How many of you are as boringly sober as I am?

Mister Woof
3 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

I'm almost 40, and I don't really drink. Might have a glass of wine during the holidays at family dinner, but otherwise, alcohol is for cleaning IHS's, wounds, and cooking only.

I can count on my left hand the numbers of times I've had a drink in the past year. Anyone else as boringly sober as I am?

Me.

I can't, and I don't foresee myself drinking in the future.

Smells weird.

elephants

Quit drinking some odd years back. Occasional cocktails only. At home only. 

In your 40's the body certainly does not recover like when in your 20's.

1 hour ago, TempestCatto said:

Hopefully I lose a lot of weight too - I'm 180lbs (very much overweight per two different doctors).

God, I wish I was 180lbs again. Although, it does seem like I'm on track to lose a little bit of weight from the ~250 I weighed back in September.

Yeah, that's a lot. 

More on-topic of the rest of your post, yeah, alcoholism scares the absolute fuck out of me. I don't think I have the self-control that everyone says I do, so I just avoid shit like that entirely just so I don't have to test my luck.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

3 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

Anyone else as boringly sober as I am?

I am actually more "boringly sober" than you. I don't drink alcohol, not even during any holidays or anything and it's not even because of some moral or idealistic stand or something, but simply because I'm not interested.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

23 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

I have 91% isopropyl for that. Am I safe?

You're good.

22 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

I recently was drinking energy drinks every day for over a year. To the point where I would get upset if I didn't get it, and would get crushing headaches.

It's been about a month and a half now, and while I still drink a good amount of coffee, I don't have the same kind of withdrawal symptoms.

It's nuts.

I was completely dependent on energy drinks for damn near everything in college. My favorite concoction was a 16 oz. beverage made of 8 oz. of Mountain Dew Code Red and 8 oz. of Red Bull. I called it a Code Red Bull and would go through 3-4 of them per day. Then one day my heart did something really weird. It beat once, then didn't, then beat twice in quick succession, then didn't. Apparently irregular heartbeats are bad for you. I swore way off but remained fairly addicted to them on and off. Now, if I have one at all, it's probably a V8 Energy once a week, at most.

21 hours ago, WereCatf said:

I am actually more "boringly sober" than you. I don't drink alcohol, not even during any holidays or anything and it's not even because of some moral or idealistic stand or something, but simply because I'm not interested.

That was me for a very long time. It took until my late 20's for me to really develop a taste for alcohol. I'm still that way with coffee. I hate coffee. HATE coffee.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

don't drink, I've always been scared of becoming an alcoholic like my family. Decided to try like 3 shots of malibu, which I now understand is only like 20% didn't even feel anything.  I've always loved marijuana though, and continue to use marijuana, It's legal in my state.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

So many better options than alcohol if you find being sober boring. I actually quit drinking altogether a few years ago but have no shortage of alternatives, many of which are actually legal here in the states. You would be surprised how many fun substances there are that most people have never even heard of.

The internet has sure made life easier than ever for both researching and attaining fun stuff. ;)

16 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

don't drink, I've always been scared of becoming an alcoholic like my family. Decided to try like 3 shots of malibu, which I now understand is only like 20% didn't even feel anything.  I've always loved marijuana though, and continue to use marijuana, It's legal in my state.

I hate rum in general. If there's ever a need for me to stop drinking, replacing my cabinet's contents with rum would be an effective way to do it.

FWIW, my "liquor cabinet"/cupboard shelf over the stove contains a half-finished bottle of Dahlwinnie Scotch, an unopened bottle of Maker's Mark and two bottles of a wonderful root beer flavored moonshine called Raymond Fairchild's White Lightning. I love that stuff. Love it. LOOOOOOOOOOOVE it when I just want to drink a glass of cream soda and be hammered by the end.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

5 minutes ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

So many better options than alcohol if you find being sober boring. I actually quit drinking altogether a few years ago but have no shortage of alternatives, many of which are actually legal here in the states. You would be surprised how many fun substances there are that most people have never even heard of.

The internet has sure made life easier than ever for both researching and attaining fun stuff. 😉

Lol well, I don't consider someone boring if they don't drink. It was hyperbole.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 hour ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

I've always loved marijuana though, and continue to use marijuana, It's legal in my state.

That explains the birb then, kek.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

4 hours ago, aisle9 said:

I hate rum in general. If there's ever a need for me to stop drinking, replacing my cabinet's contents with rum would be an effective way to do it.

I didn't taste bad at all imo, it was mixed with pineapple juice and red kool aid. I've been thinking about picking up a bottle of maybe scotch or whiskey to see if I would enjoy an occasional drink, thinking I might not become an alcoholic since I've made it this far, but I'm still wary of it. 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

And there's me enjoying a can of beer as I write my Psychology papers during my undergrad. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Something tells me that if youre mixing rum with juice and koolaid like youre a freshman and youve just stolen a bottle from your parents, scotch might not be your thing.

😄 

1 hour ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

I didn't taste bad at all imo, it was mixed with pineapple juice and red kool aid. I've been thinking about picking up a bottle of maybe scotch or whiskey to see if I would enjoy an occasional drink, thinking I might not become an alcoholic since I've made it this far, but I'm still wary of it. 

Oh JFC, mixed rum is maybe half a step above fermented camel piss on the alcoholic beverage scale.

