LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

19 minutes ago, Daniel_SC said:

Ah, to bad... Could be interesting to log, with these spotty WU-distribution thats going on...

Maybe individual slot/PC logging will be added in a later update. I mean F@H is made by data scientist, and they really really like  to hoard different data.

Check the logs of the client on that server.

3 hours ago, Excalibur20 said:

When folding my CPU reaches 71 degrees. Can it comfortably fold at that temp or do I need to invest in a better cooler so my PC doesn't blow up?

Mine is at 98°C all day.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

How do I see the amount of time I have to complete WUs ? 

I have added my name, team number and passkey to each machine, but my points have stopped going to LTT team and instead going to default team (no team) 

19 minutes ago, MrFinn741 said:

That seems to be a capacitor, if nothing else is wrong the card it should work again if you simply remove the capacitor. They may crack of age, thermal or mechanical stress and then become a short circuit.

I don't know if I'll go through the effort to actually replace it. I have a duplicate of the same card that just didn't have a host machine, so I'll sub that in tomorrow. I think I might snag a 2070s or something and demote the 1070 to the folding/streaming lackey

Come fold while not gaming! http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

Gaming Rig: i7-9700k 5GHz all core, GTX 1070, 16GB TridentZ, Buncha ssds...

Stream Machine: R7 1700, GTX 660 (lol), 16GB Corsair Somethingoranother, 120 GB SSD i've had since 2012. 

Mobile Workstation: MSI-ALPHA :R7 3750H, RX 5500M, 16GB of some ram, 500GB SSD.

3 minutes ago, Shlouski said:

I have added my name, team number and passkey to each machine, but my points have stopped going to LTT team and instead going to default team (no team) 

In the Web Control click Change Identity and re-enter your username, team ID# (223518) and passkey.
Alternatively you can change it in the Advanced Control by going Configure > Identity and doing the same.

The advanced client shows you how long you have before a work unit times out and expires. Typically 24 hours before it times out for GPU work units, and a week for it to fully expire.
image.png.97a17f72d55d48d3b95ba6997093907b.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

23 minutes ago, Shlouski said:

I had a problem with my points/WU not being counted on the official page but I found on the LTT forum a link to the Stanford servers hich accurately counted the points maybe it si worth checking this one https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/VaterrodtJ just change my name to yours and use underscores if you have used backspace.

Btw completely new to folding saw the call to arms in the forum and freaking loving it. Though my machines are weak compared to the rest here the point system plays with my inner gamer :D 

37 minutes ago, Spotty said:

In the Web Control click Change Identity and re-enter your username, team ID# (223518) and passkey.
Alternatively you can change it in the Advanced Control by going Configure > Identity and doing the same.

Yes I did both of these. I will watch and check what team the next point are added.

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/shlouski

16 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Unfortunately this event is a community event, not an LMG endorsed event. 

Um... with the long talk and excitement on WAN, the upcoming video with the 6-GPU rig, the fact that they're setting up an LTT FAH server plus more in a datacenter to help with the WU issue it's not gonna be an "LMG endorsed event"? 

Makes no sense...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

3 minutes ago, SpicyMustard said:

Why are the GPU Work Unit proteins looking like cubes?

image.png.6bd0b6501996ef6da174c982f6735ff4.png

How did you get that to run? Is it a Core22 or Core21 unit?

i was under the Impression, that the viewer is basically broken.

and I have no idea why or if this is just a bug. I am no biology/medicine guy lol

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

4 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

How did you get that to run? Is it a Core22 or Core21 unit?

i was under the Impression, that the viewer is basically broken.

and I have no idea why or if this is just a bug. I am no biology/medicine guy lol

It works in Linux and MacOS

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

It works in Linux and MacOS

But why is it a cube? Almost five GPU WUs look like cubes while the CPU WUs look like actual proteins.

10 hours ago, LIGISTX said:

The servers are being heavily overloaded, we are effectively DDOSing them, but, out of love....

If it has been a while, hit pause, wait a minute, and then hit start folding again. That can help your client refresh the server list and try and get new WU's. Looks like they just did some server side maintenance based on their server's up-times, and this may have caused you some issues. Try to pause and restart, or restart your computer, and then just wait a bit more.

As far as stats go, they got them working for a little bit, but they look to be down again. They are much more invested in working on their server back end and getting WU's produced and tested so they can get them out to us, and MUCH less worried about their stats servers right now. That said, the stats are being tracked, but right now so many folks are trying to look at their stats, its overloading the server. Right now, don't worry about your stats, helping the cause is all the matters :). 

Thanks for your support!!!

I agree that helping the cause is the main stuff here, but it's nice to be folding for a team as well!

