Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

There's Daytrading youtuber in Canada by the name of "Humbled Trader" maybe you can do a colab or something with her to monetize your stock purchase. 

I would love to see a high end water cooling versus high end air cooling.   Not sticking an AIO in place of an air cooler but a true decision path.  High airflow case with a lot of fans with a great CPU cooler and a high end graphics card and then taking the same motherboard/cpu/gpu and doing a custom water loop in a different case made for water cooling and comparing the heat, sound, etc between the two. 

This would be a video for those who are looking at water cooling versus air cooling and would be going fully in a direction.   Different case and setup, not just swapping in a single water cooling component.

Have you ever tried to play the same audio on your speakers and headphones at the same time while you wear the headphones (no noise cancellation) and the speakers just play in the room?

It's an amazing experience! You might need to add a few jiffies of lag to your headphone audio stream depending on how far/sensetive you are to both the sounds but it's very immersive!

Just try it even if only as a sound experiment. One of the best surround sound experiences I've had on the cheap. It's awesome!

I hope for a fan showdown, maybe with some of the community on youtube too?

About 3D printing a better performing fan than the stock on a GPU, both in thermals and noise.

It being a challenge, each team can pick 2 designs created by themselves (no copy pasta like my mother used to do).

After the last wanshow I was a bit suprised with Linus. Normally he is pretty good at milking stuff. So could you at least use the stock buying to make some videos? For example:

Techquickie on how online stock trading works and which tools are best (for the avarage joe)
LTT video on custom hardware which is used by stock traders to keep latency to the stock market as low as possible (I hear some of these a very interesting)
LTT video on hardware/software you can use to keep track of market fluctuation and maybe something about machine learning algoritms used to buy stock etc, so simply said what would you need to start a hedgefund in terms of IT

It might soften the blow at least a little bit ;) .

Linus...let me know if the guide I wrote interests you for a vid!

https://github.com/ortizimo/Windows-10-Security-Paranoid_Mode-2021/blob/main/instructions.txt

7 minutes ago, ortizimo said:

Linus...let me know if the guide I wrote interests you for a vid!

https://github.com/ortizimo/Windows-10-Security-Paranoid_Mode-2021/blob/main/instructions.txt

Merged with suggestion LTT Video suggestion topic.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

sorry...should I post it to that location or has it been moved? thnx!

Scrapyard Wars 

Now we have a shutdown because of some virus.

Will it be possible to make a Online scrapyard wars edition? Where 3-4 teams get a low budget to buy the best bangs for the bugs PC.

Where it is possible to use ebay, Wish, Aliexpress, Amazone or Whatever. 

Everything need to be ordet with in 3-4 days. And her is the catch if the stuff they get do not work. It is a shame...

Select a good Reliable and expensive seller og a cheap suspicious?

If 2 teams have malfunction hardware it is possible to merge the teams...

But the total value of the build need to be with in budget.

All teams starting to build at the same time. There are point for the 2 first teams to finish the build. 

Suggestion players:

Dennis, Sarah, Yvonne, Anthony, Janice, Alex, Colton, Linus.

One team member is doing the shopping, the other is building the PC. (Internet support is allowed but reduce points)

2 minutes ago, jrhaberland said:

A guide on how to build your own DIY ultra wide monitor would be pretty cool as well.

Big screen/TV mirrored in an angle?

Run Windows 10 on a Pentium III 1 GHz with an AGP card.

If you use a Radeon 9250 with 1GB of RAM, it technically meets the minimum spec.

elephants

Make a video of trying to build in the og Tytan case, the one that freaking transforms, there was an ltt video on it Literally ages ago, I think that it would be an awesome og case to build in and it would garner a lot of views 

I'm requesting a   "Fan Control Software That Doesn't Suck???"   Video.

With SpeedFan being basically obsolete/unsupported for newer hardware,banned by battleeye and with many people still in great need of a fan control software that isn't buggy resource hogging proprietary software, I think a good video idea would be looking at and compare alternatives that work.

"FanControl" by forum member Rem0o is the first one I think deserves a deep look into! Free/donationware that looks good and works great. Open source and built on the open-hwm api. I'm using it myself and it works great for me and most others.
https://linustechtips.com/topic/1099996-fancontrol-my-take-on-a-speedfan-replacement/
186948456_DesktopScreenshot2021_02_02-04_59_51_37.thumb.png.3bcec5937c20deefc5d84cf9ccda8cd2.png

"Argus Monitor" is another program that I've read works well. It is paid software that has what I assume are sort of similar features and more monitoring capabilities but with an older looking UI. It's more of a spiritual successor to speedfan if anything. But that's really all I know about it.
https://www.argusmonitor.com/
gpufancontrol_eng.png.d4a125613bf9cbf4e07f86e526bb129d.png

There might be more out there, who knows. But those two are what I would recommend to people looking for a software based fan control.

Hey Team!

Hope you're all doing well!

This is a bit of a punt but here goes...

I am a badminton umpire and player in the UK and I know how much Linus likes badminton (no it is not a wimp's sport! XD ). So I was thinking, it could be a great video for Linus to come to the UK for the All England Badminton Championships. Not only would he probably love the event but I know who to contact for him to potentially make a video about Hawk Eye, the instant review system. This system is known worldwide in tennis but it is also used in badminton. However, Linus could make a video talking about Hawk Eye, how it works and also the differences between the systems being used in tennis compared to badminton as they are not the same as badminton is much more complicated than tennis!

Let me know what you guys think! This would probably be a massive video to organise and so it would be good to start planning for the All England tournament next year (2022) when we hopefully get rid of covid!

Take care all!

So I know that y'all have done a lot of videos about Cryptocurrency and such, but you haven't done any videos on Crypto Masternodes. I think that would be a pretty cool video, because it could show how you can earn some money by hosting a crypto masternode.

try cooling a procsesor with indium foil its really soft and 10X more conductive than arctic silver

1-single powerful machine =  can it be used for 2 separate operators simultaneously? with two monitors, mouse, keyboard and two separate OS. It will be cool if you show us LTT videos how this can be done.

thanks

Here is a cool idea: Video about AP performance overhead.
Ever found yourself in situation, where you had to tether your phone for internet access or use a signal repeater ? What is the latency penalty of that ?
Also, USB vs PCIE vs M.2 network cards/adapters in terms of latency overhead, how it uses the CPU, drivers etc... Should be cool.
You know; To actually know what of a penalty there actually is by using different approach could be interesting.
I SUMMON ANTHONY (Also, try to convert rasberry pie to wifi hotspot)

How about a diy rgb pc setup where everyone has to modify non RGB devices like fans and make them RGB or even making there own RGB strips. It could be a challenge to see who's system looks best. It could be called the RGB cheapskates challenge or just plain old DIY RGB challenge.

You should try building a PC into a mouse with video out to a monitor...and, uh....RGB

I just watched this Episode ULTIMATE PC Tech Support Challenge - Jayztwocents vs Gamers Nexus

I had an Idea that would be fun hoping that Linus will do it

Get 2 people that dont know anything about Computers ( older people maybe seniors citizens or older house wives ) to build a high end gaming rig race 

Have Linus and Anthony or others video walk them thru the process and install everything like the challenge above benchmarks downloads you name it.

I had this idea when trying to explain over the phone to my wife how to fix a circuit breaker trip  (what a pain in the butt)

Do all the bench marking and everything

PASS IT ON