Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

All the other things you could buy for the cost of a midrange GPU.

harddrives, 10Gb networking, SSDs, monitors, keyboards, mice, headphones/speakers, TVs, and everything else that would provide an improvement to your PC gaming experience other than "more fps". Maybe throw in some metrics for the number of games you could buy for that price at $60, $40, $20, $10, and $5.

Top it off with a full-on parted out and fully upgradeable mini-ITX storage/media server, with multiple 4TB harddrives, and all the other things you can do with it, like host private LAN servers for old dead games, or whatever else.

Then, as the ending wind down, briefly show off a completed gaming PC for the cost of a single RX6900XT

There's nothing stopping someone from using Windows 7 without the internet, besides the one-time license check. You can even download update KB packages from Microsoft and install them offline still. Windows 8/10/11 might be useless without internet, but Windows 7 and Vista aren't. They're actually pretty great offline gaming OS, very stable and performant for period games that are obtainable without DRM.

I'd love to see a "trying to buy a 3080" secret shopper-like series, where someone from LMG tries to actually buy a 3080 by joining stock tracking servers and all (anonymously obviously).

I think it could be very entertaining and could show that while hard, it is not impossible, and they could obviously give tips in the video

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

You should do a pc build guide with the 30 series graphics cards at different price points and benchmark them to figure out which is the best price point to buy(including peripherals) and compare to last gen graphics cards to see if they give you more or less bang for your buck

Spoiler
Spoiler

How about the all 2nd hand OEM parts build, once used part prices fall back to a more reasonable level. Only OEM versions of GPU's, storage, motherboard then bench it against a system of comparably priced 2nd hand retail parts. Sometimes when deal shopping OEM only parts can be a real bargain but sometimes they're not when you find out that the BIOS has some pretty heavy power limits baked into them or the board VRM is really really cut rate, it would be interesting to see how much that impacts real world performance and whether saving a buck is actually worth it or not. 

What if you built a Bitcoin miner with the new Mac m1 processors in a couple Mac mini's?

The cheapest/ best value 8K TV! 

Honestly, I was sure 8K is wayyyyyyyy too expensive for most people,
But turns out there are some really cheap 8K TVs.. I found one 8K 55' QLED Samsung TV for less than what I spent to get my 75' IPS 4K TV... I legit though it was a price mistake at first, but it's not. 

I'd LOVE to see a comparison between the cheapest 8K TVs and some recommendations for entering the world of 8K TVs! 

We really need it. 

How about comparing business/enterprise laptop/desktop support 😉

I've seen a desktop GPU in a laptop video, but I don't think LTT has a laptop GPU in a desktop. With the current shortage of graphics cards this might be an interesting video to make.

This is the cheapest RTX 2070 on ebay but it's mobile. I don't know enough about hardware to tell if it's possible or not, but physically it doesn't seem hard since it has an hdmi port so perhaps all you need to do is figure out a way to feed it power and pci-e lanes?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alienware-Area-51m-Nvidia-RTX-2070-Mobile-8Gb-Video-Card-N18E-G2-A1-DPD1D/363029450373?hash=item54863dce85%3Ag%3AJ-kAAOSwM1Ze8lfQ&LH_BIN=1

I've always heard that better gear does not make you a significantly better gamer. 

I would like to see how big difference the gear actually makes. Like some professional gamer with crappy gear vs linus media group people with the best gear. What does it take to beat the best?

Elements to test: Crappy mouse, horrible screen resolution, low fps, high network latency and/or jitter, mono sound, keyboard with sticky/unresponsive keys, no rgb, etc.

50 minutes ago, Barras said:

I would like to see how big difference the gear actually makes.

Elements to test: Crappy mouse, horrible screen resolution, low fps, high network latency and/or jitter, mono sound, keyboard with sticky/unresponsive keys, no rgb, etc.

they have tested some of that, but yes it can depend too and what one consider the differences should be.

Some will in one way or another help, ofc this doesn't always mean it will make you win? Which I guess they sometimes try out in scrapyard wars?