It worked during the night so I am now folding with LTT !

Regarding CPU vs GPU folding, the situation is now reversed and I do not know which worked during the night, but the amount of WU done is disapointing, I'll check it out later to see if it works properly again.

10 hours ago, LordKitsune said:

1.) Likely not getting any WUs. If your time until next attempt gets above 30 minutes, pause your client and restart folding (pause, wait a minute for ongoing fold to pause which will reset it to its last checkpoint, then hit resume.) That will reset the timer for your CPU to request WUs. Normally, just doing this once will net me a WU shortly there after.

2.) That's a server sided issue on F@H's side due to being 10xd by the community (we've been hitting them so hard they will get servers back up and they immediately get swarmed by our ravenous hardware.) https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ Is what most of us have been using for our profile monitoring.

3.) Check EoC. You're probably in the right team. Regardless of team you're in however, your points still go to the same cause, and it's a good one!

We agree, it's for the good cause, now it's working with LTT.

Thanks to you two for your help and stay safe :)

finale finish build and window updating the devil build i been working on.

it eat thru 1 cpu wu in 30 minutes. it being a 2990WX

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

For people whose primary goal is not to win prizes in the competiton
or
help LTT get more points that the other team in the stats,
but
rather to help find vaccine as soon as possible,
please
fold for Rosetta@Home project
while
you computer has no workunits
from
Folding@Home

35 minutes ago, AlpacaTechTips said:

For people whose primary goal is not to win prizes in the competiton
or
help LTT get more points that the other team in the stats,
but
rather to help find vaccine as soon as possible,
please
fold for Rosetta@Home project
while
you computer has no workunits
from
Folding@Home

Yes! I am doing that to! Sadly it can't use my gpu... But there are other BOINC projects that can use it!

👍 I fold for Rosetta@home with my CPU only and use GPU only for Folding@home.

So far so good! Titan V has been busy quite a lot over night it seems. Finished a project, and got another right away. 800K points by itself, while sleeping.

Seems the servers are doing better.

Also trying to get some friends, and others to join as well.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

18 minutes ago, AlpacaTechTips said:

👍 I fold for Rosetta@home with my CPU only and use GPU only for Folding@home.

I use F@H as much as possible. And if there are no WUs, I use Rosetta@Home for my cpu and some other project for my GPU! All for science!

Sorry, I still need your help to configure that program...

Here's what I have and how i'd like to use it but I fear messing up the set up

CPU : 3700X

GPU 1 : 1070

GPU 2 : 970

I'd like to have the option of turning CPU and 1070 off for when I play and have the 970 that keeps going and to turn everything on during the night or when I do not use the computer.

However, so far the client seems to be going for all or nothing, meaning that if I pause the CPU, everything stops and only shows 1 GPU (I don't know if it's normal).

Could any of you explain how to set this up or redirect me to somewhere which shows how to ? 

Thanks !

6 minutes ago, PEagle said:

Sorry, I still need your help to configure that program...

Here's what I have and how i'd like to use it but I fear messing up the set up

CPU : 3700X

GPU 1 : 1070

GPU 2 : 970

I'd like to have the option of turning CPU and 1070 off for when I play and have the 970 that keeps going and to turn everything on during the night or when I do not use the computer.

However, so far the client seems to be going for all or nothing, meaning that if I pause the CPU, everything stops and only shows 1 GPU (I don't know if it's normal).

Could any of you explain how to set this up or redirect me to somewhere which shows how to ? 

Thanks !

You need to open the advanced control mate. Once in there you can rlght click the nodes and pause them individually.

Screenshot_891.png.568f5506927a74e1b2da6c85a6c13915.pngScreenshot_928.png.092177f59a83f4e03257c94d5647c17b.png

6 minutes ago, PEagle said:

Use the Advanced Control (right click the F@H icon in the icon tray)

Right click the slots for the CPU and 1070 in the list and select Pause. This way you can pause the 1070 and CPU slots while letting the 970 slot continue.

If you just hit the big Pause button it will pause everything.

Just now, Valentyn said:

You need to open the advanced control mate. Once in there you can rlght click the nodes and pause them individually.

Screenshot_891.png.568f5506927a74e1b2da6c85a6c13915.pngScreenshot_928.png.092177f59a83f4e03257c94d5647c17b.png

That was not intuitive but makes things so easy! Thank you very much, I'll go configure that right now.

1 minute ago, PEagle said:

That was not intuitive but makes things so easy! Thank you very much, I'll go configure that right now.

Yeah, they tried to streamline it with the web control; although the rest is all hidden away for now sadly.

Ugh... Another slow day it seems... I have only gotten 1 WU for GPU today, and no new WU's for anything the last 2 hours.