LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

You see I need a tiny device as I cant be seen with it at work. I am a smoker too but 100% can't do that at work. So having it in the pocket watch pocket of my jeans means I can have a few off here and there when my client isn't with me, like if they use the toilet for instance. 

I'm going in the market for a decent mod to use as home as I try to transition away from smoking further.

I like my Aegeis Boost from GeekVape. Adjustable air flow and power. Plus drop proof and water proof. I am the clumsiest person in the world

i will get some of yall tomorrow... @BearCalledDave congrats on 67 but i will pass you tomorrow.  MUAUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! oh BTW WOOT 68 sorry you will have to look at whos 69 ;) 

image.png.1d1103a2cdf9b77756a7b37c3ce5292b.png

My EOC F@H stats | My F@H Stats | My Real time F@H Production | My Boinc Stats

My team in point Generation order:

- Bender: Corsair CARBIDE 600C | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | Noctua NH-U14H | 1TB Toshiba SSD | EVGA XC3 Ultra 3070LHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | EVGA FTW 3070FHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 1000 Gold SSR-1000FX | 55" Samsung 120Hz 3D TV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Scooty-Puff: Alienware M15R5 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7-5800H | 64GB DDR4-3200 | PC711 & WD SN750 SE 1TB | 3070M | 240 Watt ACadapter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Omicron_Persei_8: Dell G5 5511 | Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS | Intel i7-11800 | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1x512GB BC711 & 2TB Intel 660p | 3060M | 240 Watt ACadapter

- Calculon (MainTower): Fractal Design Meshify S2 White | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3200 TridentZ RGB | Noctua NH-D15 | 1x SN750SE | AMD 5700XT XFX Rx-57XT8OFF6 | Gigabyte X570 WiFi Pro | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold SSR-750FX | 2x Dell S3422DWG & Dell U2715H & Dell U2917W

- Leela:  Fractal Design Focus G Blue | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz | AMD Wraith cooler | Toshiba KSG60ZMV256G | EVGA 2060 KO | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold SSR-650-FX | 

Honorable Mentions:

- iZac (Server): Fractal Design Node 804 | Win 11 Pro | Ryzen 5700G | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | AMD Wraith Prism

5x1TB NVME | 2x2TB 7x4TB 1x 8TB SATA HDD | ASROCKRACK x470D4U | RM750i PSU | NO Monitor

- Nibbler: Framework 16 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7 7840HS | 16" 2560x1600 | 64 GB RAM DDR5-5600 | 2TB WD SN770m & 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 | AMD 780M  | 180Watt ACadapter

2023 Model 3 Ryzen APU | 2TB Samsung T7

Useful stuff i may mention

F@H Babysitter | F@H in the Dark | HFM Setup

5 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Heres the stats, blog post will be done when this god damn cat moves her arse!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qg4_XMVQ18jk0CNDSgyU5Vx_doNxMAhnXraHRWl8C8M/edit?usp=sharing

Woohoo! Almost 100 places since yesterday :)

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. ~ Bill Murray

My folding stats

54 minutes ago, GalaxyNetworks said:

You keep forgetting that you only pay for consumption in the cloud. Do you need to scale up for a short period due to a product or update release, No problem! Then you simply scale down when you no longer need the extra resources. Please do that on-prem!

Sorry my bad, I think I see what you are getting at now. I've been referring to use of compute programs like F@H in cloud computing where resources would be used almost constantly, I should have made that clear, I think you are talking about cloud computing in general and its ability to change to your needs, but I still believe there is a point when sufficient usage would make cloud computing more expensive, but for many uses cases it would be cheaper.

14 minutes ago, Gamerx007 said:

sever thunderstorm

and no ups

wish me luck 😅

You should be fine, it just ended here about 40 minutes ago. What a sight to behold. The sky was bright like day time, last time i saw a lightning storm like late was decades ago... I'm just happy we didn't get a massive amount of rain I still have one major leaking foundation crack to fix. 😠 

OEC , F@H

Ryzen 5 3600, MSI Tomahawk Max, 16Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz, AMD RX590, WD Black PCIe Gen3 x4 NVMe M.2 2280 500GB

4 minutes ago, Vinay Pundith said:

A "No Such File or Directory" error!

Be aware that this is most likely not the correct way to do it, but it may help if you're still stuck.

Do you have the file /usr/bin/FAHClient?

This is the executable. It will generate files and folders in the current directory, so do not simply run it.
You can use /etc/init.d/FAHClient to start and stop the client. "/etc/init.d/FAHClient start/stop/status/log"

If configuration failed you can "cd /etc/fahclient/" and run "sudo /usr/bin/FAHClient --configure". I'm not sure if this will generate the work directory and database here as well. These files are usually saved in "/var/lib/fahclient" as you can see in the "cat /etc/init.d/FAHClient" script.