But could do 2 episodes on what each tier could do, fighting vs others or self improvements? (although playing the game enough will also make some difference)

Linus. I'd like you to make my day. My son usually uses this channel to make his videos but he made me use his account to say that he has a challenge for you. Don't say i did it though. my son would be MAD!!! Don't even mention the channel name okay! Make up a name. Now for the challenge. Build a windows 95 pc using parts you would find back then. Use ONLY parts from any year before windows xp was released. Oh and use any site you want. Oh and also, Live stream it.

Heyo! I found this cool chassis as an advertisement. It's called DistroCase 350P Mid Tower Chassis.I don't have any further information other than the case is the pump and the reservoir. Here's a link to a video about it  I think it'd be a cool idea to give it review and thoughts about it. Ciao 

Distro-350p.jpg

Build-off between the two least-experienced builders. Specs for both computers are tricked-out like AIO cooler (don't wanna make it impossibly hard with custom loops), multiple storage devices, SLI/CrossFire configs, and fully-modular PSUs

"... Clouds?"
Hank Hill

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

Build 1 (Current, built myself): CPU - Ryzen 7 2700 w/ Wrath Spire Mobo - GIGABYTE GA-A320M-S2H RAM - XPG GAMMIX D30 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000 Storage - 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe (Boot), 1TB SanDisk SATA SSD, 500GB Western Digital HDD GPU - GTX 980 Ti 6GB PSU - EVGA 600W 80+ Certified Case - Thermaltake V100 w/ 4 case fans (RaidMax Red LED 120mm back exhaust, Thermaltake 120mm top front exhaust, Zalman Blue LED 120mm front top intake, Kingwin 140mm front center intake)

Build 2 (Secondary, bought prebuild and upgraded): CPU - i5 2400 w/ stock cooler Mobo - proprietary Dell Optiplex 990 motherboard RAM - Samsung 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 1333 Storage - Samsung 240GB SSD (Boot), Samsung 1TB HDD GPU - GTX 1050 Ti 4GB PSU - proprietary Dell 265W Case - Dell Optiplex 990

I would like to see a video that compares CPU's from the last 10 years.

Both in terms of gaming and productivity.

Like how does the I7 6700K compare to the 7700K, 8700K, 9900K, 10900K and so on.

And the same for AMD processors.

Some VR accessory video suggestions:

1) Ultraleap's Leap Motion hand tracking and STRATOS Explore ultrasonic touch haptic feedback. Leap Motion is needed for the STRATOS, but it may be possible to split this into two videos, with the first just going into hand tracking and the second adding the STRATOS.

2) Birdly flight simulator. 

3) Compare one or more 360 movement treadmills to each other and normal roomscale.

I would like to see a video that compares the AI Deep Learning performance on the following two builds

8 Tesla GPUs on PCIe x16 slots (I.e. Deep Learning server mobo)

Vs

8 Tesla GPUs on PCIe x1 slots (I.e. mining rig mobo)

Price difference is great between these motherboards and no one has a video demonstrating performance for these two scenarios. 

Thanks!

Canadian winter overclocking challenge

"Who needs sub ambient when ambient is sub-zero?"

Air cooled PC, outside with Noctua industrial fans vs liquid cooled or AIO system to see how far below zero the computers can run before locking up. 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

On 1/22/2021 at 6:00 AM, Barras said:

I've always heard that better gear does not make you a significantly better gamer. 

I would like to see how big difference the gear actually makes. Like some professional gamer with crappy gear vs linus media group people with the best gear. What does it take to beat the best?

BitWit does this on his channel fairly often. went as far as a couple dollar frog mouse from like a dollar store vs logitech gaming gear

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

A review on this $200 phone with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage?

This is on Flipkart, a popular Online Shopping Website in India.

(I couldnt find any international links to it)
Link to smartphone on Flipkart

The camera too looks good. A 48MP main sensor and two more, dual front(16+8MP) cameras.

Also along with a 4500mAh battery.

And, according to a few websites, this also has a 90Hz display!

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

Hi. Could you please test cooling, computer cases, etc. from SilentiumPC? It is a Polish company. Some say they make poor products, others say they are good value for money. Thanks.