Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel

Coffee is disgusting, Alcohol is gross until it hits at least 30%, Humus is nasty, Chickpeas are like sand, Malta is a severely underrated drink, Beer is gross, Prunes are unfairly disdained.

37 minutes ago, SGT-AMD said:

Is that Salt with half the sodium?

Are we going to go into chemical definitions of a salt now?  Yay still insufficiently exact English.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

40 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

No Recipe, just decided to try it. I didn't taste any difference, but only used one piece.

BTW, what do they do the left over salt from Salt Packed Anchovies? I found company who sells the stuff, but the only one.

I could just buy a can of Salt Packed Anchovies and reuse the salt....

Brine packed might be a better term.  The salt will be fishy.  There’s a Swedish dish called gravlacks(sp?) iirc that is salmon packed in salt and dill.  The salt is more or less inedible afterwards and is probably best on sidewalks.  Actual granular salt will suck moisture from something.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

43 minutes ago, KingofMemes said:

faster performance for a lower price. Still the same cores and threads. I meant better value btw. 

That’s the thing the one that’s cheaper is the one that’s better, and prices seem to be pretty random lately.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

That’s the thing the one that’s cheaper is the one that’s better, and prices seem to be pretty random lately.

yeah, the 3600 used to be $175, and the 2600 used to be $119. I watched this video I bitwit where the RX 5700 XT was only $380 and i almost cried bc the prices are ridiculous as fuck

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

1 hour ago, SGT-AMD said:

It's an old joke with my ex wife. Salt with half the sodium is sea salt.

I never knew that before making that joke

This is not worth calling out your wife, but All salt was at one time sea salt.  NaCl is NaCl.  The only differences are granule shape and impurity type.  “Table salt” in most countries these days is treated with iodine to keep the populace from getting goiters, and “kosher salt” has flake like granules which can be useful for some cooking.  There is basically no change in sodium amount unless one of the impurities contains sodium.  “Pink salt”, and “black salt” are all salt with different kinds and different amounts of impurities.

3 hours ago, Bitter said:

Sea salt is salt with fish poop in it for added flavor.

All salt is sea salt.  Mined salt is sea salt left over from when the sea was somewhere else.   So prehistoric fish poop.  I think of sea salt as merely non-iodized salt. 

11 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

All salt is sea salt.  Mined salt is sea salt left over from when the sea was somewhere else.   So prehistoric fish poop.  I think of sea salt as merely non-iodized salt. 

Not all salt is sea salt, you can make salt directly by combining the elements.

Iron Maiden with Blaze Bayley was actually good.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

4 hours ago, Bitter said:

Not all salt is sea salt, you can make salt directly by combining the elements.

Is it possible to make table salt from sodium metal and chlorine?  Sure.  Sodium metal is wildly expensive though while table salt is wildly cheap.  Fractional cost of even the chlorine, which is much cheaper than the sodium. They literally mine it from prehistoric ocean bottom.  There’s a lot of it in Poland iirc.  Britian produces a lot of sea salt from a multi hundred year old pan system in London. It’s done I suppose for science class demonstrations and whatnot but synthetic NaCl isn’t something you’re going to find at your local grocery.  Or even sold as salt anywhere.  

8 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Is it possible to make table salt from sodium metal and chlorine?  Sure.  Sodium metal is wildly expensive though while table salt is wildly cheap.  Fractional cost of even the chlorine, which is much cheaper than the sodium. They literally mine it from prehistoric ocean bottom.  There’s a lot of it in Poland iirc.  Britian produces a lot of sea salt from a multi hundred year old pan system in London. It’s done I suppose for science class demonstrations and whatnot but synthetic NaCl isn’t something you’re going to find at your local grocery.  Or even sold as salt anywhere.  

We don't generally make it for consumption however we don't have to, nature has already taken care of that for us. The town I was born in is on a huge salt flat and is one of 3 local towns that have (or had in the past) salt mines.

What is sold in the shops as "table salt" is mostly mined from the Earth and it is pure NaCl (they generally add about 1% anti caking agent to it to stop it from forming clumps).

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

6 AM is best time to wake up jk.

Old logo’s with the fancy stuff is better than the new “user friendly” logos.

woah, it's a signature

1 hour ago, Bramimond said:

2D > 3D

I mean, I half agree with this. 2D is better for my computer and eyes to process, but sometimes, my tiny human brain wants to have some 3D stuff to look at. Maybe that’s why I like the old logos of things, but yeah.

woah, it's a signature

2 hours ago, Bramimond said:

2D > 3D

Heh.  I agree but perhaps not the way you think.

actual 3d tends to make people nauseous, though they appear to be getting a handle on that one.  Apparently high resolution and refresh rate helps.  Still makes me fall over.  Might be something wrong with my inner ear.  “3drendering” is a computer intensive system for doing chiroschiro perspective.  The only stuff that isn’t 2d is the stuff where there are individual systems for each eye. 

On 3/5/2021 at 4:13 PM, whm1974 said:

Anchovies topping on Pizza is great. Those why say that don't like anchovies never had them.

Baker's 100% Dark Chocolate is the best. Hard to find however.

ive never tried anchovies on pizza, but i rly want to. I can never convince my family to get it though lol.

On 3/1/2021 at 11:14 AM, Belac F said:

Most of the time. But I still think undertale is better than most movies and books ive read, because you determine the outcome

agreed, i love the old-school graphics too. oops sry, didnt check the date lol, sry for the necro.

On 3/1/2021 at 10:14 AM, Belac F said:

But I still think undertale is better than most movies and books ive read, because you determine the outcome

Choose Your Own Adventure

elephants

1 minute ago, FakeKGB said:

Choose Your Own Adventure

I read those books until High School. Are they still around?

52 minutes ago, KingofMemes said:

ive never tried anchovies on pizza, but i rly want to. I can never convince my family to get it though lol.

It’s a topping that can ruin a good pizza if not done right I feel.

21 hours ago, Bitter said:

Prunes are unfairly disdained.

Everyone looks at me funny cause I like Prunes. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

22 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

It’s a topping that can ruin a good pizza if not done right I feel.

And how can Anchovies ruin a pizza?