Is this considered general knowledge?

Nex6

How many of these Twitch streamers do you know?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How many of these Twitch streamers do you know?

• 0-2
    • 3-6
    • 7-10

Recently there has been news (and on this forum and on WAN show) about a guy called DrDisrespect being banned from Twitch. Some call him "King of Twitch". There's a video on YT describing his career, people making 5k donations etc.

I realized that I have never heard of him. That's right. I have never seen him before, didn't know what he was doing. I wonder are there any other people around here that are this clueless about top Twitch streamers. To me the quality of these streamers looks so bad that it's a borderline scam. How is this legal and hard drugs are not?

How many of the top 11 streamers have you heard of? I have heard only of two, Riot Games and Ninja. And even the Ninja guy, I only heard it on WAN show, when they talked about him leaving Twitch not long ago. So I could really say I only know one.

Sure, I might be a little bit ... disentangled (I got this cool word from Jada Pinkett Smith, otherwise I'd be using "disengaged") from the modern world. Sure, I might be a few decades away from being an old grumpy man, whining how this world is going to hell and the stupidity of our civilization is getting more destructive with every day. Sure, I might be the only one who has seen only one movie made during last 5 years (The Hateful Eight is the only "new" movie I have seen to this day).

But I really hope I'm not the only one not knowing who those Fortnite players are.

I know 10 of them. But I can't care less about them tbh..

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Tbh i never heard of any of them or saw anything, but then again i'm not interested in fortnite, generally lets plays and that sort of stuff. Give me a project car and Im happy :P

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

I've heard of 4 and a half-ish (as one of them I have heard the name/seen YouTube thumbnail with him on it).

Although the others I have only somewhat heard/known of.

The ones I know:

Dr.Disrespect: someone I know likes his content and he appears in some 'rage compilation' videos

Tfue: Taeha Types made him a keyboard and MrBeast visited him once (when I watched MrBeast in the past), so that is how I heard of him.

Shroud: know of him due to WAN Show/that Hz video I think

Ninja: heard of him, seen some memes with him

Summit1g: seen YouTube thumbnails with his face/name on it

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

19 minutes ago, Nex6 said:

To me the quality of these streamers looks so bad that it's a borderline scam. How is this legal and hard drugs are not?

You make zero sense.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

I know everyone but the TSM guys, dakotaz, and Dr. Lupo. Afaik everyone but them was already reasonably popular before the battle royale craze, when I stopped caring about top streamers because I could not care less about battle royale games.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

I've heard of 4 or 5, but haven't watched anything they've ever made personally and definitely couldn't pick them out of a lineup, mainly as I don't really use twitch, nor do I watch game streamers. I am however, also not the target audience age for twitch, so there is that...

Only heard of 4. I've never watched Ninja or Dr. Disrespect but given their popularity/news, I've seen their names pop up. Only ones I've seen/watched before are shroud and summit.

I've heard of 8 of them, but know almost nothing about most of them. I mostly just recognize the names from youtube video and new article titles. I've never really understood watching someone else live stream a game instead of just playing it yourself. I can understand watching gameplay videos on YouTube, as those are edited to cut the boring stuff, and intentionally made to entertain, but just watching someone else stream a game (particularly something like fortnite) is of little interest to me.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

I only know the twitch that played pokemon, but didn’t see them in the list to vote for.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

I've heard of three of them, and in all cases it's only because they have been in the news for some reason or another. Dr. Disrespect got some heat at a con for streaming from the toilets, Ninja doesn't understand the concept of non-competitive gaming and Riot had a walkout over harassment accusations. Also, they announced a bunch of League of Legends tie-in games that read suspiciously like they had been copying Blizzard's homework.

All that said, I'm not surprised by that fact as I don't use Twitch and my only interaction with Twitch streams is through Youtube.

12 hours ago, Nex6 said:

I realized that I have never heard of him. That's right. I have never seen him before, didn't know what he was doing. I wonder are there any other people around here that are this clueless about top Twitch streamers. To me the quality of these streamers looks so bad that it's a borderline scam. How is this legal and hard drugs are not?

Are you the bastion of who can be a top streamer? How very narcissistic of you. 

"these streamers are a scam because I haven't heard of them" 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

i know one and that is me.

peak egotism

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

12 hours ago, BobVonBob said:

I know everyone but the TSM guys, dakotaz, and Dr. Lupo. Afaik everyone but them was already reasonably popular before the battle royale craze, when I stopped caring about top streamers because I could not care less about battle royale games.

Dr Lupo is a good one to watch. A lot less "childish" comedy, a little more dry, but he does a ton of charity stuff. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

7 minutes ago, Voluspa said:

Dr Lupo is a good one to watch. A lot less "childish" comedy, a little more dry, but he does a ton of charity stuff. 

It's not the streamers, it's the games. I absolutely do not care about anything being played by top streamers right now.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

I know of 3 and all three aren't on twitch now. Ninja and shroud left ages ago and Disrespect got a mystery ban hammer dropped on him. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Just now, BobVonBob said:

It's not the streamers, it's the games. I absolutely do not care about anything being played by top streamers right now.

Should play some Banjo Kazooie

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

I know like half of them. But actually only seen/watched Myth.

The others I know by name only. Doc, tfue, shroud, lupo and riot games (not really what I'd put in the same category as the others though)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro