Watch Dogs' Minimum Specs Revealed -- You'll need at least 6GB RAM to play

minimalist

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/12/watch-dogs-minimum-specs-revealed

• Processor: IntelCore 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz or AMDPhenom II X4 940 3.0Ghz
  • Memory: 6GB RAM
  • Video card: 1024 VRAM DirectX 11 Shader 5.0
  • Sound Card: DirectX9
  • Hard drive: 25 GB

Looks like that 8GB minimum everyone says you'll need is gonna be going by the wayside faster than we anticipated.  

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

I really doubt that. 

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

I really doubt that. 

Why would the creative director list that as the minimum requirements then?  I'm sure he could be wrong but I don't think it's unrealistic if true.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Bull. Shit.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

That CPU spec and minimum ram requirement look off to me, but meh. We'll find out soon enough

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

They can post whatever they want as the "minimum". It's not accurate, it's a recommendation.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Why does the CPU sound off?
Did you guys see the XboxOne/Ps4 CPU it's a 1,8Ghz AMD APU.

Also DX11 only is good to hear.
Finally DX9-DX10 dies.

RTX2070OC 

Why so much ram for minimum specs? 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Why would the creative director list that as the minimum requirements then?  I'm sure he could be wrong but I don't think it's unrealistic if true.

Remember what happened with cod ghosts?

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Why does the CPU sound off?

Did you guys see the XboxOne/Ps4 CPU it's a 1,8Ghz AMD APU.

Also DX11 only is good to hear.

Finally DX9-DX10 dies.

It's an 8 core. And all cores are utilized for gaming load. So i guess never compare the two :D

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Remember what happened with cod ghosts?

Nope because I didn't follow a single thing that came out about that crap franchise. :D

Wasn't there a hyped release of a game that required ridiculous amounts of RAM but turned out to be an absolute farce recently? Oh wait...

Nope because I didn't follow a single thing that came out about that crap franchise. :D

pretty much the publisher put a lock on the game so if you did not have 6gb or more of ram then the game would not start. Then some people cracked the lock and the game ran fine on 4 and did not even max out the ram.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

It's an 8 core. And all cores are utilized for gaming load. So i guess never compare the two :D

Some of the cores are reserved for the OS. But still, they utilize with everything they have and optimize it.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

pretty much the publisher put a lock on the game so if you did not have 6gb or more of ram then the game would not start. Then some people cracked the lock and the game ran fine on 4 and did not even max out the ram.

Weird. Why say that then?

Weird. Why say that then?

because you couldnt play the game without 6gb ram. because they didn t want you to for only the :

look the specs are high for this game it must have good graphics for once in a cod game

effect, of course it didnt , it s only another ugly cod game.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

Wasn't there a hyped release of a game that required ridiculous amounts of RAM but turned out to be an absolute farse recently? Oh wait...

P.S love how farse is not in the dictionary

Not to be "that guy" but it's "farce" not "farse". Also, it's a weird word to use in a sentence; Final Fantasy XIII had Yaag Rosch saying it multiple times and it was just so awkward since the game's set in a sci-fi setting. In FFXII or even FFX, "farce" would be easier since those are more fantasy, medieval, renaissance, ancient Roman themed games than a future, sci-fi game.

Anyway, since Watch_Dogs has a huge open-world, I'm going to assume that the 6GB RAM minimum thing is for the amount of AI, if that's what RAM does, well not by itself, the CPU and GPU must work too, but RAM plays an important role in AI, right? Hmm, most open-world games in the past didn't have a huge amount of people and we might not see a mob of people like in Akihabara or New York, but it seems like it's going to grow beyond say, 10 to 20 people on screen at a time to 20 to maybe 40 people on screen. That's if it's pure numbers rather than AI with various and unique AI.

Speaking of which, Batman: Arkham Knight was said to have tons of people on screen, I wonder if it's going to have a 6GB RAM minimum requirement as well? Well, if it's optimized enough, it might not, but that's much more difficult on PC than on consoles which are uniform systems while PCs are infinitely varied.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

25GB.... well that will only take a month for me to download.....

Or about 30 minutes for me.

;)

But back on topic though, my computer can handle it, so it doesn't bother me that much, although I don't think that 6GB of RAM will really be necessary. Look at Call of Duty: Ghosts, for example. The recommended RAM is what, 8GB I believe? The game doesn't even use 4GB of RAM when running. 

COMIC SANS