Poll: What Content Do you Want to See from Linus Media Group

LinusTech

If I have to choose one, I'd choose toy channel but I don't mind a mixed channel. You guys don't have to make like 5 videos per week. Maybe 1-2 videos per week and only choose the absolute gold that you guys REALLY wanna share or want us to know about. 

ALSO, I love the Bug-A-Salt video. I like the informal/friendly video that's not to formatted/scripted. It makes me feel like it's an actual review by a human being instead of a formal written review.

Please do both guys, It will be great for business and Slick needs more attention :P

Still learning how to play Dota 2 :)

1st to 3rd May is  fanfest time for EVE Online.  Give CPP Games a call and blag yourselves a couple of plane tickets to Iceland.

I'd love for you guys to be able to showcase the fans who have considered internet spaceships a serious business for over 10 years

http://fanfest/eveonline.com/en/default

I know I may be asking for a lot here but maybe for the gaming channel you could have a show (much like the WAN Show) also hosted on Twitch which would be dedicated for gaming with the viewers and maybe doing tournaments together on different types of games. Much like the WAN Show Afterparty but with its own design, name and unique segments.

I'd love a gaming channel, but a toy channel would also be awesome since that attracts a whole different group of people.

Not sure if Linus would read this but the videos of the rc cars he did got a lot of views because there's a lot of people who are into that sort of thing.

Same with the games idea.

So not sure if it would be great to put them on the same channel. Infact 2 separate channels would be better... But that maybe too hard to manage.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Linus, Please add in toys and games together with the tech

This makes it more of a well balanced channel

Hopes this helps in your decision

Cheers 

HTTP 404 = Server cannot be reached please try again later, try refreshing(F5) the page or re-enable your wireless

Mix it up in TheLinusPlayground

@Damikiller37 sounds like a sound idea

HTTP 404 = Server cannot be reached please try again later, try refreshing(F5) the page or re-enable your wireless

toys and games, but try keeping them short enough so it doesn't get boring (aim for 3 - 5 minutes approx, just like the techtips)

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

In my opinion, you should have Luke do games, Linus do toys and do some videos together, like, multiplayer games, gun toys, board games and so on, understand?

It's the best of both worlds :)

Both guys, do both.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

I say both, except for Quadcopters and Airsoft Guns I don't mess with toys but my son watches almost all of the tech videos with me and I am sure if you made a toy / game channel that he and his friends would all like that. I play video games everyday and would be awesome for my favorite subscription to make gaming videos as well! I am sure whatever you decide will be successful, Linus & Slick have unique personalities and LinusTechTips was one of my first subs on Youtube.

FX-8350          ASUS Crosshair V         MSi R9 290X Gaming 4G

gaming :D:D:D:D

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to see awesome toys like that and maybe a few games on the side!

I still love the idea though Slick :)

Definitely think it would be best having both and posting them interchangeably each week (or whatever). This would allow you to both spend more time on "your" video and not get bored with it.

/2c

just do them if they fail they fail 

a good game review would be great and making it the deal of the week or a non release would be great to see if the games worth having 

i love what you guys are doing and i think this is a fantastic idea, i would like to see abit of both honestly, but if i were to pick one of the two it would definitely be toys.

that said, i don't mind a gaming focused channel as long as slick is able to do his own take on it, i don't want it to turn into some generic thing we have seen a thousand times before, have it a channel focused around gaming, not necessarily gameplay, i liked his trine video and it's nice to see slicks opinion on it as he seems to be thural i also like the way he thinks, it might work out, good luck!

I think both subjects are interesting and a little but of variation doesn't hurt, so I voted for a mixed channel for that reason.

The toys channel: Awsome idea, if you pick out the awkward, funny and special gadgets and toys every (grown-up) kid would like to have. But it doesn't all need to have the huge Wow-factor. Maybe people around the world and from different ages would like to see the evolution of toys around the world and in time, some nostalgia could be good aswell. Or toys for grown-ups! The pilot video was great, no remarks on excecution :). But please don't get yourself in jail!

The gaming channel: There is some work to be done here: what will it look like? I found the fact that 2/3 of the time you were looking at Luke's face a bit awkward for a gaming channel, I feel you need to feel submerged into the game a bit more, so more ingame footage. None the less, I find it it important to be able to see Luke's (facial) expressions while telling his story almost as important.

The format "webcam stream in the corner of the screen" has been done 1000's of times and is kinda boring, maybe you could experiment with some new formats?

(like make Luke AND the game appear over the whole screen, the one slightly more/less translucent then the other. Or paste Luke's face on the character :D.

You need some experimenting here.

To sum up:

I like the toys part, it's success will be largely dependant on which toys you pick. The pilot video was very well done. The more unprepared/unscripted parts the better.

