LTT 6000 series unboxing

terminalinfinity

I love Anthony, he's really improved the channel but this might be my first criticism:

"Its only $80 less than the 6800xt what is AMD smoking right now?"

What AMD is smoking is the idea that Nvidia is holding out slots in their lineup between the cards they've released to see what AMD has and position their cards against it, so AMD is is betting on that and launching a pre-emptively launching a card against a hypothetical 3070ti.

Which, if the recent rumor mill that was right about the 3080ti is to believed, was a good move.

Just like it was a good move to force Nvidia's hand with a 3080ti.  Thereby shattering their attempt to regain "good guy" points with this release (as if it needed anymore pounding into the ground with how the launch was handled)

Whatever Nvidia releases the 3070ti at, AMD can respond if needed w/ price cut to 3070 level

Literal 4D chess unfolding.

6 minutes ago, terminalinfinity said:

"Its only $80 less than the 6800xt what is AMD smoking right now?"

That and it's $80 more than the 3070, which AMD is saying it's superior to. I think the 6800 price is pretty reasonable. However:

8 minutes ago, terminalinfinity said:

AMD is is betting on that and launching a pre-emptively launching a card against a hypothetical 3070ti.

Steve from GN said he's gotten word that the "ti" SKUs of the lineup have been cancelled, so don't expect those 20GB cards to come to the market any time soon.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

That and it's $80 more than the 3070, which AMD is saying it's superior to. I think the 6800 price is pretty reasonable. However:

Steve from GN said he's gotten word that the "ti" SKUs of the lineup have been cancelled, so don't expect those 20GB cards to come to the market any time soon.

My source is Moore's law is dead who has been dead on so far with 99% of what he's said

Also this was just posted 5 days ago, whereas GN was in October?  I think

https://www.techpowerup.com/274505/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-landing-in-january-at-usd-999

So conflicting info at best.
Moore's law video from 5 days ago

image.thumb.png.f906e716a0793bd95327e77b883556b5.png

1 minute ago, terminalinfinity said:

My source is Moore's law is dead

with silicon i'd say so , after that whos knows

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

80$ is still a lot to a lot of people. makes a difference

$80 buys a fun evening from the dealer on the corner!

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

15 minutes ago, terminalinfinity said:

My source is Moore's law is dead who has been dead on so far with 99% of what he's said

ssb6bwxqm4311.thumb.jpg.8e927d2d225cc601ae5fe0ff2596e6b4.jpg

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

1 minute ago, Mateyyy said:

ssb6bwxqm4311.thumb.jpg.8e927d2d225cc601ae5fe0ff2596e6b4.jpg

So its okay to source Steve from GN but not another youtube channel that has interviewed people from AMD, Nvidia and other major vendors publicly?

Not sure I understand

2 minutes ago, terminalinfinity said:

So its okay to source Steve from GN but not another youtube channel that has interviewed people from AMD, Nvidia and other major vendors publicly?

Not sure I understand

One of them provides detailed, real, legitimate information, whereas the other talks about what he dreamt last night.

On that note, the "has been dead on so far with 99% of what he's said" is, erm... well, how should I put it.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

6 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

One of them provides detailed, real, legitimate information, whereas the other talks about what he dreamt last night.

On that note, the "has been dead on so far with 99% of what he's said" is, erm... well, how should I put it.

A lot of this can be simply attributed to being early in the leak game.  That's the problem with trying to find out things this way and separate BSers from people with actual inside knowledge.

AMD, Nvidia and Intel intentionally leak false info through their own employees and even AIB partners to throw each other off.  Like I fully believe the 20% over a 2080ti was a figure AMD was intentionally floating out there for the 6900 to make Nvidia think they had this in the bag.  100%, especially after the "jebaited" tweets

To be fair though, this is a little eye opening and makes me wonder.  Thanks for the link.

However, I did post a second source validating the 3080ti was coming (tech power up) and the article is newer than Steve's "20GB tis are not coming" video

@2:27 "that looks and feels very nice, it's solid but has curves to it", that's what she said anthony lol

also come on people, stop citing rumour channels as your sources

On 9/8/2020 at 4:53 PM, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

He's as legit as AdoredTV which means no lol 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

thats if any 3070s are at MSRP which last time I looked none were

the best bang for your buck and value stuff was so dumb. it mostly seem to be him mentioning NVIDIA features like RTX voice and better encoders. I know the encoders changed for 6000 GPUs.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

12 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

I know the encoders changed for 6000 GPUs.

