Food & Cooking

whm1974

I wasn't aware that Peanut Butter on Hamburger is now a thing.

If I didn't know already, I never would have believed chicken and waffles would be either but there it is.....

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

4 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

If I didn't know already, I never would have believed chicken and waffles would be either but there it is.....

We have those in the US. To my Knowledge, it is mostly an African American thing.

1 hour ago, whm1974 said:

We have those in the US. To my Knowledge, it is mostly an African American thing.

More of a southern thing. Just like grits.

By the way deep fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches are heaven. Personally I go for peanut butter and mullberry or boysenberry.

You're all animals!

*Eats a bowl of grape nuts*

CPU: Ryzen 5900X | GPU: ASRock 6900XT | Drive: SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 1TB (x2) | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 64GB DDR4 3600 14-15-15-35 | MB: MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut | Case: Fractal Design Define 7

Yes, I share it with friends, and bought this at MSRP.  I was a listmaster for several days in NY.

On 6/11/2021 at 12:25 PM, Skiiwee29 said:

While on Vacation I tried a Peanut Butter bacon burger.. and damn was it delicious!

Oh yeah dude, peanut butter on a hamburger is surprisingly awesome. 

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |

20 hours ago, Dylanc1500 said:

More of a southern thing. Just like grits.

By the way deep fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches are heaven. Personally I go for peanut butter and mullberry or boysenberry.

I see. How did Chicken and Waffles get started anyway?

• 2 weeks later...

Reading this Number 8, I'm wondering if one can get this and by what other names:

https://listverse.com/2010/03/26/top-10-bizarre-products/

The Article doesn't mention what the "Fruit Loaf" is called in Germany. Surly not Hitler's Bacon. I'm thinking that this a Fruit Preserve in the form of Loaves and not in Jars. Anyone had this and worth eating?

Just now, Murasaki said:

I saw this from the forum index page and was super confused.

In Hungaria during WWII the Solders there called this  Hitlerszalonna after Germany give them Rations. 

I've heard that kind of thing referred to as "fruit leather" these days.  

Just now, si1enze said:

I've heard that kind of thing referred to as "fruit leather" these days.  

Isn't that Roll Ups? I guess it could come in a loaf.

3 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

Isn't that Roll Ups? I guess it could come in a loaf.

That's the modern overly-sugared kid friendly version of it.  When I was young, I can't recall the name, but some hippy friends of my mothers had it thick and with almost no sugar, but it was still really good.  Depends on how it's made.

2 minutes ago, si1enze said:

That's the modern overly-sugared kid friendly version of it.  When I was young, I can't recall the name, but some hippy friends of my mothers had it thick and with almost no sugar, but it was still really good.  Depends on how it's made.

Well I'm Diabetic and I would highly preferred the No Sugar Added. Perhaps a mix of both Fruits and Veggies?

I literally typed 'Hitler Bacon' into Google and the first result was the Wikipedia page that clearly states "Hitlerszalonna, sold today as "sütésálló lekvár" (ovenproof jam)"

You then search for 'sütésálló lekvár' and you get a million results of purchasable food products.

1769155591_szilva-lekv-r-s-t-s-ll-500g-2502-p1.jpg.99d6e47a791a5596ac63a73291e60080.jpg

This post was brought to you by 'Making the absolute bare minimum effort to acquire new information.'

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

1 minute ago, CerealExperimentsLain said:

I literally typed 'Hitler Bacon' into Google and the first result was the Wikipedia page that clearly states "Hitlerszalonna, sold today as "sütésálló lekvár" (ovenproof jam)"

You then search for 'sütésálló lekvár' and you get a million results of purchasable food products.

375580037_rel20stsll20sbarack20lekvr1.jpg.e8115bbb82cc5ff6df6c7ca78c34999d.jpg

This post was brought to you by 'Making the absolute bare minimum effort to acquire new information.'

I was using Yahoo and took a look at Amazon.

4 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Why is it called bacon if it's not bacon?

Blame Hungarians Solders in WWII...  Szalonna is a form of Pork Bacon. 

wow random curious stuff that you do learn on the forum

hitler's bacons

Edit: Now that I do think about it, seems similar to "lokume"s but without the added sugar in the surface, dunno if it's the same thing

You all are talking about this "hitler bacon" and I'm just here questioning life as I find out about "HUFU".

Thank God it seems to have been a non-existent product in the end.

Spoiler

image.png.b6cddb48f774c9f7046b6e39d988e4e8.png

But I must say, I already knew about #2 and #1 on that list.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

25 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

You all are talking about this "hitler bacon" and I'm just here questioning life as I find out about "HUFU".

Thank God it seems to have been a non-existent product in the end.

Hide contents

image.png.b6cddb48f774c9f7046b6e39d988e4e8.png

But I must say, I already knew about #2 and #1 on that list.

It is supposedly made from Soy. So this Mock Human Flesh could exist. So if Police get 911 calls about a Stay Dog running around with a Human leg complete with Foot, how would they respond?

• 2 weeks later...

So I making another Bacon Pie and forgot the onion. Almost did that with Black Pepper... 2 1/2 to 3 Hours...

Next Time it will be Okra and Bacon Pieces. If I find a bag of it that is. How come Okra isn't common in IL?

12 hours ago, SGT-AMD said:

In Before The Status Lock........5,4,3,2,1

Must I put Pictures up?

4 hours ago, Benji said:

No, you must follow the guidelines.

Most of your food-related threads did incite conversation. This one doesn't seem like it does. And when something doesn't really fit the "makes conversation and fits in this forum" criteria, it is better suited as a status update. They're made for quick little things.

Sorry I meant to post more. I'll post a picture of the Pie from Imgur.

vlcsnap-01649.jpg