Loramentum - A watercooled, wall mounted rig - Fan and lighting upgrade! 27/01/17

Maki Role

Looks like its ready for water to me :P

still needs some cables tho, but yeah, water could go in i guess.

@ Maki Role : is there actualy anything else left except some cables and filling it up?

1 pci extension cable, 1 atx cable, 1 sata cable, 1 ssd power cable, fan cables, mounting the fans... anything else?

i guess you wont use your front pannel connectors :D

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

Hey, pleas keep track of your exact measurements for coloring the water, cause if I like the color I'm using it for my monolith build.

Also, don't you think that's kinda a weak way to hold it in place? I would want a bracket on top at least... I tend to overengineer things, but...

It's actually incredibly strong.  The PCIe bracket prevents the GPU from moving vertically, horizontally or across the Z plane, the D-plug is also very secure, you need a good tug to open it nomally, never mind when combined with the bracket.  The spacer keeps everything in tension, there's literally no movement in the card, makes it more than secure enough.  Remember it survived falling from a height of 3 feet without incident, that thing's going to be fine.  I'll be sure to note down the important coolant measurements, although I reckon some of it will pretty much be doing it by eye.

Looks like its ready for water to me :P

It certainly is.  My coolants arrived this morning, but I was busy the rest of the day.  I had planned to fill her up this evening, but somebody decided to use all my distilled water in the iron...  Will have to go grab some more tomorrow morning, bit of a wasted evening really.

still needs some cables tho, but yeah, water could go in i guess.

@ Maki Role : is there actualy anything else left except some cables and filling it up?

1 pci extension cable, 1 atx cable, 1 sata cable, 1 ssd power cable, fan cables, mounting the fans... anything else?

i guess you wont use your front pannel connectors :D

It's actually even less than that for the rig itself.  Remember I already have the PCIe and ATX cables done.  Just need to do something with the riser cable and make the sata, molex and join the fans together plus wiring in the on/off switch, all in all pretty quick jobs.

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

It's actually incredibly strong.  The PCIe bracket prevents the GPU from moving vertically, horizontally or across the Z plane, the D-plug is also very secure, you need a good tug to open it nomally, never mind when combined with the bracket.  The spacer keeps everything in tension, there's literally no movement in the card, makes it more than secure enough.  Remember it survived falling from a height of 3 feet without incident, that thing's going to be fine.  I'll be sure to note down the important coolant measurements, although I reckon some of it will pretty much be doing it by eye.

It certainly is.  My coolants arrived this morning, but I was busy the rest of the day.  I had planned to fill her up this evening, but somebody decided to use all my distilled water in the iron...  Will have to go grab some more tomorrow morning, bit of a wasted evening really.

It's actually even less than that for the rig itself.  Remember I already have the PCIe and ATX cables done.  Just need to do something with the riser cable and make the sata, molex and join the fans together plus wiring in the on/off switch, all in all pretty quick jobs.

riser cable in vinyl wrap? I wouldn't suggest carbon fiber cause it normally looks gaudy, but for just one piece?

maybe just a black vinyl wrap.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

riser cable in vinyl wrap? I wouldn't suggest carbon fiber cause it normally looks gaudy, but for just one piece?

maybe just a black vinyl wrap.

That's probably the route I was going to take, I'll see what it looks like first, may end up using something flexible like plastidip instead.

oh wow amazing job, i just love it

Thanks!

UPDATE!

Armed with 2 gallons of distilled water, I decided to have a go at playing with the coolants.  To be honest, it sounds more exciting than it was as I found the coolant colour I wanted pretty fast.  It's very similar to sunset yellow, I would have picked that exact one up were it in stock.  Any more orange didn't look yellow enough, any less looked a bit anaemic.

You may also notice that I picked up some Aurora 2 concentrate.  Unfortunately it looks rubbish in the shade of yellow I'm looking to use, not nearly enough contrast.  It's great for deep colours like punchy blue, red, green or even black, but light yellow just looked like urine really.  I was about to take a photo for you but in an effort to darken it a bit, I added half a drop of red.  Well that took over making it a vivid orange, again, not very interesting photo wise there.  I'll probably use it in a future project, IMO Aurora can look damn fantastic in the right colour and setting.

She's all filled up now.  I'm really pleased without how easy this build is to fill and drain.  I'll go over the details of the systems in a big update in a few days.

mxDxrB.jpg

cLNOIW.jpg

VKKAi9.jpg

s3Cw6e.jpg

xHEiFD.jpg

Tomorrow I'll try and get all the wiring done and hopefully the last few details on the flight case too!

amazing work man, glad it's finally coming together

those pictures are unreal!

man this is mental....in a good way like

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

amazing, the whole system fits the PSU sticker, awesome work never thought of anybody doing that kinda colour scheme :P  :rolleyes:

anyway, looks really amazing, altough a bit darker coolant(matching the PSU fan and GPU bracket) would be nice to i think, altough it wouldn't really be possible with mixing dye's(i guess)

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

was the givaway windder ever anounced?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I think I'm gonna have a seizure

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

When the build is fully complete Maki will announce the winners. Good Luck.

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K  | Motherboard Asus Sabertooth z97 Mark 1 | RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb 1866mhz | GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 980 w/ ACX 2.0 | Case Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window | Storage Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB |  PSU Corsiar RM750 | Display(s) Some Acer Things | Cooling Corsair H100i + 5x Noctua NF-F12 industrial 120mm fans(they are freaking load) | Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K95 |  Mouse Logitech G502 | Sound Audio-Technica AD900x + 02+ODAC +AT2020 | OS Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 

Gah I'm always a little slow responding as I have a habit of posting the updates right before I go to bed...

