Does she like me?

iiNrG

Ok, so I really like this girl at my school, but we don't speak at school, it's hard to explain, but we always seem to be in different classes, or she's with all her friends at break etc. We started talking on facebook last week, and it went well. She ended up giving me her number, and we were texting. I asked her if she wanted to go see a movie (In about 2 weeks, movie isn't out yet) and she responded enthusiastically.

I sent her a text on wednesday, and didn't get a reply. Same on thursday, I sent her a message on facebook asking if she had seen my texts. No reply, although it doesn't say "Seen". Didn't try yesterday (Friday) and so here I am, confused as F***.

Maybe it's just me, because it's only been a week that we've been talking, but I get the impression that she's ignoring me. I know she does quite a lot of extra-curricular activities, but facebook seems to have said she was online a few times since. Anyone had anything like this before? Is this a bad sign?

LinusTechTips..

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Patience is a virtue.

a life lesson everyone needs to learn and will only ever benefit you.

(just in case you know what i mean : The phrase 'patience is a virtue' simply means that the ability to wait for something or someone without being angry or upset is a good and valuable quality.) dont be hasty.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

LinusTechTips..

its off topic specifically for non tech stuff. no wants/needs ur attitude in these parts.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Unless you threaten her when you asked her out then she wouldn't say yes if she didn't like you

the only person here who have been in contact with the opposite  sex is Linus and slick

everybody else is a god damn liar !!!

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

wow lol i would not send any more messages u will be lucky if she doesnt think your a freak for spamming.

Here's some advice from a man (and I don't say "man" for the macho insinuations of the word but more pertaining to age and experience). Most girls under the age of 25 are impressionable drones and followers. Her friend's approval of you matters more to her than her "feelings" (if any) about you. 

I sent her a text on wednesday, and didn't get a reply. Same on thursday, I sent her a message on facebook asking if she had seen my texts. No reply, although it doesn't say "Seen".

....and don't try again. You've already done too much by asking her on Facebook if she'd gotten your messages. This makes you look desperate and to the female brain desperation = weakness and weakness is not attractive. 

Here's the angle. As previously mentioned, younger girls surround themselves with "the bitch shield" i.e. a group of friends whose job it is to talk her out of doing "dumb" stuff because attractive girls can't do anything alone or without approval (note that they rarely even go to the bathroom alone).  

Let things cool off for a little bit. Pay attention to her clique of friends. Find the least attractive one that seems close to her and try to strike up a friendship with that girl or maybe a few of them or even any guys. The one thing stronger than peer pressure and the need for social status and approval in girl world is JEALOUSY! You will be mixing the two. 

But you have to stay cool. A "real man" (i know you are in school but girls are still attracted to the same things) doesn't need anyone's approval. So, you don't need hers. I know you want it and you know you want it but she CANNOT know you want it. You want her to want your approval. Not the other way around. The one seeking approval has lower social status than the one who already has it. She, therefore, will not want to be with someone who needs hers. Her primate brain desires a climb up the social ladder and you need to make it appear that you are on top of it. 

Ironically, if you pull this off, you will likely attract other females and you may even loose interest in her. But, you will have options and options are always good. Also, don't take none of that shit too seriously. Assuming you aren't dying of cancer or anything, you have plenty of time. 

Good luck. 

When she doesn't answer a text, you wait until she writes again. No matter what. Desperation is fatal, especially with girls that age.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I don't know, does she?

Find her at school and ask her what shes been up to maybe she has been to busy for Facebook also get to know her better and maybe hang out a bit more before you go to the movies. Also trust me women can be annoying sometimes I had this girl just randomly stop talking to me because some stuff happened between her and her boyfriend I mean we where not dating or anything but as friends its kind of shitty when you randomly stop talking to someone so make sure that's not happening to you man because it sucks not knowing why someone wont talk to you.

.....I had this girl just randomly stop talking to me because some stuff happened between her and her boyfriend....

You are probably what happened between her and her boyfriend. 

Find her at school and ask her what shes been up to maybe she has been to busy for Facebook also get to know her better and maybe hang out a bit more before you go to the movies. Also trust me women can be annoying sometimes I had this girl just randomly stop talking to me because some stuff happened between her and her boyfriend I mean we where not dating or anything but as friends its kind of shitty when you randomly stop talking to someone so make sure that's not happening to you man because it sucks not knowing why someone wont talk to you.

Girls don't have straight "guy" friends it always gets complicated between the bf and gf or the friend gets feelings then gets shut down by the girl coz he's in the friend zone then u stop talking that way.

Best way to stay out of the friend zone is to not be a friend. I don't mean to not be friendly. I meant don't allow her to put you in the position of being treated like another one of her "girlfriends". 

Sure, babe, you can call me. No, I don't give a shit what color nail polish you bought at the mall. I don't care what Rachelle said about Sarah. I'm not here for that. I'm here for fun. Let's not talk about how bad your day was. What color panties are you wearing? 

;)

My point is make interest known, make it known early, and take control of what you want the relationship to be. 

You are probably what happened between her and her boyfriend. 

I doubt it because we hardly hung out not to mention I never hit on her so if I was the problem I didn't do anything.

I doubt it because we hardly hung out not to mention I never hit on her so if I was the problem I didn't do anything.

I didn't mean you caused the problem directly. Probably an insecure jealous boyfriend. If she chose to be with him over talking to you, she'd likely never tell you. 

I didn't mean you caused the problem directly. Probably an insecure jealous boyfriend. If she chose to be with him over talking to you, she'd likely never tell you. 

Yea but not that i care anyways because she is kinda stupid. We only talked for a while then she randomly stopped talking to me for a while once I finally got a hold of her she explained it to me and she just said stuff was happening in life that was making it hard to want to talk to "anybody" so after that i was just like "mk well i dont care". personally this is why i don't bother having friends that are girls unless its for a relationship because even if you dont hit on them it will almost always cause problems.

Fedora master race.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Yea but not that i care anyways because she is kinda stupid. We only talked for a while then she randomly stopped talking to me for a while once I finally got a hold of her she explained it to me and she just said stuff was happening in life that was making it hard to want to talk to "anybody" so after that i was just like "mk well i dont care". personally this is why i don't bother having friends that are girls unless its for a relationship because even if you dont hit on them it will almost always cause problems.

They're usually not that interesting to talk to, if I'm honest. If that makes me sexist then guilty as charged. The only females that have anything interesting to say are usually the ugly ones. I can be friends with ugly girls who are smart or funny though because I don't want to bone them. The pretty ones are good to look at for a while but the relationship winds up being long tolerances of boring conversations about superficial bologna in between "relations". 

Off topic. "Non TECH related content only please"

I think he was making a joke that not a lot of people here are likely going to know a lot about girls. :P