Summer Folding Sprint of 2020

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

PRIZES!!!!!

With the posting of this, we have now concluded the event. If you would like to continue folding I ask that you pop over to the Folding Community Board!

@TVwazhere or @leadeater can one of you guys lock this thread please now. 

Thank you everyone, see you again soon!

Happy folding,

Spec.

Just now, GrockleTD said:

Here in cornland it's a toasty 69 degrees freedom

That ain't toasty!

It's 84° down here in redneck heaven and that's not even toasty lol

It was 94° yesterday with 95% humidity and that just sucked. I kept my skinny ass inside in the a/c all day

Folding Stats

CPU- Ryzen 9 3900x,  GPU- NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super , Case- Corsair 680X , RAM -Corsair Vengeance RGB (x2) 16GB 3200MHz

AIO- Corsair H115i Platinum RGB Cooler,  PSU-Corsair HX750i  , MOBO- MSI X570 MEG Unify  , And (x6) Corsair LL120 fans

Corsair K95 Platinum Keyboard, Logitech G700s mouse , Samsung Curved 65" 4K TV & (x2) 32" curved Samsung Monitors (currently sitting in their boxes as I've got nowhere to put them)

FAQ: 

1. Yes, I've got the 'beetus

2. No, I'm not fat. It's Type 1, not Type 2

3. Yes, I can in fact eat sugar and not die. That's what Insulin is for. 

9 minutes ago, MISTERDIEABETIC said:

That ain't toasty!

It's 84° down here in redneck heaven and that's not even toasty lol

It was 94° yesterday with 95% humidity and that just sucked. I kept my skinny ass inside in the a/c all day

Haha I know, It was in the 80's yesterday, cooled down just in time for the sprint

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

If your folding system space is running warm you can always use old fans, zip ties and whatever else you got to build supporting airflow for your rigs.

i rigged this up to circulate air near my machines as the hot air was just hanging in that area of my office. Nice and quiet compared to normal house fans too.

07B071BE-2F72-485A-990C-6C69788F16EE.jpeg.44f8ed82aa968d832d43e88259204fca.jpeg

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

3 hours ago, rodarkone said:

@Unilevers will win this :) he is folding ~ 2 mil more PPD than me :D  ... and he will probably bypass me in about 8-9 days :)

i wont win because Macaw's Mercenary AWS army is too much for my rigs i run.  I was waiting for when they would kick in.

Stats collection and sheet import has been completed successfully @ 00:37BST.

First pass of automatic validation is green across the board, minimum manual validation and spot checks will now be conducted by myself then we will be getting a blog post up asap. 

Hope you are all having a good evening(morning) 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Blog post up people!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I am finally seeming to be out of the covid moonshot pool that I was swimming in for the last almost day.  Seriously those WU's are worth like 1/4 a normal one for how long they take!

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

1 hour ago, Zberg said:

I am finally seeming to be out of the covid moonshot pool that I was swimming in for the last almost day.  Seriously those WU's are worth like 1/4 a normal one for how long they take!

That, and the lack of GPU WU's... I haven't had any in like 24hrs, and with CPUs only I can't get to the 300k/day minimum :( :( Hope they release new GPU WUs onto the world very very soon!

1 minute ago, ThatPianoGuy said:

That, and the lack of GPU WU's... I haven't had any in like 24hrs, and with CPUs only I can't get to the 300k/day minimum :( :( Hope they release new GPU WUs onto the world very very soon!

I too am struggling to keep all 5 cards fed atm, even with the beta tag 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Aha! So you are the one stealing all of my WU's! I motion for flogging with a rusty potato!

What's this beta tag you mentioned?

5 minutes ago, ThatPianoGuy said:

Aha! So you are the one stealing all of my WU's! I motion for flogging with a rusty potato!

What's this beta tag you mentioned?

You are welcome to do it, but the WUs are more unstable, i recommend the advanced flag instead. 

You can do it by going into configure, pressing 'add' then typing 'client-type' under name, and add either beta or advanced to the value field. 

EDIT:

This is under the expert field!!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

im not sure how everyone has been having trouble with WU's.  Im running over 30 GPU's and have constant WU 24/7.  I run the advanced flag and a babysitter but i dont think ive been out of a WU on any card for more than 5 min for a couple months.

4 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

You are welcome to do it, but the WUs are more unstable, i recommend the advanced flag instead. 

You can do it by going into configure, pressing 'add' then typing 'client-type' under name, and add either beta or advanced to the value field. 

A thousand thanks! Applied that to all my clients, hoping for more WU's :)

Edit: worked instantly!

Thanks again

Edited by ThatPianoGuy
update

1 minute ago, ThatPianoGuy said:

A thousand thanks! Applied that to all my clients, hoping for more WU's :)

Thanks again

Happy to be of assistance!

Thanks for joining the event, now on to find that pot of fold

Spoiler

Damn my puns are getting bad.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

really? i've been pretty lucky with keeping mine fed, although they probably go through WU's a lot less quickly

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

4 minutes ago, GrockleTD said:

really? i've been pretty lucky with keeping mine fed, although they probably go through WU's a lot less quickly

Yeah, I should be clearing 5m per day with relative ease. But I'm getting 4-4.2m showing some decent level of downtime. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Damn poor output moonshot WUs... geez

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

13 hours ago, marknd59 said:

If you are having problems getting WU try setting - 

client-type - advanced
next-unit-percentage  - 98

I think...that might've worked perfectly

I'm having weird issues with my 1080 atm, I don't have the energy to try to deal with the thing tbh, I presuming it is related to something sucking up the 3D engine or/and Pstates. But honestly, I just don't have it in my to deal with the thing. 

If only there was some way for @LAR_Systems to make his plug in force Pstates then it would be perfect. (I am aware that this would be very difficult, if not impossible to do)

But a man can dream!

never had this issue before now... sigh

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

9 hours ago, ThatPianoGuy said:

I'm pretty sure it's 300k points across the whole event, not 300k/day.

Just now, buyobuyo said:

I'm pretty sure it's 300k points across the whole event, not 300k/day.

This is very much correct.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I'm having weird issues with my 1080 atm, I don't have the energy to try to deal with the thing tbh, I presuming it is related to something sucking up the 3D engine or/and Pstates. But honestly, I just don't have it in my to deal with the thing. 

If only there was some way for @LAR_Systems to make his plug in force Pstates then it would be perfect. (I am aware that this would be very difficult, if not impossible to do)

But a man can dream!

never had this issue before now... sigh

Perhaps I could get it turboing for you if I added back some animated GIFs ;)

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database.