The best worst device you've ever seen?

For me, it has to be the ROG Phone 2.

Best specs all around: latest chip at the time, 120hz OLED screen, 6000 mAh battery, and so much more. And it's really not that expensive.

But it's just the ugliest phone I've ever seen. Can't rock that thing if you're an adult, it's just ridiculous. I wish they made the same device with a muted design. 

1 minute ago, 7412 said:

For me, it has to be the ROG Phone 2.

Best specs all around: latest chip at the time, 120hz OLED screen, 6000 mAh battery, and so much more. And it's really not that expensive.

But it's just the ugliest phone I've ever seen. Can't rock that thing if you're an adult, it's just ridiculous. I wish they made the same device with a muted design. 

Trash can mac

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Semi-related: Pontiac Aztek. Useful but not pretty.

Lol you think the Aztec isn’t pretty? Take a look at the Fiat Multipla.

Just now, The_russian said:

Oh, I know the Multipla, but at least the Aztek is useful as a vehicle. The Multipla is just really strange just to be really strange. Still, both beat mediocre ugly vehicles like the Murano CrossCabriolet.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, Curious Pineapple said:

Ha, not seen the PT Cruiser?

PT Cruiser is hardly ugly. Definitely not over things like the Juke, the SsangYong Rodius and the Fiat Multipla.

9 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Most gaming laptops. Why can't they put that hardware into a casing that isn't so... flashy and gamery?

Semi-related: Pontiac Aztek. Useful but not pretty. Could also use a 3800 over a 60deg 3.4 V6.

Ehh, there are uglier cars out that. I don’t think the hate on the Aztec was deserved. I dislike a lot of supercar stylings more so though. The Hummer, I think, was pretty gaudy. 

Unpopular opinion, but I actually liked station wagons. Much of the practical advantages of SUVs (namely lots of interior space and visibility for days), but tends to be a heck of a lot more nimble on mountain roads. Miss my old Turbo Volvo. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

1 minute ago, PacketMan said:

Oh have you seen the Range Rover Evoque cabrio? The first time I saw one it looked like a swimming pool, too bulky and high to be a fucking cabrio, c'mon...

I've seen 'em, I just don't know if they're uglier and more useless than a Murano CC. At least the Evoque is slightly elegant and screams daddy's retirement fund. The Murano could not give a shit about putting its convertible top on, to the point where it's just hilarious; with that, the Murano also screams divorced thrice rather than retirement funds.

Just now, The_russian said:

Fiat Multipla

Is It Possible To Make The Fiat Multipla Look Better?

"Let's stack a small car on top of a bigger car and call it a minivan."

"Sure thing bud!!!"

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

2 minutes ago, PacketMan said:

it looked like a swimming pool

spot on lol, it looks so odd

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

13 minutes ago, PacketMan said:

So for you the worst device is one of the most powerful phones because... it's a bit ugly?

No, that's not the worst, it's the best worst. Not the same.

5 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Ehh, there are uglier cars out that. I don’t think the hate on the Aztec was deserved. I dislike a lot of supercar stylings more so though. The Hummer, I think, was pretty gaudy. 

Unpopular opinion, but I actually liked station wagons. Much of the practical advantages of SUVs (namely lots of interior space and visibility for days), but tends to be a heck of a lot more nimble on mountain roads. Miss my old Turbo Volvo. 

Again, I don't particularly like the way the Aztek looks, but it's hardly the worst thing in existence. It's just fun to pick on in a sense.

Also, ditto on wagons. Even with the problems my car's got, I really love to be in my Saturn L300.2 wagon. I'm gonna miss it once it shits the bed.

Just now, PacketMan said:

Honestly, I don't think they sold many of those Murano cabrio, better burn the money

Yeah, I've only seen a handful of Murano CCs. As a matter of fact, I've probably seen more Chevy SSes and Pontiac G8 GXPs than those Muranos. Still, it's more than what I've seen of Evoque convertibles.

20 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Most gaming laptops. Why can't they put that hardware into a casing that isn't so... flashy and gamery?

Semi-related: Pontiac Aztek. Useful but not pretty. Could also use a 3800 over a 60deg 3.4 V6.

Most gaming laptops need better cooling, but unless you want to see a 4" thick laptop, this is what you're going to get. At least Lenovo's gaming laptops look like business laptops. 

The ugliest piece of tech I've ever seen are Light Rail trains. I'm sorry but these narrow-tall trains, by every manufacturer always look like "we put a bus on rails" rather than "we designed a train"

3 minutes ago, Kisai said:

Most gaming laptops need better cooling, but unless you want to see a 4" thick laptop, this is what you're going to get. At least Lenovo's gaming laptops look like business laptops. 

The ugliest piece of tech I've ever seen are Light Rail trains. I'm sorry but these narrow-tall trains, by every manufacturer always look like "we put a bus on rails" rather than "we designed a train"

My point was far less the thickness and almost exclusively centered on how they look. I don’t need a laptop to scream at me that it can play games, I’d rather it be something I don’t have to think about.

24 minutes ago, Techstorm970 said:

Fiat Multipla

"Sure thing bud!!!"

to quote simon cowell of all people: "it looks like the car has a disease."

46 minutes ago, Techstorm970 said:

Fiat Multipla

"Sure thing bud!!!"

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

The one I’m remembering is a ken doll from the 90’s. They wanted to make a ken that was “hot” so they sent researchers to night clubs to find the best dressed hottest looking guys and photograph them.  They noticed a very large percentage of them were wearing large metal rings on chains about their necks so they put one of those on the doll.

Thus “Ear ring magic Ken” was born.  
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earring_Magic_Ken

They didn’t sell very many before they found out what the ring was. The toy was promptly pulled from shelves.   “Cock ring Ken” is a major collectible now and sells for hundreds of dollars on eBay.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The one I’m remembering is a ken doll from the 90’s. They wanted to make a ken that was “hot” so they sent researchers to night clubs to find the best dressed hottest looking guys and photograph them.  They noticed a very large percentage of them were wearing large metal rings on chains about their necks so they put one of those on the doll.

Thus “Ear ring magic” was born.  
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earring_Magic_Ken

They didn’t sell very many before they found out what the ring was.  “Cock ring Ken” is a major collectible now and sells for hundreds of dollars on eBay.

Looks a lot like Billy Idol. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

6 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Looks a lot like Billy Idol. 

I believe you’re not the first to say that.  It’s the hair and chin I think.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Techstorm970 said:

Fiat Multipla

"Sure thing bud!!!"

2020 Toyota Yaris Hatchback XLE Auto Specs | J.D. Power

Laughs in Toyota Yaris. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 minute ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

2020 Toyota Yaris Hatchback XLE Auto Specs | J.D. Power

Laughs in Toyota Yaris. 

Wanted to buy one of those.  It drove like such a POS though.

8 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Wanted to buy one of those.  It drove like such a POS though.

It's basically a Mazda 2 which is geared towards the Asian market so I'm not surprised. 

It's basically one step up over something like the Mitsubishi Mirage in the new car market. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580