Summer Folding Sprint of 2020

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

PRIZES!!!!!

With the posting of this, we have now concluded the event. If you would like to continue folding I ask that you pop over to the Folding Community Board!

@TVwazhere or @leadeater can one of you guys lock this thread please now. 

Thank you everyone, see you again soon!

Happy folding,

Spec.

Summer Folding Sprint of 2020

Starts June 13th(00:00 BST)

Ends June, 19th (23:59 BST)

REGISTRATION HAS NOW CLOSED FOR THIS EVENT!

If you are unsure on how to fill in the form ask on the thread below. If you make a mistake filling out the form please use the thread linked below.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1204086-folding-sprint-2020-correction-thread/

Folding@home team LTT id#: 223518

(This event is only for folding for team LTT you will not qualify if you are folding independent or for another team, sorry.)

This event will NOT be eligible for F@H event badges.

Please read the whole of this post before asking any questions and use the links provided at the end for help and support!

If anyone is willing to help with data handling please PM me ASAP!

Please follow this thread to keep up to date!

Minimum Participation Requirements For Prizes

5 Days with activity* & 300,000 Points

(*activity is defined as completing at least 1WU for the 24 hour period)

Prizes!!!

(More to come soon)

Community donated prizes:

20x Random Steam keys - Community Pool

2x 20USD Steam Gift Card - Donated by @Zberg

2x 20USD Steam Gift Card - Donated by @Jawa_Juice

Draw: All Ranks

Summer is that time when it gets hot outside, just thought you may need a reminder with how long some of us have been in lockdown. Many of us on the folding front like to gear down a little during this strange mystical time of higher temperatures as we believe all our folding activities have heated up the world too much so we want to let it cool of a little. Seriously though, it can be hard to stay motivated during summer as the heat starts to climb, so to reward you for your efforts I like to run a small event. We have all the motivation we need currently with the ongoing crisis we face so I won't waffle on too much. I just want you all to know that your efforts are appreciated.

What is Folding@Home

Folding@home is a network of volunteer computers distributed around the world that aims to perform biomedical research with the single intent of helping to further understand and develop cures for a range of diseases such as; Alzheimer's, cancer, and Parkinson's and most recently COVID19. The exact research that is done is simulating the 'folding' of proteins in the body, this is important because the function of a protein id directly related to its physical shape. And this, when the protein is created in the body it needs to reshuffle its shape to get into the correct structure to perform its task. Many illnesses can be linked to faulty proteins in the body such as many cancers and neurological issues, along with a wide number of other general health concerns. Folding@home is one of the world's fastest computing systems, over the last few months reaching a speed of around 2.5 Exaflops due to massive support taking the fight to COVID19. Currently the network sits just over the 2 Exaflop mark, Making it four times faster than the top 10 supercomputers combined.

PASSKEYS! (they're really important)

Don't forget to get yourself a passkey from the link below to ensure that you hit the points requirement, the passkey is a feature that was added a while ago to the Folding Client that helps to authenticate each user on the network, an added bonus of this is the fact that it allows you to qualify for QRB(Quick Return Bonus) Points, QRBs are extra points you earn for submitting work units more quickly, such as if you have faster hardware or let the client fold full time, rather than on idle. QRB credit is awarded after 10 WUs have been submitted. You can get your passkey from the link below.

https://apps.foldingathome.org/getpasskey

Please remember that I will be writing my usual daily update blog once the event kicks off, the blog can be found linked below.

https://linustechtips.com/main/blogs/entry/1853-prelude/

This is just a PSA for the new guys here, the folding team is historically a small close knit community, so here's a few things I'd like you all to keep in mind. It doesn't hurt to say thank you, if someone has genuinely helped you out don't forget to drop a reaction on their posts, help others where ever you can and finally we are a team first and always. 

Check your stats out here! Bare in mind it can take some time for your first WUs to appear so leave it a day or two.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/search.php

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

ooga, with a side of booga

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

It's been a cool 90 degrees F( Freedom degrees) here;  air conditioner, suit up.

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

aww man, i probably won't have internet at my new house for the next couple weeks still. so i'm afraid i'm gonna have to miss this one.

still gonna sign up tho, you never know!

14 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

aww man, i probably won't have internet at my new house for the next couple weeks still. so i'm afraid i'm gonna have to miss this one.

still gonna sign up tho, you never know!

Lemme borrow your GPU's for a week :^) 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Also, emphasis on

1 hour ago, GOTSpectrum said:

This event will NOT be eligible for F@H event badges.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Lemme borrow your GPU's for a week :^) 

sure, if you can come pick them up in Hoorn in the netherlands by 8AM tomorrow they're yours until i get connected down here. ;)

7 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

sure, if you can come pick them up in Hoorn in the netherlands by 8AM tomorrow they're yours until i get connected down here. ;)

Hello, Operator? Get me the airport! I need a flight to the Netherlands right now! What? what do you mean you Dont do international flights?.... "Local" airport? GET ME YOUR SUPERVISOR ON THE PHONE RIGHT NOW, IT'S AN EMERGENCY I  NEED TO WIn A CONTEST DAMNIT

I will be getting back to any DMs after dinner in an around an hour or so guys.

We have 15 sign ups so far, you guys are awesome. 

@RILEYISMYNAME @James you know what to do gents! 😎

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

*very excited*

then i remember that f@h decided to stop opening on my kroambox

啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊啊

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

Hello, Operator? Get me the airport! I need a flight to the Netherlands right now! What? what do you mean you Dont do international flights?.... "Local" airport? GET ME YOUR SUPERVISOR ON THE PHONE RIGHT NOW, IT'S AN EMERGENCY I  NEED TO WIn A CONTEST DAMNIT

Flying to pick up GPUs for folding event counts as essential travel, goshdarnit.

CPU Intel i7-7700 | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 | Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z270F Gaming | RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 3.2GHz 32GB | GPU EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra Gaming |

Case Fractal Design Define R5 | Storage Samsung 980 PRO 500GB, Samsung 970 EVO+ "v2" 2TB | PSU Corsair RM850x 2021 | Display ASUS VP247QG + Samsung SyncMaster T220 | OS Garuda Linux

I'll be there! Though at a lower output than is expected of me due to construction.

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Also, emphasis on

So what you're saying is PM you incessantly for my event badge?!

Just a reminder that we have an affordable cloud folding partner which has given us a 10 % exclusive discount on all GPU servers!

All GPU servers are watercooled and they won't ban you for folding or mining 24/7.

boot drive for my second folding rig coming in the mail here in a couple hours... just waiting on the new case before hopefully finishing out that build, but if i must i can do some real sketch @#%& 

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

I will be going through the Steam keys I have in the community pool and added them to this today. Sorry about not getting back to anyone's messages for finishing up the post but something came up that needed my attention. I will be doing my best to finish dealing with this issue shortly then getting around to sorting out the post and, prizes and messages. 

Thanks for your understanding! 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Anyway, let's steer this back to the topic at hand!

Weather seems to have cooled down quite substantially for us over in Britland so it is looking like I may be able to remove power limitations and let the cards have at it. 

My new OC seems to be stable on my CPU so that's nice also. 

I will be sorting out making sure we have stats cooling with @leadeater sometime in the next day or so. Furthermore I have received a couple PMs about potentially helping out with the datasheet. 

All in all things are going smoothly here at #TeamLTT HQ, it is looking like the event should run fine for the most part(fingers crossed). 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240