Watch Dogs' Minimum Specs Revealed -- You'll need at least 6GB RAM to play

minimalist

A Core 2 Quad and 6GB of RAM...

Why so much ram for minimum specs? 

My guess? Because on the console it is unified for VRAM/Sysram. It can swing either way when needed. The new DirectX on Win 8.1 does this, Mantle does, new OpenGL can. With the new DirectX (which they didn't go because the minority is running Win 8) it would be closer to 4 with Vram shared.

This is the dev just being lazy. Expect a lot of it. You are just going to need 8 gigs of ram this gen and it appears a DirectX 11 card on any title where the dev is lazy.

Otherwise they would have to require Win 8, and I think 4 gigs of ram would be enough but who knows. You can blame the dev for being lazy, Windows for keeping 11.2 a Win 8 exclusive, or the dev for sticking with DirectX. Take your pick. Not much we can do about it though. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

25GB.... well that will only take a month for me to download.....

the hell do you want? you want better graphics right? expect larger downloads, BF3/4 were lik 30 ish gigs with dlc, titan fall was what, 50gb? (but that was from stupid audio files ;-;)

physical copies still exist, calm yo teats 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

the hell do you want? you want better graphics right? expect larger downloads, BF3/4 were lik 30 ish gigs with dlc, titan fall was what, 50gb? (but that was from stupid audio files ;- ;)

physical copies still exist, calm yo teats 

I was just joking, it will only take about 3-4 days....

I was just joking, it will only take about 3-4 days....

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure ;p

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

So they are going to pull a COD:Ghosts?

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Noooo! My Q8200 isn't enough. Looks like its time to put it to sleep...(Pun intended)

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Some of the cores are reserved for the OS. But still, they utilize with everything they have and optimize it.

I think this one applies to the xbone. For as far as i know PS4 utilizes all cores in gaming load. :D

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

P.S love how farse is not in the dictionary

Maybe because it's spelled "Farce".

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

You know they still release physical copies of games? :P

That CPU spec and minimum ram requirement look off to me, but meh. We'll find out soon enough

Technically speaking, max of ~4GB for OS/background processes + minimum of ~2GB for the game doesn't really sound all that off if the CPU reqs are that low.

Maybe because it's spelled "Farce".

Well, I guess uncle google translate went to the wrong language from auto-detect. my bad.

Why? I call BS on this. No way a game that was aiming for consoles in the first place will use this much RAM. Why are they going all CoD on this? Stupid.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Its COD Ghosts all over again, all the bullshit. 

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

Guys. You're comparing an inferior graphics engine (COD Ghosts) to a quite clearly far superior graphics engine (WatchDogs).

I have a feeling that if Ubisoft says it requires 6GBs of RAM then it must need 6GBs of RAM.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Its COD Ghosts all over again, all the bullshit. 

Dude, why are you so worked up about nothing today?

I see you ranting over at Razer Blade 14 thread as well now. Chill, we're all friends here.

Also, on topic: If Ubisoft says 6gigs is required as minimum, I'd guess 8gigs would be optimal. It's just how stuff goes. You could go overkill with 16gigs, and why not? If you want premium performance you need to pay premium. I said some time ago that 8gigs will soon become a new standard for A-list PC games.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

Dude, why are you so worked up about nothing today?

I see you ranting over at Razer Blade 14 thread as well now. Chill, we're all friends here.

I'm not worked up at all, its hard to convey tone over the internet. I wasn't ranting, I was discussing. If I was on a hate train you'd know. But this is the same that COD:G did, high RAM requirements to make the game look next gen. And when it finally came out a quick hack proved the game was run perfectly fine on 4GB and revealed the memory leak the game had which caused the game to crash but the higher memory you had the longer that took. 

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

after going trough titanfall this is nothing though the game was an actual 21gb download

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I'm not worked up at all, its hard to convey tone over the internet. I wasn't ranting, I was discussing. If I was on a hate train you'd know. But this is the same that COD:G did, high RAM requirements to make the game look next gen. And when it finally came out a quick hack proved the game was run perfectly fine on 4GB and revealed the memory leak the game had which caused the game to crash but the higher memory you had the longer that took. 

Fair enough :)

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

How do you know it's the same thing if you have zero evidence that it is the same thing again? Ghosts has small maps, shitty graphics, poor optimization, etc. Watch Dogs is a huge open world, great graphics (the early demos were run on high-end PC's and looked great), and was delayed to polish and optimize the game. Being concerned that it's the same thing as Ghosts doesn't make it true. I'd say if any game requires that much memory, it's a huge "next-gen", open-world game. But we will see.

Edit: and with your system specs, I wouldn't be concerned with the minimum requirements lol. 

Could always just buy a physical copy of the game. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

they pulled a call of duty......

Because they need to. Unlike Call of duty.

Watch_Dogs = Open world, high end graphics and lots of NPC's

COD = Eww

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

they pulled a call of duty......

you meant to say... call of dooty

-Cue rimshot.

atleast its less bs than COD ghosts xD

Character artist in the Games industry.