The gaming part: it has been done before, I'm already subscribed to many of them. But I'm sure you can make it worthwhile by experimenting with original ideas. It's very likely there are a big deal of toy channels awsell, but I'm not subscribed to any. ;)

Different formats, making a big video about for example LAN gaming (which games to pick, etc etc), making a sum up video of a certain genre with some big and small titles? Making the top 5 games from the Linustechtips crew? different platforms, old games? Looking at games in alpha, Beta, upcoming titles, free to play games? Getting to know good old/unknown games would be awsome! Android games? Or making a mix with the hardware side? Trying new technologies/pheripherals like steam inhome streaming/ocullus/SHIELD and giving us some handson previews? There are countless ways to make a good, fresh and innovative (partial) gaming channel and I'm confident you will!

The best option for everyone is both,

stating that currently there are alot of gaming channels on youtube doesnt reflect the real picture, since most of the ppl who view gaming content they are searching for specific thing and normally they dont subscribe to the channel even if they watch few videos from that channel, but in the case of Linustechtips you guys already have viewers that would subscribe to any new channel you open just because you guys made that channel, thus the element of competition is somewhat have less of a factor now. ofc what i just said involves the subscribers of the first few days of the channel, and to keep those or get even more subscribes the content have to be good.

now for toys, what we love to see in the toys videos is linus going around playing with some toy, the truth is the most interesting part of the video is how linus interact with the toy rather than the toy it self, because i bet not alot of ppl going to buy the toy but still they would love to watch the video.

in terms of how to keep the content of the channel good in quality, the toys videos have to be a video of 5-12 mins and with not much editing so u guys dont have to waste time on it anyway and still will be good to watch, and for gaming videos the content have to be short 3-5mins with a lot of editing because thats what ppl really enjoy and thats what shows the video is of good quality " i know the script have to be good and so on, but the truth stays ppl love editing and special effects when it comes to gaming videos".(shorter videos less for for the editor but still do the same job)

Note: guys dont forget lots of ppl currently watch some of ur videos because it involves one of you rather than they like the tech that is being reviewed, like i am not interested in projectors at all but still would watch a projector review made by you guys, my point is ppl watch your videos because they love to watch you, so use that for ur advantage, in starting a channel that really can help push the channel.

Ok i have given this some thought.

I think a Linus Toy channel will do quite well.  I fits in with the Linus brand well if it has a focus on teck/cool (usb adult appendage replacements) toys.

So you will be able to leverage a lot of your existing fan bases which  is needed in-order for your  views to grow quickly to make it worth while.

Remember computers are basically really expensive toys for us geeks.  The younglings on the channel will want to buy the toys and us older geeks have people we know we could buy the toy for if not our self.

On the gaming side

I think it will just be another gaming channel and i don't think it be a Linus channel but more of a Luke thing.  Nothing against Luke he is gamer and if he was staring a gaming channel on his own it would be good, the content would be fine but there are so  many people doing it on you tube right now.  I think it will just be another gaming channel, what does the Linus branding bring to gaming.  I know a lot of the Linus fan base are gamers but i am at the point where i have so start un-subbing from people (allot of them gamers) because I have too many subs and finding video i wanted to watch was becoming difficult.

So in conclusion i think you will make a great toy channel and ok game channel 

Also what ever happened to LinusCatTips?  I saw a few comments and reply on here.  Seems its gone for good, what about a LinusCatTips good bye video to round off the channel.

Some Random (and completely helpful i am sure) Cat based suggestions

• Linus cat toy making.  show where you make home made cat toys then have some benchmark test where you employ you cats to get a rating.  you could also have a special Luke based benchmark where you throw the toy at luke or leave it in his cup and get a Luke rating with out his knowledge.
  • Dress the cats up and reenact Shakespearean plot chaining scene.  Score the videos based on how much blood is drawn and how cute the outfits are,
  • More LinusCatTips

Toys are really, really awkward to look that since they're...you know...for children...so why are you reviewing them...ugh...

Gaming it's the most boring thing in this format, it's just slick talking for 10 minutes and some gameplay clips lol

I think you guys are better off without this channel to be honest, what if you don't get views and keep pumping them out, extra work and nothing from it? I honestly don't know who could keep watching that over and over...but your choice i guess...

think about sponsorship. i think it's way more likely that a games company will sponsor you than a toy company.

I think it's great that you guys are diversifying the channel, however I don't think game reviews/recommendations would work very well when there are already so many great game reviewers on YouTube. A toys channel could be interesting; or maybe have both but just have quick recommendations of games that you played and enjoyed, not long winded reviews that people would instead go to TotalBiscuit for. Keep creating the great content :)