Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

The Segotep TYPHON PC case has the motherboard sideways with exhaust going out the back.

Would be an interesting build to test thermals as the GPU would be in front of the fans which is where the air comes in.

Image 2 - Segotep TYPHON Black M ATX Mid Tower Gaming Computer Case with Tempered Glass

Hello Linus Tech Tips!

My name is Omar and Im from Sweden. 

I recently purchased a 3080 Gigabyte Gaming OC for 12 000 SEK. I am experiencing a very strange problem with the card. My 3080 clock only to 900Mhz while gaming and with 165W power consumption. It's half as much as what 3080s supuced to perform. I have tested everything and got no better results. I think it would be an intressting video if you are intrested in talking the card from me and test it and see why it behaves like this and maybe make a video on it 🙂 I have searched on youtube and found no videos about this.

1 hour ago, OmaWaka said:

This card has a switch to change between "silence" and "performance". Check that it's on Performance.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just watched the recent video "LTT is About to Change." The part with the temperature controled sound/thermals lab, got me thinking. 

I work in HVAC building controls/automation. There is a manufacture called Reliable Controls, based out of Victoria BC. 

I would love to see a video using their(or others) controls for the testing lab. 

Reliable uses an open source protocol called BACnet, and a programing language that is an offshoot of Basic called Control basic. 

Anyway, hope to see this! 

Make a video about WineHQ and DarlingHQ packages on Linux.

If my post helped you please hit the "Solved" button below ✅

@Mike Geppert Merged to video suggestions thread, you might want to complete the post. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

I'd recommend when Radeon 7000 drops to take a look at the Radeon Pro cards. Performance difference is <5% between them and their gaming variants, for example when the 6600XT came out how surprised everyone was and no one had tested the W6600 that performed nearly the same and launched months earlier. They're a bit more expensive than the gaming cards but in this market they can sometimes be found cheaper, especially used. 

10 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

@Mike Geppert Merged to video suggestions thread, you might want to complete the post. 

Complete the post? 

Watch the video...  Be in aww that it actually booted...  Dont knock the wives any more about building PCs.

Just now, Mike Geppert said:

Complete the post? 

I meant that since you put some info in the title instead of the post that has now been lost.

F@H

GPD Win 2

Now i'm not sure if this is even possible to do but i wonder how a video series about building a pc made up of 4 motherboards would look like.

A custom case, multiple motherboards all with gpu and that would all run the same windows environment to show gaming performance, rendering time and maybe some research application.

But mostly why this is a bad idea and no one should do it.

Bonus points if this is done with laptops components.

Maybe i forgot and something like this was already done, if so please link it to me as i would like to watch it.

Would like to see an investigation of solutions to add uninterruptible power supplies to all the components of a home mesh wifi network. 

It's not a video suggestion, but PLEASE do not send podcasts with the video files in Spotify. They keep streaming the video even if you turn it off. Moreover, I don't think They do any video compression, so it just gets intolerably laggy(especially with my crappy internet). So PLEASE do something about this. oie_pTbxTGpqmdsk.thumb.png.7436f41adc0229494fff24144d722ede.png

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

How about a video on all the games everybody at LTT plays regularly?  Good choice for the holiday season in particular.

Do a secret santa for subscribers, take like idk 5/6 people from your staff give them a budget and let them go all out 🙂

I'm always willing to be one of the lucky subs 🤣🤣

I have a little project that I'm doing for a good cause at the moment that I think with your access to much more tech and tech minds than me you could probably do 10 times better. I've been using a pc remote dialed into a few old samsung phones I had lying around and a macro clicker to view ads on Samsung global goals. With 4 phones its currently making around $500 Australian dollars a week to donate to the UN sustainable development fund. I'm sure you guys would have lots of old phones lying around and the technological know how to streamline the process. I'd sure love to watch you guys undertake this and see how much you could raise for a good cause. (The photo's a bit old I'm at about $4,500 in all time donations now).

Samsung.jpg

I have make the choice to purchase a Surface Duo 2. I plan to uninstall as many useless apps as possible. I am doing so to see if that would clear up some of the buggy OS issues.

I was wondering if you guys could work your magic and hack both generations and see if a new OS, or a hack would make them work better. I am sure, with all of the crazy hacks I've seen on your channels, you could come up with something. I am looking forward to many more Linus drops in the future.

How about a nice cheap $25 round up on headphones? Or better yet compare different peripherals with LOW / MED / HIGH price points. 

I saw this Unbox Therapy comparing the cheap $15 toaster with the $400 Japanese, maybe something like this but with headphones, mice /keyboards etc.

So, My mom when she was in the seventh grade bought a IBM XT from 1983. Now, the computer probably hasn't been turned on since 84 but we have the monitor, keyboard, and computer obviously with all of the boxes and no exterior damage whatsoever. What I am getting at is if there is any thing where the company could take it off my hands for obviously not free, but for some price and turn it into either some sort of review but maybe take it and turn it into a undercover machine. But what I would really like is if Brian the electrician could take it off my hands. It is going to be most likely thrown away if no one takes up this opportunity. Let me know, Thanks!

Started studying to renew my A+ and now I'm reminded how bad technical textbooks are. It would be the perfect FloatPlane exclusive series to have a PBS crash course style certification training.

5 hours ago, Kaji01WN said:

So, My mom when she was in the seventh grade bought a IBM XT from 1983. Now, the computer probably hasn't been turned on since 84 but we have the monitor, keyboard, and computer obviously with all of the boxes and no exterior damage whatsoever. What I am getting at is if there is any thing where the company could take it off my hands for obviously not free, but for some price and turn it into either some sort of review but maybe take it and turn it into a undercover machine. But what I would really like is if Brian the electrician could take it off my hands. It is going to be most likely thrown away if no one takes up this opportunity. Let me know, Thanks!

It would be a crime to make a sleeper out of a machine in good condition with packaging etc, if you're not finding anyone who wants it and would appreciate it contact someone like LGR or equivalent retro youtuber in your region who'd be more appropriate for making a video out of it and have contacts to find it a good home if they don't want it themselves.

F@H

GPD Win 2