Loramentum - A watercooled, wall mounted rig - Fan and lighting upgrade! 27/01/17

Maki Role

Just stunning wow 

You Sir have skills 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

You know what?  I think it's about time for an update don't you?

Well I didn't want to end on purely pictures of the rig, how about some of it in use in a battlestation?

Over Christmas I was working on fixing up my peripherals, which had been lagging behind by quite a bit.  So I picked up an Asus PB279Q 4k IPS monitor, along with some Beyerdynamic T90 headphones.  To drive the cans, I also picked up a Schiit Modi DAC and Asgard II amplifier.  The stand I'm using is just a quick thing I made out of some left over 10mm polycarbonate, simple and effective.

I have to ask. How are you keeping the ear pads on your Beyerdynamic headphones so perfect? Mine are completely flat and now really uncomfortable. :(

Also, what mic stand is that? :D

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

• 4 weeks later...

As a sort of thank you to everybody who's been following this build I've decided to hold a small giveaway too!  Up for grabs are an XSPC Raystorm CPU block (new and unused, even has the plastic peeling still on the copper side) and a Coolermaster Nepton 280l closed loop CPU cooler (kindly sent to me by Coolermaster EU).

To enter is simple, following very much on the theme set out by user Rakior in his fantastic desk build (seriously, check that out), simply ask a question and state which prize you'd be interested in.  For the sake of variety, try to have a look to see if your question has already been answered in the thread before though.  It can be about the build, modding in general, food (oh yes that's a good one), hobbies whatever, but a little relevance would be nice.

Doubt this is still open, if it is, I would love to win the waterblock as I am planning to make my own build soon!

Doubt this is still open, if it is, I would love to win the waterblock as I am planning to make my own build soon!

now THAT is a good question, i didnt hear anything about this anymore since the last info about it, which was christmas

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

It is not

@Bsmith it is not.

I won.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Aah yes, that would be my fault.  New Year was just so busy for me that I was completely distracted from posting the results, I'd completely forgotten by the time I posted those battlestation pics because everything had been all wrapped up.

Indeed Spwath won the CPU block, you can find it in use in his thread now.  The winner of the Nepton wished to remain anonymous, they were from the reddit thread.

Just so this message isn't simply notification spam for people, here's a little update on my upcoming projects.  I've just started a new thread for my next build log, it's going to be another NUC case, this time designed around the Art Moderne movement and the streamliners of the 20s-50s.  This is a small work that I'm doing for the Bit-Tech/Intel NUC case competition for 2015, should be a lot of fun.  I'll edit the link in here when it's up.

I'm also working on a sequel to Loramentum.  Sadly I can't give much more information than that at present, but trust me in that it should be pretty spectacular and one to watch, particularly if you like beefy hardware.  Expect to hear more about this over the coming couple of months.

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

BURGER! Anyway, wow this is cool, and those are some high end looking toolboxes you got there, any more modding soon?

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

BURGER! Anyway, wow this is cool, and those are some high end looking toolboxes you got there, any more modding soon?

That was a fine burger indeed, felt compelled to take the picture.

As for modding. right here in fact, straight from the oven:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/313389-moderne-by-maki-role/

OMG! just saw this thread xD went straight to pg 34 and im absolutely amazed.

This is the most beautiful system Ive ever seen. You should be proud of this sir. @LinusTech if you dont mention this guy, something is wrong.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Wanna trade $1 for all that gear?

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

very nice setup, quick question which of those water cooled beasts us your primary sysytem?

The one on my right is, it's what I use for all my render/3D modeling work, although it's due an upgrade soonish.

OMG! just saw this thread xD went straight to pg 34 and im absolutely amazed.

This is the most beautiful system Ive ever seen. You should be proud of this sir. @LinusTech if you dont mention this guy, something is wrong.

Thank you for the kind words! :D

Wanna trade $1 for all that gear?

How 'bout tree fiddy?

• 2 weeks later...

So voting for the next featured build log has finally begun! Show your support by lending Loramentum a vote :)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/319051-featured-build-logs-002-voting-thread/

Lending a vote?

I'll sell you mine for the cheap price of that PC.

Just wow.

Carbon Fire ITX PCCPU: i7-4770K@3.8Ghz GPU: Asus GTX 660 Cpu Cooler Corsair H80i Mobo: Asus Maximnus VI Impact RAM: Corsair 16gb 1600MHz PSU: Corsair CX500 Modular SSD: 2x120gb HDD: Seagate 2TB Keyboard:Corsair K70 Mouse: Logitech G700  Case Modded Bitfenix Prodigy

Damn. Just damn.

And I noticed, that our birthday is the same :D *high five*

9/9/1999 m9 gotta love this d9

:lol:

I want to have a nice and tidy desk as yours :3

Congrats! Your PC is seriously unique :D

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

2wbzxx2.png

Choo choo!

Just wow.

Hehe thanks!

Damn. Just damn.

And I noticed, that our birthday is the same :D *high five*

9/9/1999 m9 gotta love this d9

:lol:

I want to have a nice and tidy desk as yours :3

Congrats! Your PC is seriously unique :D

9/9 represent!

If only my desk looked like that right now rofl, covered in bits of electronics and packaging atm.

Also, I'm just going to leave this preview work here...  Should give you some clues as to the nature of the sequel.  Don't forget to get your votes in for the featured builds comp too!

ClassicMerryIridescentshark.gif