Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

Really?  He vlogged previous building change updates before, to big view counts.
So, obviously its appropriate for the main channel.

Please make a video featuring dual samsung g9 gaming in a horisontal setup, 5120x2880 :)

I managed to get my hands on something I think Linus would be interested in. I have a prototype Nvidia Shield Portable with a Tegra x1 processor. Never actually released to the public. I know Linus was a big fan back in the day. Its functioning and boots, I have  installed dolphin and some of the nvidia game ports to the shield. The shield hub app crashes on the latest update so game streaming needs to be done with moonlight.

Pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/AHkSWBV

This something Anthony might like to tinker with, and I'd love to see him doing just that:

And from the same channel, another thing LTT might be interested in deploying on their "server farm"

Combine these and Linus never needs to open the server room door ever again* 😉

*not really, but it would simplify admin tasks for Jake, Anthony and Linus to be able to perform those from their desktop PC's.

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

Do a storage tower that we can plug via USB using these SATA hubs.

All you need are

• A casing
  • HDDs or SSDs
  • A PSU
  • SATA cables
  • SATA hub
  • SATA to USB converter (maybe like the one I've attached)
  • and a USB cable

I think it would be something rare and different

Or just do a review of the SATA hubs

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

18 minutes ago, OVER10RD said:

I think it would be something rare and different

And slow 😄

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

A retro PC build with hardware and games from like 25 years ago. Probably hard to get all the needed parts but I would love to see it. Aso would be a little variety to all the next gen top of the line PC videos (not that I dislike these, but I would love to see some retro hardware).

But now, fellow gamers, that was it for me. Please keep in mind, that this is just my personal opionion and I am no expert. Your system shall be cooled forever, see you next time.

Intel announced a new Atom Series for the first time since 2016. A list of these chips can be found on Intel's site here. They seem to be geared at the industrial market, but that doesn't mean they're inaccessible...

Ever heard of the COM interface? Computer On Module? Well the company Data Modul just released info on an upcoming COM (part number eDM-SMX-EL) using these Intel Atoms chips. I've found the page to quote it out here. And it's easy enough to find a board that should support it. Cool enough, it has m.2, sata, and even standard ATX PSU hookups. 

On 1/17/2021 at 3:06 PM, Kilrah said:

And slow 😄

sometimes slower is better 😉 lol

i guess you could use SATA to Ethernet adapters instead of USB

Hi :D,

how about reviewing the ongoing change in the world with artificial intelligence?

Linus could built a PC with Sophia Robot.

How do u guys see AI?

Light

It's 2021 and the pandemic is still going. I still need to use zoom daily and DroidCam has turned out to be a real pain in that use case.

Please make a round up video of budget 1080p webcams. I beg of you! There are so many garbage webcams on Amazon and it's past time I pick one out.

It would be interesting to see a video about the PXI/PXIe Platform and whether it's possible to game on it.

Ambient Light Rejecting projector screen with an Ultra Short Throw projector. They apparently make daytime viewing of projectors much better, and don't require you to paint your entire room black. Would love to see an ultimate stealth gaming room with an ALR screen that rises out of the ground. 

On 3/20/2019 at 10:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

Hi

Im a Dad of 7 year old doughter that needed a laptop for remote school and now I have left with only a laptop where I can play only on NVidia Geforce Now. And with my internet connections playing CyberPunk on it, is like playing minecraft. I know thst ther is a lot of new laptops (especialy after Ces 2021) but I'm looking for one that could get Best performance for CP2077 with smalest foot print and thst don't Look like a "dragon" or a "monster" as I would need to play on it siting on a floor. Can you help me find somthing? 

21 minutes ago, Mariusz K said:

Hi

Im a Dad of 7 year old doughter that needed a laptop for remote school and now I have left with only a laptop where I can play only on NVidia Geforce Now. And with my internet connections playing CyberPunk on it, is like playing minecraft. I know thst ther is a lot of new laptops (especialy after Ces 2021) but I'm looking for one that could get Best performance for CP2077 with smalest foot print and thst don't Look like a "dragon" or a "monster" as I would need to play on it siting on a floor. Can you help me find somthing? 

If you are looking for specific recommendations that you would buy around this time, it would be best to make a dedicated post about it in the laptop and prebuilt section. While lmg may make a video about a gaming laptop roundup, it would take quite a while for them to get all the laptops, test them, and make a video whereas you can get immediate help by making a dedicated thread for your situation.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

I really wanna see Linus do a video on the history of the ARM chip and Acorn computers in the UK, how it all got started and where we are now with apple M1 and Nvidia purchasing ARM.

I think that a video that might go over will with my fellow zoomers is a "Gen Z" Pc build. This would include lots of RGB, built inside the PC-O11 Dynamic, with top of the line parts. I have made a PCPartPicker list with parts that might show where I'm going with this idea.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vY7rW3

What about a video where they build a theatre/media room painted in musou black, really test those OLED perfect blacks.

On 3/20/2019 at 4:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

read your google map reviews just look. you will see

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Linus+Media+Group/@49.0984345,-122.7062259,17z/data=!4m7!3m6!1s0x5485cffd6c654647:0x3110c6840f43070a!8m2!3d49.0984345!4d-122.7061686!14m1!1BCgIYEw

On 3/20/2019 at 3:16 PM, CPotter said:

@CPotter I've been putting some thought into my challenge to Linus for a building race...

The American Legion offers temporary financial aid to veterans and families who are facing hardships. They offered assistance to me when I became homeless in 2019, and the program is almost completely funded by donations. As much as I want a gaming build, I would prefer to see the PCs we built to be auctioned and the funds donated to the American Legion so they can continue helping other veterans who are struggling to make ends meet right now.

I also live about 15 minutes from the Denver Micro Center and could see them get on board with sponsoring it. 

Benchmarker Benchmark. A race between Anthony and Linus of who can complete a set of benchmarks the fastest.