People slag on Madison ... and shouldnt ...

Pitboy64

I donno why people rag on her.
She has a natural sense of humour, a great ability to transmit wit and irreverence in a good way, and communicates just like her age group does, and thats marketable ... and just what LMG needs. I also appreciate that she drives Linus nuts. I think that's because shes a lot like him in a lot of ways;
She likes to make the people around her happy,
she likes to upbeat the mood of the space she is in,
she likes to play with peoples heads in a fun way,
and shes self deprecating, just like Linus.
... but beneath the circus we see in the ROG build video, its pretty clear that behind all that is an intelligent, thoughtful, quick thinking personality that would work well in the public zone.

I see her starting hidden away doing the social media stuff (also being stuck in the US during Covid will keep her out of the building), working under Nick and Yvonne, crossing the T's of probation and dotting the i's of adjustment, and if it all works out I could eventually see working her in as a team personality in the company, on camera.
Till then ... just keep her away from Linus.

Oh, ok. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

I didn't watch the Madison build video, but I thought everyone wanted her hired afterwards?

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

20 minutes ago, Video Beagle said:

everyone

No, not everyone. "Hire Madison" became a meme because the pulled Linus' strings so much and a group of viewers wanted to see that more often, But fact is, she was rejected several times previously and Linus casually admitted in the recent build stream that she was hired as she was the best candidate for the job. Which, frankly, says a lot about the other candidates :P

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

30 minutes ago, Dutch_Master said:

But fact is, she was rejected several times previously

again stressing, I only know what was said on like WAN shows, but doesn't/didn't she live in the states, which is why she wasn't really an eployable choice? (I assume she's either moved, or as social media person, she'll be remote..though on the stream linus said she'd be buying hats, so guess she moved.)

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

3 hours ago, Dutch_Master said:

...But fact is, she was rejected several times previously and Linus casually admitted in the recent build stream that she was hired as she was the best candidate for the job. Which, frankly, says a lot about the other candidates :P

This is lacking bit of context. The position she has been selected (I haven't watched the stream so my last knowledge is that she was in last rounds of interviews) is for social media/community manager position. The previous positions have been for writers, editors and cinematographers plus occasional sales person. Saying that she doesn't have experience nor education that would be needed to fill those positions. And LMG being located in city with film school means they have more than enough qualified candidates to pick from. Not having to go with amateurs with only practical experience.

The position being for social media and community type gives a fan some advantage over even those with education or previous work experience. Being a fan means one knows how to interact with community, can relate more and provide the content they are more likely to engage with. Whereas education gives only general "good practices" and work experience is highly connected to field where previous company operated in.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, Dutch_Master said:

Which, frankly, says a lot about the other candidates

Bull-fucking-shit. The only thing it says about the other candidates is that Linus considered her a better choice than the others, that's all. Anything else is you projecting things.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

5 hours ago, Pitboy64 said:

She has a natural sense of humour, a great ability to transmit wit and irreverence in a good way, and communicates just like her age group does, and thats marketable ... and just what LMG needs. I also appreciate that she drives Linus nuts. I think that's because shes a lot like him in a lot of ways;
She likes to make the people around her happy,
she likes to upbeat the mood of the space she is in,
she likes to play with peoples heads in a fun way,
and shes self deprecating, just like Linus.
... but beneath the circus we see in the ROG build video, its pretty clear that behind all that is an intelligent, thoughtful, quick thinking personality that would work well in the public zone.

I see her starting hidden away doing the social media stuff (also being stuck in the US during Covid will keep her out of the building), working under Nick and Yvonne, crossing the T's of probation and dotting the i's of adjustment, and if it all works out I could eventually see working her in as a team personality in the company, on camera.
Till then ... just keep her away from Linus.

You got all of that from one short video? 

Who are these people and where are they?

Everyone I've seen seems to love her.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

5 hours ago, Pitboy64 said:

...who rags on her?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

...who rags on her?

Apparently everyone who doesn't cream themselves every time her name is mentioned.

#hiremadison /s

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

7 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Apparently everyone who doesn't cream themselves every time her name is mentioned.

You have no idea how many times I've had to change my underwear today because of this thread.

ohmy.gif.145046e3bf8a89c5c542681b2650a452.gif

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

12 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

Oh you mean the explosive diarrhoea it keeps giving anyone who reads it?

Why so cranky?

she is linus younger brother.

They be mad as Ison.

Also the channel might do well with some kind of "refreshing" spirit.

8 posts and you choose to make this one of them...interesting 😂

Most people are pretty happy when they're getting a very expensive, free PC ;)

You're extrapolating an awful lot from very little information. Don't pretend like you know someone because you've seen them on camera. YouTuber's tell people this all the time. There is always a slight degree of pandering going on. You don't really know the person, even after hours upon hours of watching them. It's like Instagram; you see what they want you to see.

Pretty sure she can still move to Canada; it's work related, it's different. She'd just have to self isolate for the mandatory 2 week period, and probably require a negative test. She is also a Canadian citizen, so it becomes much harder for her to be refused entry.

7 hours ago, Dutch_Master said:

No, not everyone. "Hire Madison" became a meme because the pulled Linus' strings so much and a group of viewers wanted to see that more often, But fact is, she was rejected several times previously and Linus casually admitted in the recent build stream that she was hired as she was the best candidate for the job. Which, frankly, says a lot about the other candidates :P

Did he actually say she was hired? The only thing I saw was him saying that she was considered and was going through the application process.

1 hour ago, kelvinhall05 said:

#hiremadison /s

But but...she's hawt and LOVES TECH!!! 🥳🤯🤤 GURLLLLLLLL

/s

I mean, she cute, but it'd have to be them hiring someone like Pokimane or Valkyrae (maybe Justine if they wanted an Apple hypebeast on the new channel 😂) for me to go that nuts.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, DriftMan said:

ITT "why do y'all guys hate my waifu? YOU SHOULDN'T, SHE'S GORGEOUS"

To be honest, I don't even know what she looks like 😐

13 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Did he actually say she was hired?

In the Friday Thursday AMD build stream Linus told us she's starting in a few weeks time.

4 hours ago, WereCatf said:

Bull-fucking-shit. The only thing it says about the other candidates is that Linus considered her a better choice than the others, that's all. Anything else is you projecting things.

You realise I was taking a stab, right? I deliberately ended with a smiley!

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

Just now, Dutch_Master said:

In the Friday build stream Linus told us she's starting in a few weeks time.

Ahhh nice. I don't really watch many LTT videos, especially build streams.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I must say I watch LTT for people like Linus, Alex and Anthony and less for Riley and James. Nothing against those guys and their more focussed videos are fine. I just don't go for the OTT LTT side.

Linus OTT is about as much as I can handle.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

-= Locked =-

Constructive criticism is one thing, but this topic has consistently devolved.

If you wish to start a conversation, great! If not, then don't post things that will only cause discourse.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER