Nintendo Issues DMCA Takedowns Against "Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity" Streamers

KnightSirius

nintendo will always be nintendo

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings"
If my comment helped you please mark it as solution. Refresh before you reply, I edit comments often.

Current PC Spec
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 5
Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk
RAM: XPG D10 White 2x8GB 3200 CL16
GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC
Storages: 1x512GB Intel 760P M.2 NVME(boot drive)
1x2TB Umax M1500 Gen4 M.2 NVME(Game storage)
1x1TB Adata SU800 Ultiamte 2.5 inch Sata3 SSD(Game storage)
1x3TB Toshiba 7200RPM CMR drive
Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850
Keyboard: Ducky Zero 3108 Cherry MX red
Mouse: Logitech G603 LightSpeed
Headphone: Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
Microphone: AVerMedia AM310
Flight stick: Thrustmaster T16000M FCS 3 pack

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Value: $308
  • Games owned: 229
  • Games played: 163 (71%)
  • Hours on record: 4,976.9h

All the affected parties should launch a combined counter suit against Nintendo, it might force them to look at the way they handle DMCA.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I agree with Nintendo. The game isn't released. You have a person that is not only a pirate , but also profiting from this.

Consider himself lucky that Nintendo didn't take him to court.

This is also why one should not tell and provide proof on a public forum that you have pirated pictures, as you don't know who is the checking the forum, and you are just asking for problems.

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

I agree with Nintendo. The game isn't released. You have a person that is not only a pirate , but also profiting from this.

This is also why one should not tell and provide proof on a public forum that you have pirated pictures, as you don't know who is the checking the forum, and you are just asking for problems.

Wait, did you even read the OP? Everyone involved owned the game and it was officially released in their time zone.

There was no piracy involved here, at all.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

16 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

The game was released in those regions. So it was a legitimate copy of the game. Nintendo threw a fit because people in other regions were watching the streams where it had not reached the scheduled release date yet. Different timezones, different release times. It should be more Nintendo's fault for not releasing it based on a set timezone.

On 11/19/2020 at 6:59 PM, AlwaysFSX said:

<removed>

No, it's stupid Nintendo. They've always been anti-consumer like this.

I have been saying for years that based on their actions, Nintendo hates you and doesn't want you to be happy.  The Nintendo fanboys usually lose their minds.  There is no denying that Nintendo makes great games, they are just not even remotely consumer friendly.

Nintendo are control freaks - just like Apple.

Considering the costs of legal action in the US - Americans have no fighting chance.

Outside the US that's not a problem,I would migrate the project to a different country.

In my country suing the big guys is no problem - and i have done that once.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

1 hour ago, Warin said:

I have been saying for years that based on their actions, Nintendo hates you and doesn't want you to be happy.  The Nintendo fanboys usually lose their minds.  There is no denying that Nintendo makes great games, they are just not even remotely consumer friendly.

Just look at any half baked console they release :') The Switch is a joke and so is their online service.

28 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Just look at any half baked console they release :') The Switch is a joke and so is their online service.

Interesting take, the numbers would disagree though.

Nintendo have 4 out of the top 10 best selling home consoles of all time (NES, SNES, Wii & Switch), they have 6 of the top 10 best selling handheld consoles of all time (GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS & Switch) and they have 4 of the top 10 overall best selling consoles of all time (GB, GBA, Wii & Switch).

2 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Switch is fine but i agree on online part

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings"
If my comment helped you please mark it as solution. Refresh before you reply, I edit comments often.

Current PC Spec
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 5
Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk
RAM: XPG D10 White 2x8GB 3200 CL16
GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC
Storages: 1x512GB Intel 760P M.2 NVME(boot drive)
1x2TB Umax M1500 Gen4 M.2 NVME(Game storage)
1x1TB Adata SU800 Ultiamte 2.5 inch Sata3 SSD(Game storage)
1x3TB Toshiba 7200RPM CMR drive
Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850
Keyboard: Ducky Zero 3108 Cherry MX red
Mouse: Logitech G603 LightSpeed
Headphone: Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
Microphone: AVerMedia AM310
Flight stick: Thrustmaster T16000M FCS 3 pack

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Value: $308
  • Games owned: 229
  • Games played: 163 (71%)
  • Hours on record: 4,976.9h

Say 1 bad thing about their game and they DMCA your ass any day and goodbye streaming/youtube channel and career.

Not worth it anymore, people should band up to demand a protection law for this.

On 11/20/2020 at 5:25 AM, Dabombinable said:

Yet another reason to not buy a Switch (after the Pokemon Company milking people buying Sword and Shield worse than EA with Fifa).

Me and my cousin wanted to buy a Switch to play co-op games like Donkey Kong and Super Mario but due to Nintendo their shitty logics and tactics, I refuse it. I boycot companies like Nintendo.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

9 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Interesting take, the numbers would disagree though.