Tbh that's what I'm most curious for. I really want to see if Nvidia can still claim any feature set advantage over AMD because right now the only things are NVENC (because it's a lot better), RTX voice, and tensor cores (the latter two being very closely related)

AMD has a match for DLSS, RTX, variable refresh rate, multi GPU, it's really hard for Nvidia to claim a robust suite advantage over AMD. On top of that, these new cards are Navi based and reviewers have had them for over a week, so driver stability is significantly further improved over 5000 series.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I want reviews and stock

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

4 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

the 20gb sku had been canceled, but it looks like a new ti has been releaked, unless it has been cancled again?

2 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

RTX voice

Wasnt there a theory that this could be ported to the pre rdna (1) amd gpus?

4 hours ago, terminalinfinity said:

Its only $80 less than the 6800xt what is AMD smoking right now?"

if their pref is accurate (from the slides) it costs like 20% more for ~20% faster (than the 3070)

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Wasnt there a theory that this could be ported to the pre rdna (1) amd gpus?

I would imagine it's actually quite easy to accomplish, if the are using the tensor cores then it's just matrix operations (which makes sense since filtering matrices are extremely common and straightforward) and if the ray accelerators in RDNA do the same thing as tensor cores then it's absolutely within scope. As for pre RDNA hardware for de-noising, there's more than one way to skin a cat so I don't think it would be difficult to implement. Don't the GTX cards also have the ability to use RTX voice, with some even modding drivers for 900 series cards?

13 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

if their pref is accurate (from the slides) it costs like 20% more for ~20% faster (than the 3070)

to say nothing of total system cost. 20% more for the card but 5% more for the entire PC, if you're building from scratch.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Don't the GTX cards also have the ability to use RTX voice, with some even modding drivers for 900 series cards?

yep 
(first resault when googled)

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

to say nothing of total system cost. 20% more for the card but 5% more for the entire PC, if you're building from scratch.

THats true. But its not like its a = gpu for 20% more, which is soewhat a good thing.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

yep 

I can't believe it didn't occur to me unit just now but DLSS is likely a very sophisticated averaging filter algorithm as well. RTX and DLSS and RTX voice are all matrix operations, tensor cores are phenomenal at matrix algebra

still not sure why they grabbed some of the tensor cores on the GPU and designated them as "RT CORES" though, and won't allow regular tensor cores to do the RTX stuff. It would make the Titan V quite the competent RTX card, the thing has loads of tensor cores.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

I can't believe it didn't occur to me unit just now but DLSS is likely a very sophisticated averaging filter algorithm as well. RTX and DLSS and RTX voice are all matrix operations, tensor cores are phenomenal at matrix algebra

still not sure why they grabbed some of the tensor cores on the GPU and designated them as "RT CORES" though, and won't allow regular tensor cores to do the RTX stuff. It would make the Titan V quite the competent RTX card, the thing has loads of tensor cores.

yeah, it could be better than the 3090

I think part of it is that rt cores are slightly diffrent, and are somewhat purpose built. But that doesnt mean that the tensors couldn be used for rt acceleration on the gtx cards that just use software to do rtx.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

4 hours ago, emosun said:

80$ is still a lot to a lot of people. makes a difference

When you're spending $600 on a graphic card, does $80 really make that much of a difference, really? I think not when you're getting a much better card in the end. You're already spending massive amount of money on it.

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

I think part of it is that rt cores are slightly diffrent

when the 20 series came out I was trying to find out what made the RT cores and tensor cores different but I couldn't find out what they didn't have in common. If they had a key difference in their design I'd love to know what it was.

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

when the 20 series came out I was trying to find out what made the RT cores and tensor cores different but I couldn't find out what they didn't have in common. If they had a key difference in their design I'd love to know what it was.

all I can find is that they are much more sophisticated tensor cores, not much else. and I dont have the time to go through architecture day events for 20xx 30xx (which hasnt happened yet) and 10xx cards right now. (or ever tbh)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

When you're spending $600 on a graphic card, does $80 really make that much of a difference, really?

I equate it to gasoline a lot , so it's more like 3000lbs moved 800 miles across the surface of the earth.

Now if I can pay you 80$ to push my car 800 miles by yourself .... then I'll stop using gas as a comparison. lol

1 minute ago, emosun said:

Now if I can pay you 80$ to push my car 800 miles by yourself .... then I'll stop using gas as a comparison. lol

i would do it if its 800 miles down hill lol.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, emosun said:

I equate it to gasoline a lot , so it's more like 3000lbs moved 800 miles across the surface of the earth.

I wouldn't know, I don't operate in pounds and miles so it may just as well be a meter and a half... :P