If you end up wanting to try Scotch, I can help point you in the right direction to start. If alcohol just isn't your thing, that's cool, and I admire you for being mature enough to make that call at any age.

28 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

I am not allowed to drink alcohol because I have to use oxycodone. 😭

Personally, I'd rank being alive a step or two above having a drink.

6 hours ago, aisle9 said:

That was me for a very long time. It took until my late 20's for me to really develop a taste for alcohol.

I'm old enough that I could be some of the forum-frequenters' grandma by now and I still haven't developed a taste for alcohol 😄 Unlikely to happen at this point anymore 😜

6 hours ago, aisle9 said:

I'm still that way with coffee. I hate coffee. HATE coffee

Oh, I can't blame you. That stuff smells god-awful and tastes ten times worse!

2 hours ago, Caroline said:

Never done drugs either, not even a cigarette

Me neither. Kind of funny, when a doctor always asks me if I smoke and when I reply that I've never so much as tasted one, they end up searching for words for a few moments. I guess everyone expects someone of my age to have at least smoked at some point, even if not anymore.

I don't drink alcohol, coffee or energy-drinks, smoke cigarettes or marijuana, never tried any illegal drugs -- can totally see why someone would consider me boring. Not that I mind.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

I'm what you might call a "boring drinker" - I don't particularly enjoy the taste of most alcohol. I don't like wine, or most spirits/liquors. I outright hate most kinds of beer.

I'm the guy that unironically orders Coors Light because I love the light, smooth taste to it. I hate most craft beer because most of it tastes like hoppy shit, and hardly any craft beer caters to the kind of person that likes Coors Light.

I drink maybe once a month, if not less. And usually just 1 or 2 beers.

I got shitfaced drunk in High School often enough during parties, etc. But even back then I never enjoyed drinking, it was a social thing (and even the feeling of being Drunk. It's alright if you nail the sweet spot, but it's too easy to go too far and get sick, have a bad hangover, etc).

Cannabis is way better.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

If Cannabis is legal in your area I would definitely recommend Lagunitas HiFi Hops. It's sparkling water infused with THC, 0 Alcohol, 0 sugar, 0 calories and 0 gluten!

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

9 minutes ago, Gix7Fifty said:

If Cannabis is legal in your area I would definitely recommend Lagunitas HiFi Hops. It's sparkling water infused with THC, 0 Alcohol, 0 sugar, 0 calories and 0 gluten!

Personal use is essentially decriminalized, but I can't for job reasons.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

I don't drink at all ... Well at least not alcohol.  (I do ingest a lot of dihydrogen monoxide, though. And idk if it counts, but I've probably swallowed a little bit of mouthwash too )

Closest I've come to it was a time at a church I visited, they were doing Communion and passed around the stuff used for that.  There was a choice of grape juice, or wine.  Based on the taste, I probably got the wine.

Anyway though... I'd guess that if you added up all the alcohol I've ever swallowed in my life, it would probably not be enough to get someone under 21 in the USA busted for DUI.

I don't drink and I don't do anything else either.

Last time I had a drink was like 25 years ago or more.

I don't think that is boring though in fact I feel just the opposite.

Like it has woken me up in a very good way.

I enjoy life much more now. The good times more and even the little things to a greater extent.

If that is classified as boringly sober then I'd like to sign up for a lifetime subscription lol.

😄

I don't drink alcohol either, unless the setting calls for it. I don't smoke, be it legal or illegal anything, I've never taken any sort of drugs that wasn't prescribed by my doctor... I'm as "boring as can be" in the eyes of some people (I've been told as much by my ex who pretty much did everything, we weren't a good fit as you can expect).

I just don't see the appeal.

I'll take a drink, the smallest possible quantity if offered during the holidays, but I don't go out of my way to buy it. I just don't enjoy the taste.

I've tasted from 2% to 47% alcohol.

Under 5% is... ok... I'd rather drink water, really. (Not "beer", last I tried one, I puked from a sip, disgusting piss water. Talking about stuff that's basically carbonized juice, with a meh aftertaste)

Above that, honestly, all wines I've tasted, tasted the same. They claim to be fruity, robust, aromatic, full-bodied... All taste the same to me. And not a good taste.

Then, you enter the liquor and spirit realm, from mixes to rum and vodka and honestly... It taste what 99% rubbing alcohol that I use for PC, smells like. Nothing nice about it.

I just don't get why people actually enjoy the taste... Especially the low alcohol percentage, like, why... and HOW are you drinking 12 beers in a row. If you want to get drunk, switch to something stronger.

I've been told it's an "acquired taste" ... Well if I have to basically kill my tastebuds to even begin liking something... Why would I do that?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

On 1/20/2021 at 12:09 AM, Mister Woof said:

I recently was drinking energy drinks every day for over a year. To the point where I would get upset if I didn't get it, and would get crushing headaches.

It's been about a month and a half now, and while I still drink a good amount of coffee, I don't have the same kind of withdrawal symptoms.

It's nuts.

I also enjoy the occational energy drink (sugar free) however one thing most people dont consider is that usually energy drinks are consumed much more slowly than regular soda, and therefore expose your teeth to very very low ph stuff for a long amount of time. Not good for teefers.

Damn that sucks yall bring me down, i have a pint or two with my dinner and day drink on the weekends.

I'm also a homebrewer so i have an average of 20 gallons of beer in my kegerator at any one time, it holds 6 kegs so has a max of 30 gallons.