LTT Desk Mat - Opinions?

Senzelian

What do you guys think about the new desk mats that LTT released?

Personally I feel a little disappointed. I wouldn't have bought one anyway, because with shipping these are rather expensive, but I'm not a fan of the design. It's not that it is a bad design; it's pretty nice actually, but I just wonder what exactly this has to do with LTT, other than the out of place logo on the top left corner. I just looks a little to generic for my taste.

image.thumb.png.e1c3c163e04a78327e8c973d27cd373b.png

I find that Kyle's (Bitwit) desk mats fit his personallity and channel a lot better. He has one in this blue and pink color scheme with lots of hardware products on it, which just instantly reminds me of his channel. It fits his Hotline build and simply what the channel is about, without having to put a logo on the mat.

image.png.035d5c118a8db9d29b010170949cf9dc.png

Same goes for Gamer's Nexus.

What about this Desk Mat doesn't scream Gamer's Nexus?

image.thumb.png.22e13c9ca244d33aa84d41dce7afca17.png

Edit:
So yeah, just wanted to share some opinions.

I'm just sad they're sold out.  I like the design and the quality looks top notch. The design fits with their T-Shirt scheme.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

The trees actually looks like arrows, pointing up. A subtle, yet very clever nod to that fact that LinusMediaGroup is from the Great White North. Do you know where "North" is on most maps? That's right, UP!

This brain moment has been brought to you by the LTTStore.com mousepad!

/s

I don't really know what the connection is to LTT tbh, other than RGB!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, minibois said:

I don't really know what the connection is to LTT tbh, other than RGB!

They're in Canada which has some spots that can be a good place to see the northern lights?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Fits nicely with the design language of the rest of LTT's merch.

It also seems like it would slot in nicely with most RGB setups.

Bitwit and GN's mats are very specific. Both are awesome, but are not mass appeal items.

Kind of fits when you think of each channel's reach and target audiences.

If it's not for you, understandable.

There are plenty of mouse mats out there from generic to hyper specific.

I'm sure this is just the first of many designs.

Out of other Youtuber desk mats, it looks better IMO.

I don't totally like the tree part of it though; I understand it, but the blue clashes quite a bit and detracts from the top. If it was just the logo and Northern Lights, I think it would be better.

All that being said, I'd probably buy one with a different design. I'd also use it as just a desk mat, and not as a mouse pad as I'm still hanging onto a 14-year old mouse pad because it doesn't exist anymore.

I get your point, I personally love the look of it. As said from a style standpoint it ties into a lot of their hardware specific shirts, it has that RGB gamer vibe with all the colors and I think the trees are kind of a nice way to break up the mat and keep in mind that those trees are positioned where your keyboard goes so by making it just a bunch of generic trees its not weird to cover up some of them with equipment, where as the gamers nexus one for example I would feel like I always wanted to see everything because they are all unique pictures.

Holy crap. OK, they weren't kidding: This is a desk pad. So, based on the, um... Like, I was expecting it to be big, but I actually wasn't quite expecting this

image.thumb.png.0eba16360f7b88b1dec92eb148cc55f7.png

One thing that doesn't make sense to me is why all desk pads are priced the same. Like a desk pad that is over 3 times as large than another having the exact same price. The design though it's pretty nice, just wish they had more than 1.

I mean, at the same time I'm not really into merch, for 2 main reasons. 1st, I'm not willing to pay 20$ shipping for a 30$ shirt, and 2nd, 95% of the time (at least), merch is never good value compared to a similar product without branding. I get that people see the value in the designs of the shirt, but personally I'm a cheapskate and all I care about is the functionality I get out of the product.

It’s not to my taste but it looks pretty good as a product.

It’s not LMG, PC or even gaming specific so could fit great into many schemes, which is probably why it’s selling so well.

Personally I want something overtly PC or LMG so this product isn’t for me.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

I hope it is a quality mat and that I can ensure the EU won't tax it because I want to order one. The design is not of my taste, but on the keyboard side it will be covered anyway, and out the other hand (pun intended) black is just good. I also hope the support team will answer my emails one day :)

10 hours ago, Senzelian said:

I just wonder what exactly this has to do with LTT

Well they are Canadian and quite proud of it. It has large Coniferous trees on the left side which kinda sums up Canada as a whole but also BC specifically where they are based with their ancient Douglas Fir forests; Then there are the Northern lights at the top. Pretty clear visual description of the Great White North, save for the white which wouldn't have sold as well I'm sure hence the black colour scheme, there is the little bit of snow included though so it's still represented. You could also argue the trees are designed to look as though they are covered in snow themselves.

