AMD radeon drivers f**king suck

lafrente
Go to solution Solved by Levent,

Here is a mirror. Use the WHQL drivers and update as little as possible. I spend 12 years with AMD graphics, I know your pain.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/amd-radeon-graphics-drivers/

I seriously learned to hate amd and 100% decided on not buying any of their products again. These issues just cant leave me alone. the idiotic amd updated probably some firmware, despite me turning auto update to off, now radeon software wont open. 

image.png.cba0904cc6807c9fd9c1ed33629c5d1c.png

And their f**king site has no download button, despite page talking all about it.  https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-590

Can I just update this MF for one last time and have them never touch my computer again? I am literally done with these idiots

*By clicking the "Download" button, you are confirming that you have read and agree to be bound by the End User License Agreement. Your download will begin immediately after clicking on the "Download" button. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you do not have a license or permission to use and/or download the software.

That's what it says, but there's literally no button on the page. F**king amateur buggy glitchy crashy motherf***ers...

Here is a mirror. Use the WHQL drivers and update as little as possible. I spend 12 years with AMD graphics, I know your pain.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Either we're looking at a different website, or these are not the download buttons you're looking for:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.084007c7ac940cfe72990cba39ccc0b5.png

Driver issues can happen. It's all about remaining calm when trying to troubleshoot stuff.

You can always consider Nvidia the next time around, to see if that works any better for you.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, EL02 said:

I usually get the same issue and this seems to fix it: https://www.itechtics.com/radeon-settings-version-and-driver-version-do-not-match/

Interesting registry edit fix. Wouldn't that cause some kind of compatibility issue? Manually changing the versions?

Just to add more info about their shitty products: their ryzen behaves like an hyperactive child. Constantly up and down clocks every 10 seconds, up and down 10-15c in temperature 5 TIMES a minute while sitting idle. I just dont see this lasting more than few years. I have a damn intel cpu that has been abused to sh*t for 11 years and its going strong and still relevant. About ryzen I found the solution in locking the frequency. And the previous chip started to restart after 3 months of light use as well, which were changed under warranty. Their sound drivers are f**ked, their radeon is f**ked with all that streaming crap, overall a shitty and very unprofessional company. 

4 minutes ago, Caroline said:

What is this then? I literally clicked the link then my OS and voilà

SZVeQdo.png

Not sure what the hell is going on with their buggy site. I DLED drivers from there before. Never happened. refresh page, stop adblock, ctrl + F5, doesn't help

1 minute ago, lafrente said:

Interesting registry edit fix. Wouldn't that cause some kind of compatibility issue? Manually changing the versions?

I mean...i get the same error on both my ryzen laptop and pc and even a ddu didnt resolve this. This works fine for me.

I've had this (my brother has too) with an RX580, I believe I reinstalled the driver to fix it, but that might not work for you

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

22 minutes ago, lafrente said:

Just to add more info about their shitty products: their ryzen behaves like an hyperactive child. Constantly up and down clocks every 10 seconds, up and down 10-15c in temperature 5 TIMES a minute while sitting idle. I just dont see this lasting more than few years. I have a damn intel cpu that has been abused to sh*t for 11 years and its going strong and still relevant. About ryzen I found the solution in locking the frequency. And the previous chip started to restart after 3 months of light use as well, which were changed under warranty. Their sound drivers are f**ked, their radeon is f**ked with all that streaming crap, overall a shitty and very unprofessional company. 

It's designed to do this.

Ryzen puts its cores to sleep when they don't need to do anything, then wakes them up briefly to do something, then puts them to sleep again.

And I'm curious:
What will you say if AMD continues to dominate for as long as Intel did?

elephants

Running 5 different full AMD setups and zero issues. No problems at all. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

15 minutes ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

Did you recently update Windows? Always happen with me when Windows updates... 

I think my windows automatically updates whenever. But it never happened right after a windows update. The issue seems to be AMD graphics software/firmware related 

What happened was this: It was just sitting on idle and screen started flickering. and I am just sitting there in awe like what the heck is going on, is my psu going? monitor going? Then I had this warning which I am glad I saved back 10 days ago. And today I have the issue. (Or maybe had on that day, but just didn't try launching the radeon software. OH and btw, their dumb radeon software forgets fan curves at random as well. So you realize why I am so fed up with this. I only realize my GPU is cooking for no reason when HWinfo warns me of it, when it goes past 77c, I have to manually go and reload the fan curve. While somewhat loud, doesn't let it go past 70.

asdsads.thumb.png.0a6e52e3a6d78e7ae566c71c24f3e67b.png

12 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

It's designed to do this.

