret shop sponsors to see if their behavior towards random customers is to their standards.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

How about a sleeper pc built inside a retro CRT monitor, high powered, modern system with a modern panel replacing the original CRT screen. 

Sleeper all in one 👍