LTT Official Folding Month 2020!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Luckily when I said it was almost done, I really meant it. 

For the last time in 2020, ladles and gentlespoons, here a blog post.

And with that said, it's a wrap! Thank you for everyone getting involved, if you'd like to continue talking about folding why not head over to The Folding Community Board

Man, cant get a 3000 series card, and Baldur's gate 3 launches in a minute...Folding is not looking good for our hero, Zoidberg

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

Ah! Folding time again. Haven’t been much round on the forum since last event.

this time round only one 2070 on the running though, no fancy side servers

all little bits help, right! 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

is 1.3 million in one month considered a lot?

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

3 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

All depends what you are folding with.

i folded with my 2080 around march/april since i was studying from home and only needed cpu power to read linux/networking stuff.

so i had it turned on about 4-6 hours a day 5 days a week

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

3 minutes ago, flashiling said:

i folded with my 2080 around march/april since i was studying from home and only needed cpu power to read linux/networking stuff.

so i had it turned on about 4-6 hours a day 5 days a week

When you are starting and stoping Wu's like that you are going to really mess up your points score as it is base on how long it takes you to complete the WU. For example my 2060 running 24/7 will do around 1.5M points per day so you can see the difference there.

Just now, marknd59 said:

When you are starting and stoping Wu's like that you are going to really mess up your points score as it is base on how long it takes you to complete the WU. For example my 2060 running 24/7 will do around 1.5M points per day so you can see the difference there.

oh wow,

yea i generally tried to only stop the WU's when it was done, but it kept downloading a new one that would be placed as inactive.

1 hour ago, flashiling said:

oh wow,

yea i generally tried to only stop the WU's when it was done, but it kept downloading a new one that would be placed as inactive.

You can just use the advanced control, and set the current WU to finish, then it will not download a new one, before next time you set it to start.

The WEB UI does not support the finish setting, and only supports start and stop. So use the advanced control center instead. Much better point rewards this way.

Also set pause-on-start to true so it doesn't download a WU right as you start it. 

2080 does 1.3 million in 12 hours or so these days.

Also make sure you've got your passkey set, that'll do 10 times more points.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

3 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

eeks out the absolute maximum PPD by only downloading a WU when you're just about to start on it so you don't lose PPD by a WU sitting there dropping points and not being acted on

STOP GIVING ALL OF THE SECRETS!!!!

/s

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, marknd59 said:

I think 99% is the default

I'm pretty sure the default is 95, or at least it was in the past. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 hours ago, Struck said:

You can just use the advanced control, and set the current WU to finish, then it will not download a new one, before next time you set it to start.

The WEB UI does not support the finish setting, and only supports start and stop. So use the advanced control center instead. Much better point rewards this way.

It really upsets me that the Web UI (API) does not have finish.   I have tried to hack it in to the web client a few ways but they just did not put the hooks there.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

43 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

I remember now back when WU's were hard to find sometimes I had it down at 95%. As the number of WU's increased I increased it when I just checked I'm set to 98% at the moment.

Yeah... 95% was the pro move in the spring... now that there are less folding and F@H has a ton of servers / support from cloud partners I have set it to 100% I don't want to bleed a single PPD ;)

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

It's weird becasue it's supposed to, it just doesn't work. When you click stop you get asked "do you want to stop now or when the WU is done?", but if you say "when done" which is supposed to set to finish it does not do anything.

Pretty sure it worked in the past.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

4 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

fun fact, the old NaCL had a finish you could activate by refreshing the page and it would ask you if you wanted to leave, if you selected "no" then it would enter finish

Extra upsetting.   I want the finish command in the browser because 1) it just makes more sense then stop for many situations.
2) I could code the web client to do stuff like, set WU to finish based on time of day for electricity costs, or based on the local weather forcast etc.... and likewise turn folding back on when it makes sense.  

Just now, Kilrah said:

It's weird becasue it's supposed to, it just doesn't work. When you click stop you get asked "do you want to stop now or when the WU is done?", but if you say "when done" which is supposed to set to finish it does not do anything.

Pretty sure it worked in the past.

Which is why I changed the button to say "Stop folding" in the dark mode version.   I reviewed all the code the only functions they have wired up to that finish button are Stop functions.    It's like they intended finish cause it would make sense but the API coder was like... naaa.. man...we only got stop..

I'm going to be out of town this weekend, but I got my RTX2070 rolling. I'm back in the dorms which means freeee power! Also, the 2070 did a little more then 2M points by itself yesterday. New record for me. Folding month is going to be the first time it's going to have such a long folding run. 

Check Out My F@H Stats HERE

Check Out My BOINC Stats HERE

9 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

looks like the best 3090 is gonna be a 2080Ti after all ;)

they're coming down, i'm still going up

Those are cool stats. Where are those from?

Check Out My F@H Stats HERE

Check Out My BOINC Stats HERE

48 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

@LAR_Systems

image.png.b969991119180fd599e4d10de33e0495.png

I'm not surprised that a 3090 is not project optimized... but what you have done to the 3080... RIP ;)

1 hour ago, yaboistar said:

@LAR_Systems

image.png.b969991119180fd599e4d10de33e0495.png

Just got my 3090 2 hours ago, 6.2mil ppd. 

Thats no overclock and Force P2 state on