Ryzen puts its cores to sleep when they don't need to do anything, then wakes them up briefly to do something, then puts them to sleep again.

And I'm curious:
What will you say if AMD continues to dominate for as long as Intel did?

I know that and that's an absolute BS to be honest. If it's needed every 15 seconds, why is it sleeping? This will only put more wear and tear into the chip and even fan, and even for the rest of the components for no reason. It will constantly adjust the power delivery, the heat around the chip will fluctuate 24/7. I hope you understand that physically the chip will last much less if its going up and down from 40 to 60 every 10 seconds, rather than staying 60c all times. With a bonus of your fans revving up and down along. A billion dollar company releases a chip in 2020, a guy called 1rusmus or something releases a software that does it better. So you can see how amateur they are in terms of software. Can't even fully take advantage of their own chip.

Well as you can see I chose AMD, but has been really disappointing. I had 10 years hassle free ride with Intel + NVIDIA combo, now it feels like I am swimming in a mud with these AMD+radeon combo. 

Just now, lafrente said:

I know that and that's an absolute BS to be honest. If it's needed every 15 seconds, why is it sleeping? This will only put more wear and tear into the chip and even fan, and even for the rest of the components for no reason. It will constantly adjust the power delivery, the heat around the chip will fluctuate 24/7. I hope you understand that physically the chip will last much less if its going up and down from 40 to 60 every 10 seconds, rather than staying 60c all times. With a bonus of your fans revving up and down along. A billion dollar company releases a chip in 2020, a guy called 1rusmus or something releases a software that does it better. So you can see how amateur they are in terms of software. Can't even fully take advantage of their own chip.

Well as you can see I chose AMD, but has been really disappointing. I had 10 years hassle free ride with Intel + NVIDIA combo, now it feels like I am swimming in a mud with these AMD+radeon combo. 

You realize you can go halfway, with AMD/Nvidia.

Also, overclocking your CPU so it has a fixed frequency will get rid of the clock fluctuations.

elephants

33 minutes ago, lafrente said:

I hope you understand that physically the chip will last much less if its going up and down from 40 to 60 every 10 seconds, rather than staying 60c all times. With a bonus of your fans revving up and down along. 

I hope you understand that some guy on a forum thinking he knows more about CPU design than the industry leader will read as rather amusing to some.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 hour ago, EL02 said:

I mean...i get the same error on both my ryzen laptop and pc and even a ddu didnt resolve this. This works fine for me.

I updated with the latest driver and problem is fixed. Ofc, despite checking "Keep my settings" during install, it deleted it all. Knowing how amateur they are and expecting a problem, I already had a backup of all my settings. Wasn't even possible through the software as it wasn't launching.

-------------------

And still even in this version, custom fan curve settings are acting stupid and they haven't really fixed it at all. So much flashy flash, so much "WE DO, YOU WORK. WE PERFORM, YOU WINNER. WE DOMINATE, YOU DEFEATE. silly cringe branding, but lift up the cover and its just a big pile of shit, years after years despite all those customer feedback. Those useless streaming/recording tabs grinning at me while the software can't even properly save my fan curve.

AMD = bunch of amateurs focussing on irrelevant stuff, and a lot of bugs. That's why one guy like 1usmus comes up and creates a better map for the cpu. 

1 hour ago, Levent said:

Thanks.. This solved the issue that amd itself have created.

6 hours ago, lafrente said:

, so much "WE DO, YOU WORK. WE PERFORM, YOU WINNER. WE DOMINATE, YOU DEFEATE. silly cringe branding, but lift up the cover and its just a big pile of shit, years after years despite all those customer feedback.

I have 5700XT and never had any major problems. My friends do not have any problems too. It seem like AMD is having more driver problems (if the rtx 3000 series does not count, they were bad).

6 hours ago, lafrente said:

k. Those useless streaming/recording tabs grinning at me while the software can't even properly save my fan curve.

My fan curve saves everytime expect when the system crashes or something. then the radeon software resets. I really like AMD radeon software mroe than Nvidia shadowplay. It is more simple.

7 hours ago, lafrente said:

. If it's needed every 15 seconds, why is it sleeping? This will only put more wear and tear into the chip and even fan, and even for the rest of the components for no reason

no it wont tear and wear anything..