Now run the client "sudo /etc/init.d/FAHClient start".

4 minutes ago, Gustavehomme01 said:

You should be fine, it just ended here about 40 minutes ago. What a sight to behold. The sky was bright like day time, last time i saw a lightning storm like late was decades ago... I'm just happy we didn't get a massive amount of rain I still have one major leaking foundation crack to fix. 😠 

try some flex paste ;) 

28 minutes ago, Vinay Pundith said:

I tried this, and although I seem to have installed FAHClient successfully, I can't get it to start running.  Any tips?

Was there any errors?

20 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Heres the stats, blog post will be done when this god damn cat moves her arse!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qg4_XMVQ18jk0CNDSgyU5Vx_doNxMAhnXraHRWl8C8M/edit?usp=sharing

A little video while we wait for the blog update. I added more rows so tagging @catawalks

@Zberg @BlackAda @danielocdh @wi3si @LAR_Systems @n0xlf @bafo_ah @Unilevers @Ayren @walderston @Den-Fi and about 15 others...

Just now, justpoet said:

This is the internet.  Cat pics required!

It was already posted up the thread somewhere 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

sever storm update

I finally hear thunder 

this one looks like a doozy 😅

image.png

Well...1.4+ million points and I moved from 204 to 203. Everyone is smacking the work. Guess I'll revise my goal just to be in the top 200 by the end of the event.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x, MB: Aorus X470 Gaming 5 WiFi, RAM:32 GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4000 @ 3600 16-16-16-36

GFX: Aorus GTX 1080, Storage: 512GB Samsung 970 EVO and 1TB Seagate FIreCuda, PSU: Corsair RM850x

Case: Corsair 460X white, Cooler:Corsair H110i Pro.

LINK TO MY FOLDING STATS

Well, with this latest update, looks like there is actually a small chance I manage to make enough points after all…if I can keep getting WUs…which has become spotty this evening.

Just now, jctappel67 said:

Welp, google finally got tired of my BS. No more VMs for me.

What happened ???

Just now, GalaxyNetworks said:

Be aware that this is most likely not the correct way to do it, but it may help if you're still stuck.

Do you have the file /usr/bin/FAHClient?

This is the executable. It will generate files and folders in the current directory, so do not simply run it.
You can use /etc/init.d/FAHClient to start and stop the client. "/etc/init.d/FAHClient start/stop/status/log"

If configuration failed you can "cd /etc/fahclient/" and run "sudo /usr/bin/FAHClient --configure". I'm not sure if this will generate the work directory and database here as well. These files are usually saved in "/var/lib/fahclient" as you can see in the "cat /etc/init.d/FAHClient" script.

Now run the client "sudo /etc/init.d/FAHClient start".

Thank you so much!  My computer is now folding, for the LTT team of course 🙂

I love the community on this forum.  Extremely quick, successful and to-the-point help.  I was on a chat session with HP Tech Support for an issue with a laptop while working on this, and before even the wait time was over you guys got me up and running with the folding software.  I couldn't ask for more.

My Computer (don't laugh, I am a high schooler working with what he has):

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3.00GHz (looking to upgrade to a Xeon X5470 quad core @ 3.33GHz with Socket 771 to 775 mod)

8GB DDR2 1066 MHz RAM

ASUS P5W DH Deluxe Motherboard (Intel 975X chipset)

NVidia Quadro 2000 GPU (looking to upgrade to an AMD FirePro)

Dual Floppy Drives: 3.5 and 5 inch (yeah!)

Intel Quad Port Server Gigabit Network card

750GB HDD

Dual Boot of Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu Mate 19.10

+ an 80GB HDD with Windows Server 2012 R2

The entire computer was home assembled, using 100 percent discarded parts from a computer recycling center!

My contribution may be small but I am happy to help what I can, and for the LTT team.

Just now, Gamerx007 said:

What happened ???

They won't let me create new accounts. May try again from my laptop later.

F@H    EOC

Just now, jctappel67 said:

They won't let me create new accounts. May try again from my laptop later.

PIA?

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

PIA?

Might be worth a look. I'm a cheap bastard (except for hardware, e.g. 2070S I just bought) 

F@H    EOC

May sound like a stupid question, but how do I select in the drop-down saying "I support research fighting:  " that I want to support research fighting COVID-19?  It is not in the options

Just now, Vinay Pundith said:

May sound like a stupid question, but how do I select in the drop-down saying "I support research fighting:  " that I want to support research fighting COVID-19?  It is not in the options

Just leave it on any for now. It sends out pretty much entirely COVID-19 WUs

F@H    EOC

Just now, Vinay Pundith said:

set it to any

image.thumb.png.a8fb22234712904d0bf7f789f86f27ee.png