Has Linus ever actually given a reason why he wears socks and sandals?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 1:41 AM, YellowJersey said:

"There he goes, one of god's own prototypes. Unfit for mass production, but too rare to die."

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH! Dude, I nearly fell otu of my chair!

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

On 1/27/2020 at 8:57 PM, WereCatf said:

I never wear socks. Literally never.  Don't really know why it upsets people, but it sure seems to.

Apperantly sweat builds up in the shoe more if you don’t wear socks, personally I don’t go sniffing people feet or shoes so I don’t have that issue.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

On 1/29/2020 at 2:00 AM, Founders said:

Yeah that and it’s just his preferred footwear. I wear slip on Sketchers as they’re comfortably, breathable, machine washable, and I can’t be bothered to tie my shoes anymore. 

Oh yeah! Me too. I kinda miss my running loafers. And I agree, it's the best shoe for all the reasons you stated. And funnily enough, I had the hardest time convincing people these shoes were great! But they really are.

On 1/28/2020 at 5:49 AM, imreloadin said:

Yeah, because being outside while you go somewhere in the winter when it's 5 degrees with a wind chill of -20 in shorts and a t-shirt is the definition of comfort...

Guy might weight 500lbs, you don't know.

PS I hate that I have to clarify this but that was intended as a joke.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Yes, versatility. 

3 hours ago, fpo said:

Yes, versatility. 

Yeah, but no. A puddle can absolutely ruin your day. 

1 minute ago, kokakolia said:

Yeah, but no. A puddle can absolutely ruin your day. 

A deep puddle can.  Makes one think about puddle depth and the thickness of ones sandals.  Also true for most shoes at that point though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

21 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

A deep puddle can.  Makes one think about puddle depth and the thickness of ones sandals.  Also true for most shoes at that point though.

With puddles yes. But my point still stands about socks and sandals being more exposed to the elements than typical shoes. At least with shoes you have an extra layer of protection. I'm not advertising condoms ?

He does not want to comply with the Geneva Convention on Chemical\Biological Warfare.

On 1/28/2020 at 10:16 AM, yaboistar said:

as insignificant as wearing denim underwear. 

Wat.gif

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

On 1/27/2020 at 9:18 PM, PerpetualToddler said:

I've wondered for a long time, and I was just watching Handy Tech Under $100 ep. 8, when he was about to give three reasons why they're the optimal footwear, but he was rudely interrupted and the topic was dropped.

I'd love to hear his personal reasons to wear them. If anyone knows if he said anything about it publicly, I'd greatly appreciate it if you shared.

Some people are odd, others are eccentric.

Its that simple.

Why do people wear shorts in winter with snow and cold out? They drive

Why do people wear sandals in winter with snow and cold out? They drive

Why do people wear old 1990's Sun Ice jackets? They are poor

Why do people wear old 1988 Olympics jackets? Who knows

Why do people wear sandals with 2" soles? Because they are asian or short and want to look taller.

• 2 weeks later...

Linus is a failed clone of former president Obama that escaped from a lab in Area 51. His knowledge of human behavior is limited. He wears socks and sandals as he believes those to be acceptable of normal human attire. Attempts to capture him have all failed due to his power of being a corporate shill.

Eh, I say let people wear what they want. Societal standards are cumbersome. Why can't I wear a T-shirt and jeans to a wedding, damn it?!

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

4 hours ago, FakeCIA said:

Linus is a failed clone of former president Obama that escaped from a lab in Area 51. His knowledge of human behavior is limited. He wears socks and sandals as he believes those to be acceptable of normal human attire. Attempts to capture him have all failed due to his power of being a corporate shill.

Why do you or anyone else even care? How is someone wearing socks and sandals hurting anyone else? Good grief, people, get a life, a hobby, something.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

12 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Why do you or anyone else even care? How is someone wearing socks and sandals hurting anyone else? Good grief, people, get a life, a hobby, something.

^agree.

But.....Because people are so interested.

I wear boxers, and keep my ring on my finger around the house.

And... nobody cares :)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Socks are a smart choice because barefeet pickup germs, even from ones own shoes or sandals.  or so I think.

38 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I still think we need to know though. Honestly, I think the real reason he wears socks and sandals is because he secretly paints his toe nails. <.< Either that or his feet will burst into flames if they put into shoes. I'd go for the latter than the former. 

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

Just now, Lord Xeb said:

I still think we need to know though. Honestly, I think the real reason he wears socks and sandals is because he secretly paints his toe nails. <.< Either that or his feet will burst into flames if they put into shoes. I'd go for the latter than the former. 

Droll.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Just now, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Droll.

Not even a little? Come on where is the fun in that?