That coolant looks like orange juice.

Yeah it looked remarkably drinkable when it was in the glass for the photos, luckily it smells pretty bad so I was able to control my thirst hehe

amazing work man, glad it's finally coming together

those pictures are unreal!

Cheers man, hopefully I'll be able to raise the bar further for the final pics, these were mostly done very simply.

man this is mental....in a good way like

:D

amazing, the whole system fits the PSU sticker, awesome work never thought of anybody doing that kinda colour scheme :P  :rolleyes:

anyway, looks really amazing, altough a bit darker coolant(matching the PSU fan and GPU bracket) would be nice to i think, altough it wouldn't really be possible with mixing dye's(i guess)

Serendipity at its best really, I did look into having a slightly darker coolant, but it just didn't loo quite right.  The thing is, the darker it becomes the more orange it becomes, it also absorbs more light.  Having it this light shade works quite well with the other components and against the black IMO, remember that there's also next to no lighting on this build, simply doesn't need it.

I have the same Jug

It's a classic, just like that beige mixing bowl everybody seems to have rofl

As was mentioned, I'll be announcing that upon project completion, which is very soon.

I think I'm gonna have a seizure

Hold on a minute, we've still got the final bits to do!  :P

That looks absolutely beautiful!  :wub:

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Quick question: What are the dimensions of your build? And how heavy is it? I'm still designing my own build but I want to know how much the acrylic adds to the weight of the build.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Quick question: What are the dimensions of your build? And how heavy is it? I'm still designing my own build but I want to know how much the acrylic adds to the weight of the build.

I actually have no real clue atm.  I'll need to figure out a way of weighing it (don't have a set of scales here), it's not light though.  Dimension wise it's 480mm x 550mm x 90mm

Wow! So impressive man! Keep up the great work! :D

Desktop: i5 4670k, Z97-K, 16GB, MSI GTX 770, Evga 850G2, TT T31

Freenas Server: i3 4170, X10-SLL-F-O, Crucial 16GB UDIMM, 4x4TB WD Red, Evga 550GS, Fractal 804

Peripheral: K60, HyperX Cloud

Mobile: Nexus 6P 

Congrats!  After lurking the forums and watching tons of videos your build log just convinced me to join!  Can't wait to see the finished product in box!

Wow! So impressive man! Keep up the great work! :D

Cheers man, hope you like the final update!

Congrats!  After lurking the forums and watching tons of videos your build log just convinced me to join!  Can't wait to see the finished product in box!

Welcome to the community! :D  I'm honored that this build helped you to make the plunge.

MEGA UPDATE!

Well this is it folks.  It's been one hell of a journey with many ups and downs (some seriously low points), but I wouldn't trade it away lightly.  The amount of support this build has garnered from the community has been astounding, finally winning a Bit-Tech MotM being the icing on a rather rich chocolate cake indeed.  I'm amazed by simply how many have followed this thread too, a massive 315 at time of writing!  :o 

I'd like to thank everybody who's followed this build from the start, along with everybody who joined along the way.  Also a big thanks to my sponsors EKWB who provided almost all of the watercooling parts for the build, it certainly would have been a much slower affair without them.  I'd also like to thank the team over at Parvum Systems who managed to get a new block made so quickly, and of course a thanks to James (Phame) who made the original one that sadly now sits in my room as a grim reminder of the cost of carelessness.

7kqb.jpg

First up, the final update:

Tidied up all the fan wires, much neater only having one.

0e79xo.jpg

Ohds1j.jpg

Felt that the radiator screws needed a bit of sprucing too.

M3LNRt.jpg

And now for the main event!

hsnjnb.jpg

CBVahc.jpg

6KqgBr.jpg

dgDGNB.jpg

PD7MQb.jpg

nOkP1C.jpg

MaRaRE.jpg

PETNIX.jpg

1xN3lA.jpg

The rig is all up and running safely.  I'd have grabbed a few pics of it pushing some pixels only every place I could use is a bit of a heap right now thanks to trying to frantically finish the build.  Going to be a bit of a cleanup job for sure.

reads mega update:

al i hear in my head: hype!

edit: clever solution for the carbon sticker on the pci extension cable

+ huge congratulations ofc

edit 2: does this mean you will continue work on azure redux, or will you first enjoy this masterpiece you just finished?

Edited by darkspeedy26

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

It looks amazing, but i'm still not so sure about that yellow coolant...

Edit: Inb4 notification spam

Oh wait im too late for that

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Wow, looks just like the original renders - but this time more "Life Like" 

Maki Role

I have been following this, and through out I have been wanting ask about the cooling tube done in the Acrylic. Was it hollowed out or is tube made because of two curved sections on two separate "plates" of acrylic are matched up?  - if so was there any kind of sealant or gasket? 

Maybe this was asked earlier but I didn't never saw the post. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Phenomenal job mate! Great job, once again! :) :)

Desktop: i5 4670k, Z97-K, 16GB, MSI GTX 770, Evga 850G2, TT T31

Freenas Server: i3 4170, X10-SLL-F-O, Crucial 16GB UDIMM, 4x4TB WD Red, Evga 550GS, Fractal 804

Peripheral: K60, HyperX Cloud

Mobile: Nexus 6P 

It's looks fabulous! You've done a stunning job on the build and I won't lie, I'm really jealous!<3

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"