Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
1 minute ago, Tomsta said:

I recall Honda making a Hydrogen car years ago. Why wasn't that put into mainstream production?; obviously they figured out a way to store the Hydrogen

There are hydrogen vehicles in production, for example we have hydrogen buses in the UK.

I imagine it's a case of cost-effectiveness more than anything.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

15 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

There are hydrogen vehicles in production, for example we have hydrogen buses in the UK.

I imagine it's a case of cost-effectiveness more than anything.

I forgot about the London buses that are Hydrogen (I'm from the UK)

I think that everyone should have the right to end their lives if they've had enough of it, of course they'd have to perhaps sit down with a few shrinks just to weed out the people that are temporarily upset over a breakup or whatever but generally speaking, if you can demonstrate that you've truly had enough and your situation probably isn't going to change or get better, why the hell should you be forced to stick around?

And i'm not talking just terminally ill people either. 

3 minutes ago, Benji said:

That doesn't mean that I deserve to end my life just because it is temporarily bad.

I deliberately pointed out that they should have to speak to some shrinks to weed out people with short term/temporary issues but what do you mean "deserve to end your life", it's your fucking life, man..... you should be able to end it if you want to.  

13 hours ago, sub68 said:

that laptop keyboards can/ be better than a actual keyboard

I control my desktop almost exclusively with my laptop these days using mouse without borders.

even my "real" keyboard is still a low-profile scissor switch style (Microsoft surface keyboard)

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

It's totally fine to buy an Intel machine. Not everyone has to buy AMD.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

4 minutes ago, D13H4RD said:

It's totally fine to buy an Intel machine. Not everyone has to buy AMD.

anigif_sub-buzz-12787-1509645577-8.gif

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

28 minutes ago, Totallycasual said:

I think that everyone should have the right to end their lives if they've had enough of it, of course they'd have to perhaps sit down with a few shrinks just to weed out the people that are temporarily upset over a breakup or whatever but generally speaking, if you can demonstrate that you've truly had enough and your situation probably isn't going to change or get better, why the hell should you be forced to stick around?

Problem we have there is that decision like that would need to be made of someone who is of "sound mind" and the people you're referring to might not have that. Take someone who is depressed; nature of depression means you're not thinking clearly. I don't think we should give that kind of decisional power to someone who "isn't in their right mind". Having experienced first hand the aftermath of someone taking that route it's given me a new insight into this area

I do believe in euthanisa but with the cavate that is has to be approved by an external party of 'sound mind'

8 minutes ago, Tomsta said:

Problem we have there is that decision like that would need to be made of someone who is of "sound mind" and the people you're referring to might not have that.

You seem to have completely ignored the part where i said people would need to sit down with some shrinks or whatever to go through a process in order to ensure you've legit had enough and for good reason. 

37 minutes ago, Totallycasual said:

i don't think someone that is truly suicidal to the extent you are insinuating, would go out of their way to "demonstrate" that they are suicidal to a bunch of, effectively "judges", just to get the ok to allow them to kill themselves.

There's nothing physically stopping people from committing suicide for any reason, so I'm not quite sure what your solution really solves.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, Totallycasual said:

You seem to have completely ignored the part where i said people would need to sit down with some shrinks or whatever to go through a process in order to ensure you've legit had enough and for good reason. 

Some issues are very complex. For some people working out "Is this really want you want" can take literal years, i'm imaging in this scenario you're thinking said pereson would spend a few months with a counsellor or therapist. Sometimes that is all that is needed yes, but for the kind of people you're talking about more often than not this is going to take years to 'figure out'

I had that eye opening experience myself when I discovered that after a year of counselling my issues were far from "sorted"

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

There's nothing physically stopping people from committing suicide for any reason, so I'm not quite sure what your solution really solves.

There are people all around the world that endure horrific ends due to botched suicides, loved ones get potentially charged if they knew what was going to happen or tried to assist them, there are a lot of good reasons for having a system in place to allow people to start a process where they can make their case to a board of shrinks or w/e and end their lives peacefully and painlessly. 

2 minutes ago, Totallycasual said:

There are people all around the world that endure horrific ends due to botched suicides, loved ones get potentially charged if they knew what was going to happen or tried to assist them, there are a lot of good reasons for having a system in place to allow people to start a process where they can make their case to a board of shrinks or w/e and end their lives peacefully and painlessly. 

You're referring what what is basically Euthanasia in a round-about way

Just now, Tomsta said:

You're referring what what is basically Euthanasia in a round-about way

More or less but in the countries where it's legal, it's primarily for terminally ill people.  I'm of the opinion that people shouldn't need to be on their deathbed to have made up their minds that they've had enough, it's their life and they should be able to end it legally and peacefully if that's what they want.  

35 minutes ago, Totallycasual said:

More or less but in the countries where it's legal, it's primarily for terminally ill people.  I'm of the opinion that people shouldn't need to be on their deathbed to have made up their minds that they've had enough, it's their life and they should be able to end it legally and peacefully if that's what they want.  

You're misunderstanding the situation, very badly.

The issue doesn't come down to a patients choice, its about liability.

All doctors swear an oath to never knowingly do harm to any patient, assisted suicide has to be done with a cocktail of drugs, only doctors are allowed to use these drugs or authorise their use in any capacity...

I'm sure you can see the ethical and legal conundrum this creates.

Any doctor prescribing drugs to knowingly assist in a suicide is liable for manslaughter.

Edit - most countries have a thing called DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) which allows the patient to sign a form that basically says, once they die they give permission for the doctors to leave them alone and to waive any malpractice from the doctors.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

10 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

You're misunderstanding the situation, very badly.

I'm not misunderstanding, i'm just saying how i think things should be, this discussion asks what you unpopular opinion is and i gave mine, i'm not here to debate the legal framework that exists and its impact upon how i would prefer things to be. 

7 minutes ago, Totallycasual said:

I'm not misunderstanding, i'm just saying how i think things should be, this discussion asks what you unpopular opinion is and i gave mine, i'm not here to debate the legal framework that exists and its impact upon how i would prefer things to be. 

Totally fair point, apologies if I came across a little direct, it wasn't the intention. These kinds of discussions are fascinating to me.

4 hours ago, pythonmegapixel said:

Apple ones used to be decent.

Yes they used to until 2015.

I've tried various others' keyboards - including Asus, Lenovo, that stock one that all the Chromebooks seem to have, Acer and so on - the only ones I've actually liked typing on have been HP.

Hold up

I disagree with the Lenovo somewhat

My school issued thinkpad 11e 3rd gen chromebooks and those had great keyboards.

But my lenovo 500e has one of the worest keyboards I have ever used.

The 500e is something that asus sells under a different name but I don't know what it's called.

But for Dell... don't even get me started!!!

Fair dells chromebooks are horrible keebs.

My mom's dell laptop I can hardly stand the keyboard.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

1 hour ago, Totallycasual said:

There’s an entire branch of medialethics that deals with euthanasia.  There is apparently one European country that already does that.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Benji said:

Yup, assisted suicide is allowed in Switzerland.

should be a whole host of regulation behind it.

Also if you find out a medical worker is... like a few big cases, germany, japan, and a few others.

9 hours ago, Benji said:

Yup, assisted suicide is allowed in Switzerland.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

51 minutes ago, sub68 said:

A whole branch of medical ethics

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

A whole branch of medical ethics

I am cofused

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

2 minutes ago, sub68 said:

I am cofused

This may help:  The pants do not go on after the shoes.  Sorry it’s a 30 year old far side cartoon that still makes me giggle.