Personally I absolutely adore the design, and would have loved to have one for Christmas! Team did an awesome job, now we just need a matching wrist rest in the same assortment of size options!

- Personal Rig -

AMD 7950X3D / 64GB G.SKILL DDR5-6000 EXPO / ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC
ASUS ProArt X670E / Noctua NH-D15 Corsair 4000D Airflow / Corsair RM1000x / 4 x 2TB Crucial P5 Plus

- 🪦 HW Graveyard 🪦-

MSI GTX 780 Lightning 3GB 🪦🫡 Dec 2013 - Dec 2018
Seasonic Platinum 1000W 🪦🫡 Dec 2013 - Dec 2018

PNY GTX 470 1280MB 🪦🫡 June 2010 - August 2017

Intel Q9550 / Q9450 Systems 🪦🫡 Q1-2008 - Q3-2016
- Desktop Audio Equipment -
ADAM Audio F7's | Topping D30 Pro | Topping A30 Pro | HD598 & HD6XX w/ Sheepskin Pads

7 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

One thing that doesn't make sense to me is why all desk pads are priced the same. Like a desk pad that is over 3 times as large than another having the exact same price. The design though it's pretty nice, just wish they had more than 1.

Linus mentions why in the short circuit video, but the simple answer is the cost of material isn't what makes up the cost. It's the design and production of it. Few inches more of material doesn't make much difference in price. Just like how a small shirt is the same price as an extra large.

A lot of LTTs merch has been designed so it's not too heavily branded. They've intentionally gone with more discrete designs. Designs that even people who aren't fans of the channel can appreciate and that you could wear/use without feeling like a billboard.

If you do want more techy designs then both the Gamers Nexus and bitwit desk pads look great as well.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

My guess is that if they'll sell mostly 2 or 3 sizes, they will make more designs for them. It doesn't make much sense to have more designs atm. That many sizes don't make sense if they don't do it for research anyway

11 hours ago, Den-Fi said:

Fits nicely with the design language of the rest of LTT's merch.

Exactly... this is the design style Lloyd or Linus  or both or all like, so it matches that.

8 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

One thing that doesn't make sense to me is why all desk pads are priced the same. Like a desk pad that is over 3 times as large than another having the exact same price.

Basicly, the difference in material cost to make the smallest size and the biggest size is largely negligible, so rather than having lots of different prices which might be hassle than covering those costs is worth OR just charging more on the bigger items because they can OR making the buyers choose a smaller size than they want because it's what they can afford, LMG eats the small extra costs. (They do this with the water bottles as well...I think it's a really cool "gimmick", and likely the good will it engenders is worth more than the small costs lost)

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

1 hour ago, Video Beagle said:

Basicly, the difference in material cost to make the smallest size and the biggest size is largely negligible, so rather than having lots of different prices which might be hassle than covering those costs is worth OR just charging more on the bigger items because they can OR making the buyers choose a smaller size than they want because it's what they can afford, LMG eats the small extra costs. (They do this with the water bottles as well...I think it's a really cool "gimmick", and likely the good will it engenders is worth more than the small costs lost)

But that way everyone will just buy the biggest mousepad, because it's the better value out of them all.

1 hour ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

But that way everyone will just buy the biggest mousepad, because it's the better value out of them all.

That's like saying you should buy XXXL shirts because they're better value than Small shirts.

I wouldn't buy the larger sizes. It wouldn't fit on my desk. I would actually want one of the smaller sizes.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

4 minutes ago, Spotty said:

That's like saying you should buy XXXL shirts because they're better value than Small shirts.

No, that's not the same thing. People will buy the largest mouse pad they could fit on their desk, even if they'll never use all of it. Regardless my point is, larger mousepads will have sold better than smaller ones.

I'm a fan of the design. The subtle LTT branding is a nice touch. I don't really see how the design connects to tech but nobody ever said it had to.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I like it a lot, I like the design and how it doesn't really scream "LTT". I bought one lol.

Quality looks good from what I've seen and it fits pretty much anywhere. Price is good too honestly, especially for the bigger ones. 

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

Personally I think they look awesome. if I didn't already have a big GN one, i'd get one 🙂

Oh, and shipping prices to the UK too. Eeek

I wanted one to cover my entire desk.

But the large sizes are all sold out...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

I wanted one to cover my entire desk.

But the large sizes are all sold out...

me too

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

I'd pay double for them to make a padzilla version of their desk mats, i absolutely adore this design and wish I could get it on a padzilla size mousemad haha.