LTT Official Folding Month 2020!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Luckily when I said it was almost done, I really meant it. 

For the last time in 2020, ladles and gentlespoons, here a blog post.

And with that said, it's a wrap! Thank you for everyone getting involved, if you'd like to continue talking about folding why not head over to The Folding Community Board

2 minutes ago, Macaw2000 said:

I don't have a way to catch Den-Fi without compromising the design of my folding system. I designed it to 1) run on AWS 2) be the cheapest possible folding solution 3) find the least expensive GPU instances on the spot market 4) auto-scale anywhere in the world. 

I was poking around this morning to see if there was a creative way to boost. Maybe some more exotic machines like V100s far regions were being unused? Nope... didn't find a thing. Looks like it will be a race for the silver medal.

You could pay @Den-Fi for some GPU power so you could catch up to @rodarkone

17 minutes ago, Macaw2000 said:

I don't have a way to catch Den-Fi without compromising the design of my folding system. I designed it to 1) run on AWS 2) be the cheapest possible folding solution 3) find the least expensive GPU instances on the spot market 4) auto-scale anywhere in the world. 

I was poking around this morning to see if there was a creative way to boost. Maybe some more exotic machines like V100s far regions were being unused? Nope... didn't find a thing. Looks like it will be a race for the silver medal.

How about everyone in spots 3-10 all fold under #2s name / API key once we hit day 20 minimum requirements ;) 

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

Just now, d0ks said:

You really want @Den-Fi to bring in more "testing machines"?

I would like very much to see him add approximately another 250million PPD a day. :)

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

5 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

How about everyone in spots 3-10 all fold under #2s name / API key once we hit day 20 minimum requirements ;) 

If you somehow think that I wouldn't go out of my way to crush this dream, I'm afraid you haven't been paying attention.

1 minute ago, LAR_Systems said:

I would like very much to see him add approximately another 250million PPD a day. :)

Might as well rename the event to "Den-Fi Folding Month" :)))

1 minute ago, d0ks said:

Might as well rename the event to "Den-Fi Folding Month" :)))

Nah, it's not about me.

I'm not typically a spotlight person.

It's just amusing for the purpose of making this event fun for everyone to play the bad guy.

2 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

If you somehow think that I wouldn't go out of my way to crush this dream, I'm afraid you haven't been paying attention.

Oh.. I have been paying attention... and I hate diseases... so forcing you to to add another 3X production power is an absolute win.

3 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

Oh.. I have been paying attention... and I hate diseases... so forcing you to to add another 3X production power is an absolute win.

Well since a lot of production is on hold, I do have access to some idle render farms.

But they're in spaces that I don't pay for, so a certain someone would class that as a mercenary.

Spoiler

COUGH MARK COUGH

2 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Well since a lot of production is on hold, I do have access to some idle render farms.

But they're in spaces that I don't pay for, so a certain someone would class that as a mercenary.

Hide contents

COUGH MARK COUGH

would you have to pay for the service?

Just now, NetoriusNick said:

would you have to pay for the service?

It's not a service. They're just bunches of render servers we built for production studio clients we manage. 

Just now, Den-Fi said:

It's not a service. They're just bunches of render servers we built for production studio clients we manage. 

Only mercs if you have to pay for the privilege 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, Den-Fi said:

SPIN THEM UP LETS DESTROY COVID AND CANCER!!!

My EOC F@H stats | My F@H Stats | My Real time F@H Production | My Boinc Stats

My team in point Generation order:

- Bender: Corsair CARBIDE 600C | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | Noctua NH-U14H | 1TB Toshiba SSD | EVGA XC3 Ultra 3070LHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | EVGA FTW 3070FHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 1000 Gold SSR-1000FX | 55" Samsung 120Hz 3D TV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Scooty-Puff: Alienware M15R5 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7-5800H | 64GB DDR4-3200 | PC711 & WD SN750 SE 1TB | 3070M | 240 Watt ACadapter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Omicron_Persei_8: Dell G5 5511 | Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS | Intel i7-11800 | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1x512GB BC711 & 2TB Intel 660p | 3060M | 240 Watt ACadapter

- Calculon (MainTower): Fractal Design Meshify S2 White | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3200 TridentZ RGB | Noctua NH-D15 | 1x SN750SE | AMD 5700XT XFX Rx-57XT8OFF6 | Gigabyte X570 WiFi Pro | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold SSR-750FX | 2x Dell S3422DWG & Dell U2715H & Dell U2917W

- Leela:  Fractal Design Focus G Blue | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz | AMD Wraith cooler | Toshiba KSG60ZMV256G | EVGA 2060 KO | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold SSR-650-FX | 

Honorable Mentions:

- iZac (Server): Fractal Design Node 804 | Win 11 Pro | Ryzen 5700G | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | AMD Wraith Prism

5x1TB NVME | 2x2TB 7x4TB 1x 8TB SATA HDD | ASROCKRACK x470D4U | RM750i PSU | NO Monitor

- Nibbler: Framework 16 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7 7840HS | 16" 2560x1600 | 64 GB RAM DDR5-5600 | 2TB WD SN770m & 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 | AMD 780M  | 180Watt ACadapter

2023 Model 3 Ryzen APU | 2TB Samsung T7

Useful stuff i may mention

F@H Babysitter | F@H in the Dark | HFM Setup

4 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Reveal hidden contents

COUGH MARK COUGH

Go for it I'll look the other way this 1 time. I want you to win you are my hero I want to be just like you when I grow up. 🙂

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

Only mercs if you have to pay for the privilege 

I don't, but @marknd59 has special definitions of things for me specifically. 🙄

3 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

If i were you, I'd test them just to make sure they're in good working order :)))

Just now, cbigfoot said:

SPIN THEM UP LETS DESTROY COVID AND CANCER!!!

LET'S JUST DESTROY EVERONE! No people, no worries!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

Go for it I'll look the other way this 1 time. I want you to win you are my hero I want to be just like you when I grow up. 🙂

No.

You say that now, but we both know you're going to get a coverup over your Den tattoo if I do it.

14 minutes ago, NetoriusNick said:

To me if you don't have to pay then its not a merc, its a friend who is free to help out 😉

I agree, I would really only count using cloud based resources as mercenary, using friends PC to fold under your ID is fair game as far as I'm concerned.

10 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

If they gang up against you I'll fold under your ID to help you, it's only ~7M PPD but it all counts.

I second that! :))

10 minutes ago, d0ks said:

I second that! :))

I third that! With 600,000 points per day, but no one asked. ;)

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

1 minute ago, FakeNSA said:

I third that! With 600,000 points per day, but no one asked. ;)

I fourth that!

with 0 points per day b'cos my kroambrix hates me

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

28 minutes ago, Gegger said:

I fourth that!

with 0 points per day b'cos my kroambrix hates me

Awww.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!