Nintendo have 4 out of the top 10 best selling home consoles of all time (NES, SNES, Wii & Switch), they have 6 of the top 10 best selling handheld consoles of all time (GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS & Switch) and they have 4 of the top 10 overall best selling consoles of all time (GB, GBA, Wii & Switch).

People gobbling up 1st party titles doesn't mean Nintendo's software and online services aren't garbage though, because they are. The Switch is an unfinished console with the UI and UX and oh my GOD is their online setup terrible. XBL back in 2002 was more functional! Nobody holds Nintendo to the same standard they do other companies and it boggles my mind with the garbage they'll accept.

7 hours ago, Morris_lee_9116 said:

Switch is fine but i agree on online part

Missing features and lazily designed UI/UX but sure.

This isn't the first time Nintendo has done something like this and certainly won't be their last. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

11 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

People gobbling up 1st party titles doesn't mean Nintendo's software and online services aren't garbage though, because they are. The Switch is an unfinished console with the UI and UX and oh my GOD is their online setup terrible. XBL back in 2002 was more functional! Nobody holds Nintendo to the same standard they do other companies and it boggles my mind with the garbage they'll accept.

Yeah, I agree with you on the software and online side of things 100%. Nintendo first party games though are almost always a step above everything else.

11 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Yeah, I agree with you on the software and online side of things 100%. Nintendo first party games though are almost always a step above everything else.

My problem is when I want to do anything to play with my friends, it's a nightmare. Nintendo shouldn't be given money or passes as much as they are.

Spoiler

Bike Fall Meme Generator - Imgflip

Just needs "Damned Twitch Streamers" in as a caption.

Is anyone really surprised?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I don't think i'll be buying anything Nintendo for a while, fuck them.

Selling my Switch for a PS5 as soon as I possibly can.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

As someone who didn't play Nintendo games during my childhood, it's impressive to me how much loyalty people can have to a company that is very clearly on the way out and is turning very violent on its death throes.

This is not the first time Nintendo decides to make a move that suggests they're constantly in the defensive and it makes them look desperate. That's my perspective.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 minutes ago, Energycore said:

As someone who didn't play Nintendo games during my childhood, it's impressive to me how much loyalty people can have to a company that is very clearly on the way out and is turning very violent on its death throes.

This is not the first time Nintendo decides to make a move that suggests they're constantly in the defensive and it makes them look desperate. That's my perspective.

What makes you think Nintendo are on their way out? They have more than enough money to survive for a long time plus a 1/3 share in the Pokemon company.

3 minutes ago, Energycore said:

As another person who also didn’t I’m not sure at all that Nintendo is on its way out. It DOES have a different model: games for children that are well done combined with hardware that is easy to use.  There are costs for this apparently, but my understanding is the switch really pwned.  It sold very very well.  Where Nintendo did not do well here is it did a stupid with the DMCA. The company did itself zero favors here.  I’m not sure how that applies to it’s hardware though.  It is in the ditch a bit from the Wii U. The original wii did pretty good though. If their next two consoles suck though they could be in really serious trouble.  Not quite Atari or Sega trouble, but trouble.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 11/21/2020 at 8:13 PM, Bombastinator said:

As another person who also didn’t I’m not sure at all that Nintendo is on its way out. It DOES have a different model: games for children that are well done combined with hardware that is easy to use.  There are costs for this apparently, but my understanding is the switch really pwned.  It sold very very well.  Where Nintendo did not do well here is it did a stupid with the DMCA. The company did itself zero favors here.  I’m not sure how that applies to it’s hardware though.  It is in the ditch a bit from the Wii U. The original wii did pretty good though. If their next two consoles suck though they could be in really serious trouble.  Not quite Atari or Sega trouble, but trouble.

Nintendo would be fine. During the WiiU days someone worked out that if Nintendo operated at the same expenditure and took in 0 profit they'd be fine for decades. You're also forgetting the DS.

Nintendo don't have to make hardware, they could literally just launch Breath of the Wild on every platform and count the money to the end of the decade. They make hardware because they like to push new ways to do things which you can't do as a 3rd party.

Also if you think Nintendo games are for children you haven't gone for 100% in a lot of them. Some levels in the games are downright sadistic.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

34 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Nintendo would be fine. During the WiiU days someone worked out that if Nintendo operated at the same expenditure and took in 0 profit they'd be fine for decades. You're also forgetting the DS.

Nintendo don't have to make hardware, they could literally just launch Breath of the Wild on every platform and count the money to the end of the decade. They make hardware because they like to push new ways to do things which you can't do as a 3rd party.

Also if you think Nintendo games are for children you haven't gone for 100% in a lot of them. Some levels in the games are downright sadistic.

For children is perhaps a misnomer.  Much like old Warner brothers cartoons and the muppet show they are dual level.  “Accessible by children” would perhaps be a better term. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

For children is perhaps a misnomer.  Much like old Warner brothers cartoons and the muppet show they are dual level.  “Accessible by children” would perhaps be a better term. 

Think more children play Call of duty than Mario these days tbh.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?