7 hours ago, lafrente said:

. It will constantly adjust the power delivery, the heat around the chip will fluctuate 24/7. I hope you understand that physically the chip will last much less if its going up and down from 40 to 60 every 10 seconds, rather than staying 60c all times.

8 hours ago, lafrente said:

GPU is cooking for no reason when HWinfo warns me of it, when it goes past 77c,

That is completely normal. Everything under 90C is completely fine.

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

It's not broken drivers, it's just messed up webpage detecting OS. Probably because you're using some sort of blocker., I'm getting the same and the statement seems to look like I have outdated OS even though I have the very latest official one.

Just to add more info about their shitty products: their ryzen behaves like an hyperactive child. Constantly up and down clocks every 10 seconds, up and down 10-15c in temperature 5 TIMES a minute while sitting idle.

Yes this can be pretty bizarre if you're coming from Intel, as Intel chips don't fluctuate their temps like that

The reason is probably due to the difference that AMD and Intel measures temperature

While I can't comment on whether the spikes truly means the entirely chip is heating up and cooling down as mentioned, or they're just taking reading from different temp diode at a time, I will say the side effect of it causing the fan to ramp up and down is real and gets annoying real quick.

I find the fix for it is to just fix a voltage lower than stock, you'll probably still be able to clock your CPU at stock all core boosts speeds at much lower voltage as AMD cranks their voltage unnecessarily high out of the factory, they're literally on the edge of the voltage and freq curve for ambient cooling and I hate that.

As for your driver issues, you may give Nvidia a try, I personally also hate AMD radeon drivers because they hardly ever work right for me (their instant replay feature doesn't work half the time and it sucks to find out after you try to record something but it's not running)

But I also have friends that swore Nvidia driver never works right for them, so it's up to your luck of draw I suppose (his laptop had some weird firmware issue, I don't blame Nvidia but it's their drivers not working so...)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

9 hours ago, lafrente said:

Their sound drivers are f**ked

AMD doesn't even handle sound drivers, that's  usually with realtek, I just think you need to chill out a little.

and the clocks bouncing up and down is fine, it doesn't cause any extra wear on the cpu.

22 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

I have 5700XT and never had any major problems. My friends do not have any problems too. It seem like AMD is having more driver problems (if the rtx 3000 series does not count, they were bad).

I've had the same experience, my stock drivers where fine on my 5700, and even after flashing to a 5700xt haven't had any issues with drivers. the only problem i've ever had with an amd gpu was a constant BSOD that ended up being a problem with the ram chiplet that was installed by xfx

if you don't understand it don't call it bad or faulty, the chip is doing what it was intended to do, and It's not causing any extra wear and tear anywhere in your system.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

26 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

and the clocks bouncing up and down is fine, it doesn't cause any extra wear on the cpu.

Clocks? Yes, it's fine to ramp freq up and down from my understanding

Temp? Jumping 10c every few second is very excessive thermal cycling and that CAN lead to issues. But as I've said, not sure if the entire die is truly thermal cycling like that, or they're just taking reading from different sensors and causing weird spikes like that

Because I have a wattmeter and the readings don't really change much during the spikes (more heat means more power is sent thru, but that's not the case here) maybe my wattmeter isn't sensitive enough.

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Yeah. I own a MSI GX70 3BE Crysis 3 edition. The system has AMD A10 5750m APU with Radeon 8650G and AMD Radeon 8970m.

Windows update keeps on screwing with driver updates.

Problem is, AMD end the support for 8650G which resides in the APU, which can't be remove. AMD Radeon 8970m keep on having updates and I think it's still supported.

I found one Beta Adrenaline driver that works: the 15.11 beta version. It's hard to find in their website now. Otherwise, you can go to Catalyst Control Centre 15.7.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

I had my fair share of issues with AMD drivers but that I couldn't download them wasn't one of them... 

probably the page just didn't load right or something, it happens.

Also this is why you have backups... overzealous 3rd party app downloads updates and consequently fs ^ your computer? 

Not a problem go back a week or a month.. bingo, back in business! 😉

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

11 hours ago, lafrente said:

Not sure what the hell is going on with their buggy site. I DLED drivers from there before. Never happened. refresh page, stop adblock, ctrl + F5, doesn't help

Do you have noscript or some type of javascript blocker installed? It's loading fine on mine with multiple download buttons, with the javascript enabled.

I had both Nividia and AMD and personally both have problems. Apart from the 5000 series serious driver issues Nividia has problems just like AMD does